Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't like the look of the Goblin when I first became interested in it but now I would change anything about it. Give it some time to grow on you. I want the 450 to look like the big Goblin and if it does I probably will not be able to help myself..
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dentman View Post
If you think goblin looks like a tadpole then I'm sure you don't like any of there models.. if thats true then don't worry about commenting on design because that's there staple and a sab 450 will have it. I don't own a 450 size heli never have. But I'd be hard pressed not to buy one just because of how awesome the other models are. Looks are just small piece of why I'm a fan of sab. Can't wait to see what there 2nd season of building helis brings. Let alone 5 years from now . LOOK OUT!!!

New England Heli Crew
+1...

-Shane
ShaneXman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

love my warp 360, no probs here! also have a goblin 500 on order and have a 700 and love it as well
brianr058 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliSmith View Post
I didn't like the look of the Goblin when I first became interested in it but now I would change anything about it. Give it some time to grow on you. I want the 450 to look like the big Goblin and if it does I probably will not be able to help myself..
It's not the looks I have my heart set on for the 450 size, it's the engineering and craftsmanship that SAB has built its reputation on. I'm hoping they carry over or improve upon the design they've implemented in the rest of their lineup...like they did with their most recent 500 development. I think most people were pleasantly surprised and appreciative of the entire 500 package. Nothing was compromised.

-Shane
ShaneXman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure it is in the pipe line and Sure you will love it even more than the Goblin 500. Very new innovation ideas that are on the drawings and sure you will love it.
SAB GOBLIN USA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB GOBLIN USA View Post
Sure it is in the pipe line and Sure you will love it even more than the Goblin 500. Very new innovation ideas that are on the drawings and sure you will love it.
Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!YesYes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes! Cannot wait for more SAB heli's!!!
Merse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
That's what I was hoping to hear!!!
ScotY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Man gonna be an exciting year!

gonna need more credit cards..

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

So the big question is how fast does SAB work? How long did the 500 take to come to market???
Old 01-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotY View Post
So the big question is how fast does SAB work? How long did the 500 take to come to market???
6 months I think... When was 3d masters? they had the first public flights there... And a week or so before that they had the secret videos...
HeliDoc25 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Goblin 450 rumor

If the price levels continue on down the line like they have been then that 450 will come in right around four hundred bucks. I'd be all over that. Especially if it comes with all the ingenuity and innovation that the present Goblins have. Wow, what a treat. Looks like SAB is about to become THE industry leader. Ok, now how am I gonna sell this to my wife?
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDoc25 View Post
6 months I think... When was 3d masters? they had the first public flights there... And a week or so before that they had the secret videos...
Sounds like a year or so until I can buy one?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man they will have released (for sale) 4 different heli's in just over 12 Months, that is very fast development.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDoc25 View Post
Naw it was much longer than that. it had been on the design phase well before that.
The 450 is still in design phase doubt there is even a prototype yet.

Remember Stefano also said they want a 550 in that same podcast. So I'd bet being it would be an easier deal to get it out first than an entirely new airframe as I'm sure it is most likely based on the 500.

again all speculation but makes sense.
I am sure we will see at least a prototype this year at the speed SAB moves.
And I'm sure they have some stuff planned that we have no clue as well.

Gonna be fun watching SAB bring out these exciting helis in all sizes!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd prefer to see a 360 class, aka 450 swinging 360mm blades with a longer tail boom. That little bit of extra blade area and boom length doesn't raise cost much and gives you a heli that has slightly nicer flight characteristics than a 450 swinging 325mm blades in my opinion.
In some ways I hope we don't see a 550 as the 500 sort of fills that niche. I can't imagine that there would be a big enough difference between a 550 when compared to a 630 or 500. But if anyone can do something like this well, I'm sure SAB will.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post
I'd prefer to see a 360 class, aka 450 swinging 360mm blades with a longer tail boom. That little bit of extra blade area and boom length doesn't raise cost much and gives you a heli that has slightly nicer flight characteristics than a 450 swinging 325mm blades in my opinion.
In some ways I hope we don't see a 550 as the 500 sort of fills that niche. I can't imagine that there would be a big enough difference between a 550 when compared to a 630 or 500. But if anyone can do something like this well, I'm sure SAB will.
I'm hoping for a large 450 as well and agree it makes all the difference in the world.
I loved the Rave450 4S 350 setups such an amazing little aircraft.
So I hope they can make a small Goblin large like that but without the gear stripping issues the Rave suffered from.

But I do think a 550 done right (570ish blades full size cyclics) would be different enough than the 500 to be interesting.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeveeSiN View Post
I'm hoping for a large 450 as well and agree it makes all the difference in the world.
I loved the Rave450 4S 350 setups such an amazing little aircraft.
So I hope they can make a small Goblin large like that but without the gear stripping issues the Rave suffered from.

But I do think a 550 done right (570ish blades full size cyclics) would be different enough than the 500 to be interesting.
I had an Outrage G5 running 360 blades and could tell the difference between it and a 450 for sure. The other nice thing about it on 6S is that you could beat the crap out of it with 1300mah batteries and get 6 minutes of flight time, or roughly 8-9 minutes of just cruising. It was a great practice or beater bird for the parts cost as well.

Good point on the 570 possibility. I like where you are going with that one. It also separates the sizes a bit more than a standard 550 size design. :-)
Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agree with the 3 posts above...360 blades sounds just about perfect.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Goblin 450 rumor

Well....any more word on the 450?
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL-Cool-T View Post
Well....any more word on the 450?
Yeah, come on SAB, throw us a bone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in