Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do with your 300x today?

Took it off the shelf and dusted it off. Then put it back on the shelf. The weather in Maine is garbage, so I decided no flying til it warms up.

Nano bl, Mcpx bl, 300x
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Working on the tail now... waiting on a shaft so I can finish... Will update when completed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0337.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	394034  
jdExtraZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 08:56 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Since the 300X is my "NCA" (No Care Airframe) I'm using it to experiment. This week's test is an Align 3GX flybarless unit. So far the flying characteristics are good, but the 3GX requires a very robust BEC (which I did not have, as you'll see....)

First hover:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH4s6j4x7DA[/ame]

First actual flying:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1YJciqmHNA[/ame]
Old 02-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down 13 February 2013

I looked at 300X #1 and thought I still need to repair thee.

I looked at 300X #2 and thought, tough she'ot the temperatures are just too freak'n cold (The two 1350mAh Lipo's I have don't seem to do well when the temperatures are below 45*F...)
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's almost 40 outside and fairly calm, so I'm charging a battery and I'm gonna spool this thing up in the driveway..Wish me luck

180 CFX, Nano Cpx, Mcpx v2, Mcpx BL, 300X W/ Savox Servos and Don's Wicked, Trex 450L Dominator W/Skookum 720BE and GPS, DX9, (Retired Schluter Scout 60 and Junior 50)
whatevva is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got to try my 300x - got it the last week in Jan. and between the wind, snow, rain and below freezing temps it has been sitting.

The Lynx frame brace came today (you guys scared me into it) so while the batteries were charging I installed it. Did the motor bearing mod the other day, balanced the woodies (they were perfect) and checked the tail case screws (just snug). Sunny and 37F out with light winds. Other than that it is stock out of the box.

Other than an almost oops on the first take off it flies great. No tail wag, not broken main shaft, etc. It is noisy though but I expected that. Just did some circuits with two batteries in normal and idle1. No problems that I can see. Might get another chance to fly tomorrow before the rain and snow comes back and the temps drop.
kcgraves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

3 batteries hovering and figure 8's...I'm gonna LOVE this thing!!!!

Tail got a little twitchy on the last couple minutes of the second battery..I'll lube the belt and see if that helps tomorrow

180 CFX, Nano Cpx, Mcpx v2, Mcpx BL, 300X W/ Savox Servos and Don's Wicked, Trex 450L Dominator W/Skookum 720BE and GPS, DX9, (Retired Schluter Scout 60 and Junior 50)
whatevva is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Brown out

Watched it fall out of the sky on battery number 3 today due to a brown out.
29 degree's out today. My 300x doesn't like the low temps.

Looks like I have a project to complete before spring.
taildragon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have Finally completed the daunting task of slapping maximum amount of upgrades. Be weary when you purchase them, not all upgrades work flawlessly. So I have quite the mix match of brands. Although ready to test flight for the AM. I need to find a set of blades that fit in the aluminum upgrade main grips. That being said I had to put the stock main grips back on. I'll post pics in a few...
Old 02-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I solderd a deans on a new nanotec 45/90 c 1300 mah battery I just got in the mail to match the deans on my heli. Have been having horrible luck with stock eflite lipos . Just ordered one to try them out. Then I took it for a spin . Seemed pretty close to stock as far as power maybye a tad bit better. After 4 minute flight nanotec had 3.83 per cell. Eflite had 3.7 per cell.
Also was my 6 flight with scorpion 2208-24 with 11 tooth. Also seemed pretty close to stock but with less bog and 150 times better than stock for vibrations. Smooth as glass and only half as loud as before .

Summary. 1. Should of bought 4 or 5 of the nanotecs instead of 1. Have 4 more on the wAy as of 15 minutes ago.
2. + 1 on scorpion motors. Great motor in my opinion but then this is the first one I ever bought but so far it's a keeper.

Oh yeah my heli is still in one piece and lives to fly another day.

Good luck all and happy flying
Flyby2.4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

8 flights on the 300x today with the 3GX FBL unit. The control feel is pretty good after a few tweaks, though it still has a bit of an elevator bobble on sharp inputs. Honestly, I can't totally blame the 3GX, it had some quirks with the AR7200BX too. Video to follow!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Added +/- 2° pitch, iphone guestimate is about 13°-14° pos and negative........
pitch pumps just got real....... I thought this thing was moving a little slow, now pitch pumps like a mild brushless nano. Awesome. Just hope it crashes like the nano. ( I know it doesn't) just spent $200 fixing and upgrading it. When the sun comes up it's game on!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrichards28 View Post
Added +/- 2° pitch, iphone guestimate is about 13°-14° pos and negative........
pitch pumps just got real....... I thought this thing was moving a little slow, now pitch pumps like a mild brushless nano. Awesome. Just hope it crashes like the nano. ( I know it doesn't) just spent $200 fixing and upgrading it. When the sun comes up it's game on!
That is why I practice with my 130x for 3D. The 300x just does laps
BrokeBuyingHelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having hell adjusting the ar7200bx after all the upgrading. Very little support for this unit.

Had an entire day spent at the field adjusting, tweaking, setting up. And it never got off the ground. Wth?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdExtraZ View Post
Having hell adjusting the ar7200bx after all the upgrading. Very little support for this unit.

Had an entire day spent at the field adjusting, tweaking, setting up. And it never got off the ground. Wth?
That is what I have found. Try the standard BeastX manual. And there are quite a few videos on line on how to setup and adjust them.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New 300X

Hi all this thread is great! Just picked up my 300x on Friday I have 4 flights on her and so far she handles great! Grounded today due to weather so I bought some spare parts today online. hopefully back in the air this week if it warms up.
Ed_P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are some pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0351.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	395547   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0355.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	395548   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0354.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	395549   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0353.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	395550  
Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgraves View Post
That is what I have found. Try the standard BeastX manual. And there are quite a few videos on line on how to setup and adjust them.
Thanks... There is a help video for amainhobbies; I went through the 3 set series. everything is acting as it should on the bench. But no lift off and the heli struggles and fights itself at around 50%, 60% 75%... 80% sounds like its about to come apart. ? ? ?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

From experience I would not have put all of the upgrades on at once and then tried it. One at a time and make sure it still works. But been-there, done-that more than a few times.

Does it get like that without the blades on it as you spool it up?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgraves View Post
From experience I would not have put all of the upgrades on at once and then tried it. One at a time and make sure it still works. But been-there, done-that more than a few times.

Does it get like that without the blades on it as you spool it up?
What it sounds like is that I am negative pitch at 75%. Yet on the bench, all positions corresponds with stick movement and positioning.

I set everything up with the motor unplugged (which I typically do with electric helis), check all ranges. 90/90/90/0 rule. Went through cyclic ranges. Positive 12/ negative 12 for high and low stick. Then nothing. Just an angry bird on the ground with no lift.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in