Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Lynx Heli Innovations

Lynx Heli Innovations Lynx Heli Innovations - Heli Upgrades - Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Who want a dfc head and metal tail??

New pinion designs https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=517354 to allow a 14 tooth that doesn't split.

Or a OWB main pulley and set screw pinions.

The rest of the heli is perfect, but taller gearing would be nice for the 2520 scorpion motor. Its nice on a 13 tooth, crazy on a 15 tooth, 14 would be just right.

Thrusted tail grips would be fine, so long as they keep the same centripetal force as the stock ones.
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
New pinion designs https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=517354 to allow a 14 tooth that doesn't split.

Or a OWB main pulley and set screw pinions.

The rest of the heli is perfect, but taller gearing would be nice for the 2520 scorpion motor. Its nice on a 13 tooth, crazy on a 15 tooth, 14 would be just right.
13/14T pinion would also be benificial for low(er) HS flyers avoiding switching losses in the esc. Really like the above solution!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would not object to some metal main grips and a full metal tail as long as it makes an improvement! The mini stretched on 6s with a scorp 2520 can certainly carry the weight. I am not sold on the DFC though. I would purchase cnc main grips for the low fbl center hub however. Hey! functional bling is ok with me and it will get the mini up to date. I still think this heli on 6s stretched is the best 450 there is period!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just don't see how metal main grips could be considered "functional bling" when they will weigh more, cost more, and bend instead of breaking in a crash.

And I totally agree about it being the best. I've been shopping and looking at the 450L Dominator and Gaui X3. Then I fly my Mini P again and say "Chris, you're an idiot for even thinking about getting rid of this!"
Old 11-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dremel View Post
But the plastic fork can and must be adjusted to the pitch slider via heating/bending as per manual. Would be hard to do that with a metal fork. Of course if everything is fitting perfectly one would not have to do that, but somehow I doubt it will. In other words I think the bending is not only needed to account for tolerances in the fork itself, but also for small variances in the tail setup as a whole.
Yup, that much is true to the letter. The precision control would require a CNC tail housing and then we're talking about different amount of money. I don't think it can be pulled off with the stock moulded tail section.
RCHN#233 | Lynx Heli Innovations Team
Goblin 700
Carbon |
Protos Max | Goblin 570
baui2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH-Direct View Post
Turnbuckles all around and dedicated canopy mounts would be great....
These would be best options to have first. DFC, no thanks, possible cnc main blade grips? typically I prefer the sacraficial plastic, they save the heli in a good inverted crash
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love everything about the current design except the gearing. I'm all in on a 13t pinion. The thrust bearing tail would be nice but would add weight and I like keeping the mini-p as light as possible. Any upgrades that would cut weight would intrigue me but that may be hard to do. This company http://www.wurzer-heli.at/html/proto...m_english.html makes light weight upgrades for the 500. I would buy similar upgrades for the mini-p if they had them.

The selling points that separate the mini-p from the rest of the field are the low weight, simple design, and quiet sound. I wouldn't do anything that would sacrifice those.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpod View Post
I love everything about the current design except the gearing
That's a good point if someone were to make a larger main gear then we could use the larger pinions and keep the same overall HS, but with less chance of pinions splitting, and the low HS guys would be happy.

Not so much bigger as to look strange or need a longer belt - I wonder if it would work ????
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
That's a good point if someone were to make a larger main gear then we could use the larger pinions and keep the same overall HS, but with less chance of pinions splitting, and the low HS guys would be happy.

Not so much bigger as to look strange or need a longer belt - I wonder if it would work ????

That is a good idea... maybe just 10 or so more teeth, and we could go up a couple on the motor pinion,
Old 11-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Oh Oh..

Its been so long since I built one but I just remembered. The Motor support on MiniP kind of blows. Pinion Y support should AT LEAST use a bearing you can buy from a standard source.

Mini Prôtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Who want a dfc head and metal tail??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAddict View Post
Its been so long since I built one but I just remembered. The Motor support on MiniP kind of blows. Pinion Y support should AT LEAST use a bearing you can buy from a standard source.
Ha! That would be nice. I wonder though, what the lifespan would be on a 3x6x2.5mm bearing compared to the 6.5mm diameter that is in there stock. May be a reason...
Old 11-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Metal head no... Tail.. Yes for sure.. More so the bell crank leaver, u may call it the pitch slider arm as the plastic one bend under load and stall the tail blades if you fly the tail hard on carbon tail blades... So I have to use plastics and get the odd tail blow out..

Please please please make a metal pitch slider arm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ininverno View Post
Dear Mini Protos folks.. Lynx need your opinion..

Lynx lately design some extra MP and P500 upgrade. Ultra Dampeners V2 and Tail bell crank will in sale next week..
Now we are thinking about new upgrades.. and we need your opinion...
What do you think about:
1- CNC Main Grip 100% compatible with the std plastic and give the dfc option configuration for who like fly high head speed...

2- Tail case and tail hub cnc metal...

Let us know your opinion please..
You can comment here or contact us by mail at service@lynxheli.com...

PS.. same for P500...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Shtumpa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stronger motor pinions and thicker main frame panels, please!
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Main Frames.

You can get thicker frames already from Fusano.

Mini Prôtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I smak the living crap out of my Minip 6S and have done for quite some time. I have put through litterally thousands of flights.. The ONLY thing that lets the heli down are 1) Tail leaver. It flexes badly under load - secondly the blade grips. Dont get me wrong, they save servos because if the heli crashes the blade grip leaver arms flex, preventing damage to teh servos. I would LOVE metal upgrades for this beast of a 450. Also the Y Bearing holder.....That should be aluminum as well. But seriously there isn not much wrong with this heli at all.
General38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 04:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update on the above report re-flexing pitch slide lever. I just re-enforced the tail using JB weld and carbon offcuts to stiffen the lever. The result? It felt like a new helicopter! The tail was LOCKED and DID NOT BLOW OUT even while flying fast tail down funnels in both directions in strong wind!. I could never preform this maneuver before without seriously compensating for tail blow out! Please if anyone knows of a metal tail pitch slider arm that fits the Mini-Protos, please let me know because once you do this modification you will NEVER fly a stock tail lever again, its that good i promise! I just wish that somebody would build a metal tail pitch slider arm because I know just about every high performance mini-protos pilots would buy one in a heart beat!
General38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 04:24 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am so glad about all your opinion. We open few project task for protos 500 and miniprotos. We will focus on the tail first. Tail case.. bellcrank... and tail grip hub thrusted.. tail shaft in special hard steel..
Let see what we can get soon. Once the tail will be definite.. we will start with the head. I love the protos heli and I am really exhited that soon I can fly mine with lynx upgrade!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by General38 View Post
Update on the above report re-flexing pitch slide lever. I just re-enforced the tail using JB weld and carbon offcuts to stiffen the lever. The result? It felt like a new helicopter! The tail was LOCKED and DID NOT BLOW OUT even while flying fast tail down funnels in both directions in strong wind!. I could never preform this maneuver before without seriously compensating for tail blow out! Please if anyone knows of a metal tail pitch slider arm that fits the Mini-Protos, please let me know because once you do this modification you will NEVER fly a stock tail lever again, its that good i promise! I just wish that somebody would build a metal tail pitch slider arm because I know just about every high performance mini-protos pilots would buy one in a heart beat!
I have just bought one of these to see if it will fit (if not I'll use it on my 450 Pro)

http://gogo-rc.com/store/index.php?r...product_id=533

I'll report back once it arrives
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Ha! That would be nice. I wonder though, what the lifespan would be on a 3x6x2.5mm bearing compared to the 6.5mm diameter that is in there stock. May be a reason...
You could make a y support to take whatever bearing size you wanted, like 3 x 8 x 3, then you can buy a quality Japanese bearing from your miniature bearing supplier and that one will last a very long time.
I've thought of getting this made before but never got around to it.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I reamed the Y-support a little and crammed a 3x7x3 bearing in there. its not pretty but works. A CNC support with larger bearing would be a nice upgrade indeed.
sp00fman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in