Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

pardon my ignorance folks, but why can't i just widen that hole in the bottom plate?
It seems that the two carbon side plates are fixed to a little aluminum bar, which should give the structural stability. Would a bigger hole in the "basement" really screw up the stability of the entire frame so much?
Thanks for your patience with me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 02:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
Luca is a business man. He knows he can either sell a bunch of $15-20 frame upgrades or a few $85 frames. It's the reason he's still selling the Lynx 300X Frame Brace alongside the Lynx Ultra CF 300X frame. Luca will make what he knows people will buy, and people will buy a skid mount/tray upgrade if indeed the motor options on the CFX are limited.
honestly, you can pick up a 300x airframe with stock electronics for around $100 and stick in a $22 cf frame stiffener and it would fly no problem instead of shelling out $400. For $400, I don't really expect to pay extra to fix things. Even so, a stock 300x can be had for around $250 or so. Add a cf frame from Lynx or even MH, you are still under $400. Personally, I don't think I'm missing out on the servo configuration on the 300cfx.

You may be right that Luca may do something if there is enough requests but funny how Blade releases something to "fix" the plastic frame flexing but needs fixing itself
Old 03-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman67 View Post
pardon my ignorance folks, but why can't i just widen that hole in the bottom plate?
It seems that the two carbon side plates are fixed to a little aluminum bar, which should give the structural stability. Would a bigger hole in the "basement" really screw up the stability of the entire frame so much?
Thanks for your patience with me!
I think you actually can and the bigger motor will stick out on the bottom. I can't really see it very clearly but I wonder if the width inside the frame would accommodate bigger motors as well. I know for sure with bigger motors like a scorpion 2213-14/hyperion 2213 even fit, you would have to elongate the motor mount holes on the cf frame so that you can adjust the motor to accommodate the bigger pinion as well.

In other words, lots of work if you plan to install aftermarket motors which I think most of people would want to do.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nartac View Post
honestly, you can pick up a 300x airframe with stock electronics for around $100 and stick in a $22 cf frame stiffener and it would fly no problem instead of shelling out $400. For $400, I don't really expect to pay extra to fix things. Even so, a stock 300x can be had for around $250 or so. Add a cf frame from Lynx or even MH, you are still under $400. Personally, I don't think I'm missing out on the servo configuration on the 300cfx.

You may be right that Luca may do something if there is enough requests but funny how Blade releases something to "fix" the plastic frame flexing but needs fixing itself
I'm not implying I would buy a CFX. I've got three 300Xs, two of them are running full Lynx frames and all, and the other one is a stock frame w/ brace; I have no reason whatsoever at this time to buy a CFX. At this time, I'd only entertain the notion of owning a CFX if Horizon Hobby donated one for a worthy crash... Erm, I mean "cause."

I was just stating that for people that end up buying a CFX and then want to upgrade their motor, I can see them buying a little hop-up tray if one was available and if the motor options are indeed limited. Then of course there are those who may just open up a slot in the bottom tray themselves, as Familyman67 has implied.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
Then of course there are those who may just open up a slot in the bottom tray themselves, as Familyman67 has implied.
That's actually my plan - thanks for your replies folks.

and I do think, that a slighly wider Motor should fit inside. The width of the scorpion I have on my mind is just a little larger than that of the stock, and judging from the photo posted by Chris, there should be enough idle width to allow for that.

and I think elongating the motor mount slots to allow for a bigger pinion should not be such a big thing either. looking at the drawing at least there seems to be enough "meat" in the carbon side plate to support this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	496983  
Old 03-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

6 more flights in today and a photoshoot. To bad it never got warmer than 20 degrees... Die Hard
Here are a few sneak peek shots. All pictures and review will be posted once the RCHP review is published.

Brrrrr... I'm no dummy I retreated back to my warm car between flights!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... Not! It's spring darn it

That's a sexy looking mini 3D machine!

The CFX checking itself out in a puddle

Hands free hover

Tic toc time!

Chris Reibert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #47 (permalink)
HF Support

They're all great quality shots, but that one with the reflection in the puddle is genius. Kudos.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #48 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
They're all great quality shots, but that one with the reflection in the puddle is genius. Kudos.
Werd.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the one with it looking at itself in the puddle, as well! It's checking to see if the horizontal tail fin makes its butt look big.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys!
I was using what Mother Nature gave me to my advantage!

Old 03-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

The second photo of those last 3 you posted is the best reflection one (even better than the one you posted before that), because the rotor disk isn't square with the tail boom, the reflection is complete, and you can see the ripples in the water from the blade wash. So if your magazine review has lots of pics in it and you want a water reflection one, I recommend you use the second one from your last post.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like a little kid looking into a puddle for the first time lol.
I wish the photographer got the pic I was hoping for but she was to far away. I was hovering about an inch off the snow and the negative rotor wash was pulling the snow up through the blades and snow was flyin everywhere. It was sick! Didn't come out in the pics though
Old 03-24-2014, 04:06 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chris, very nice pictures - again! thanks for sharing.

btw. we've also had 20 degrees over here in Germany on the weekend (but in centigrade, so thats in the upper 60s on the Farenheit scale )

If I may ask one more time: how will I be able to read your review on RC Helicopter Pilot Magazine - I have not heard of that on this side of the pond.
If it is available online - can you post a link, so that I can subscribe?
Old 03-24-2014, 05:07 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought it was an only USA magazine then I relized it was also Cananda and international.
Here is the link if you wanted to subscribe. I will try to post a mini review on here once the article is published. https://www.cambeywest.com/subscribe/?p=rch&form=paid
Old 03-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WOW!!... the Freaking heli is not even out yet, and people are hacking it to pieces!....
Old 03-26-2014, 08:27 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't exactly have to be Miss Cleo to know how this thing is going to fly. I suppose that is unless you are expecting the servo layout and bold new graphics to set the world on fire?
Old 03-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #57 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Mustangs View Post
You don't exactly have to be Miss Cleo to know how this thing is going to fly. I suppose that is unless you are expecting the servo layout and bold new graphics to set the world on fire?
"Call meh now", and I'll tell you its a joke of an "upgrade".
Old 03-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

The CFX300 is good because at least the parts support carries on and maybe we will like the frame. Probably dreaming here, but what would be cool would be an "ultra lite" CF frame with very affordable replace-able components sold per the piece needed, and just rigid enough to be a genuine improvement over the old plastic frame.
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
"Call meh now", and I'll tell you its a joke of an "upgrade".
At least it's looking more like a "real" heli
Old 03-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Assuming we all have 300x and have dialed them in - then why buy this? $400 will get you several 450 size helis. Don't really understand HH price point on this one. We've had three years to fix what they sold us the first time.
Metroart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in