Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Night Flying

Night Flying Night Flying Helis Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default where can i get diy night blade kit

hi freaks i have read a few bad reports about perfect regulators and people have been scammed. i dont kno if i can trust purchase or not. anybody have any recent dealings with them or kno of any other sources of a kit like theres with leds already on the strips

cheers
compass 7hv ult spirit pro, compass 7hv ult spirit pro, trex 550 spirit, gaui x3 spirit, mcpx bl, fms p51, mustang peter lynn twister 5.6, neXt sim, heli x sim, accurc sim, dx9 tm1000, powerlab 6x2, coolice 2500watt psu,
Djhandz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have ordered from PerfectRegulators.com. Prompt shipping and great support. I would not hesitate to order from them again.
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I also have the micro kit from Perfect Regulators. They came as ordered and have worked great. I'll probably get a second set when it warms up.

George
gstoneberg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got some Black Friday deals from them also, little delayed from lack of stock but prompt communication and then shipped

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2014, 02:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I bought a set from pr shipped same day with tracking info and communication is very speedy thanks for the reassurance guys cant wait to get them installed
compass 7hv ult spirit pro, compass 7hv ult spirit pro, trex 550 spirit, gaui x3 spirit, mcpx bl, fms p51, mustang peter lynn twister 5.6, neXt sim, heli x sim, accurc sim, dx9 tm1000, powerlab 6x2, coolice 2500watt psu,
Old 01-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Recieved my blade kit from perfect regulators and I must say I am very impressed. Easy to install nice and bright. I would recommend for someone looking for a cheap set of night blades
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140122-WA0000.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	481251  
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't exactly call them cheap. Do it yourself is a cheaper route. But, the kits are definitely a quick, no hassle, way to get you night flying.

I chose the perfectregulators kit because it was easy. I doubt I'd have a night flight heli if it wasn't for the kit.
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityJunkie View Post
I wouldn't exactly call them cheap
Yes your right not exactly but a cheap way of getting blades compared. ..would be better if you could just buy the stips with leds pre installed anybody know of a source ??
Old 01-26-2014, 05:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djhandz View Post
Yes your right not exactly but a cheap way of getting blades compared. ..would be better if you could just buy the stips with leds pre installed anybody know of a source ??
There are some blades with the leds integrated in the blades, that are slightly better aerodynamically than the DIY ones, these for example : http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...tnm=CN263266CL
They usually have less LED's than the DIY though, especially on the smaller blades.
Aryemis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that getting all the supplies like copper tape, leds and resistors is the best way to go.

I spent around 18$ for 50 leds of blue red green purple , copper tape and 100's of resistors, i never thought at first i would need them all but then i crashed. And crashed again.

I would be kicking myself if i just bought expensive edge night blades, the perfect regulators kit is nice though. I think it is a bit over priced for what it is.
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you buy all the components you can make MANY sets.
Copper tape $10
Batteries $5-10
Many LEDs and resistors $20
Switches & hardware $10-20
The most expensive thing for me was the clear coat $75 per gallon. Since I'm using nitro I bought the good stuff. If it's electric you could use a rattle can. $5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in