Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ideal thr %

Hello, I dont look at my logs so wondering if someone can tell me what thr % should i be at when flying hard to allow perfect governing etc? I am wondering if 75% is too low? I know above 80% its not holding that well at end of lipo
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Which ESC and motor combo? What heli and gearing?
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Ideal thr %

Kosmik. Different helis and motors
Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Ideal thr %

is going to differ with each setup and flight style.
Pack's, motors, blades and flying style are all going to make a huge difference.

Best start with 80% as K recommends then view logs and adjust gearing or % from there. Best part about having integrated logging is having hard numbers to work with, takes away the guessing and get's you optimum setup quick.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post up some log files and we can tell whether the gearing/% is working for you or not.
On my trex I am using 70% as UI2 2250rpm.
Stock gearing for that HS was no good on kosmik, so I had to change to the 800 gearing, which made the % a lot lower and gave me the headroom I needed.
Now flying the pants off it, it hits 100% PWM only a couple of times at the end of some flights.
Other flights where I fly more gently it goes no where near 100%, but the HS is rock solid for all cases, the kosmik is having to do a little more work freewheeling, but really it doesn't seem to hurt it.
IMHO too much headroom is better than not enough in terms of performance.
Sure it might not be as efficient, but really performance is what matters more to me.
I would rather have an unboggable heli over something that is slightly more efficient and give 20secs more flight time.
On Saturday I got a 9:15sec flight on the E820, doing low HS sport flying, but still throwing in some gentle tic tocs etc.
Next flight I got 3:55, high headspeed thrashing, I love cap limit lets me fly however I want for the right amount of time.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Short answer 75% is not too low, sounds about perfect from a non logged point of view
Old 08-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ideal thr %

Oh good well ill be at 72 and 77% where i fly most.

New motor will be here tommorow
Old 08-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2300 at 88% on my gob 700 14s on 4530, I find that throttle % needed varies with heli and motor combos, the 770 needs more overhead, as does smaller motors, the 4530 14s on 700 is a beast, and thus doesnt require as much overhead, less overhead = more efficient = more flight time, also less killing the drivetrainas it doesnt have the massive overhead.

I do fly a lot at 1850 and 1900 as well, and 2100, which is of course lower throttle, and higher overhead.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ideal thr %

I found anything above 85% on kosmik quite noticeable bogging
Old 08-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
I found anything above 85% on kosmik quite noticeable bogging
remember it can still move timeing up for power, but 4530-500 on 14s 4400 65c gens, its just minimal bogging with 12-13% overhead left at IU2, heli is so overpowerd.. .)
Old 08-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Andersn watch your logs, if you hit 100% pwm in flight more than once ot twice you need to lower percentage, no motor in the world can hold rpm if not enough headroom, depends how you fly off course, let us know what your log tells you
Old 08-28-2013, 03:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
Andersn watch your logs, if you hit 100% pwm in flight more than once ot twice you need to lower percentage, no motor in the world can hold rpm if not enough headroom, depends how you fly off course, let us know what your log tells you
Im aware of the the limitations and how to read log, and when flown hard, it gets to 100%, but only on "idiot" flying like drag race launches, or when pushing the 14 degreees of pitch then going the other way, I have all the pinions in spare, so it would take me only a few minutes to swap, but as it turns out, works surprisingly great as is, but it is afterall a powerfull 800 setup, in a 700 bird. The less gov overhead also saves the drivetrain some, Ive allready killed a few OWB, belt, and main gear

Ill see if I can post a video/log together
Old 08-28-2013, 03:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well fitted 500KV motor today, thr % is really ideal IMHO.

Will test fly tommorow i hope
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersn View Post
Im aware of the the limitations and how to read log, and when flown hard, it gets to 100%, but only on "idiot" flying like drag race launches, or when pushing the 14 degreees of pitch then going the other way, I have all the pinions in spare, so it would take me only a few minutes to swap, but as it turns out, works surprisingly great as is, but it is afterall a powerfull 800 setup, in a 700 bird. The less gov overhead also saves the drivetrain some, Ive allready killed a few OWB, belt, and main gear

Ill see if I can post a video/log together
You heed a raptor e720 then you can give it all youve got!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in