Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2004, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-Rex Align motor

BimmerM3, how is the Align motor holding up? Do you use the Align ESC or CC25?
Laddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2004, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the CC25 and really like it. I got the USB cord and PC interface this weekend. It's very cool! You can do all the programming (and even update the ESC software). It made it very easy to play with the timing and voltage cutoff. Definitely worth the 25 bucks!

So far, I am liking the Align motor. It's not a powerhouse, but it pulls the T-Rex along pretty well. We were doing tic-tocs with it this weekend! It climbs about like a Raptor with a TT36. Not overpowered, but adequate.

I'm using the 13T pinion right now, but will probably try the 15T as well. A friend of mine also has a T-Rex with the same setup as mine. He tried an 11T in his and the motor got really hot. In fact, the ends are press-fit into the casing and got so hot that it separated. It just snaps back together, but it caused a pucker moment! I would suggest that if you use the Align motor that you wick some green locktite into the seams on the motor as a precaution.
rob_jones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2004, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I will order the motor today. Just cant decide to go with the Algin 25 ESC or CC25. I know with the CC 25 you cant run the Gov. mode but at lease with the CC 25 it works with alot of motors.
I am going to order the Poly-Quest 1800mAh SLIM 12C-16C battery to use.
Thanks for the help. after flying X-Cells and raptors, electrics are a new deal. I had an Eolo for a sort time and never really liked it.
Laddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2004, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, the CC25 is worth the extra money (in my opinion). Also, the new version of the software fixes the governor problem. I am going to try it with mine, but haven't had a chance yet.

I've gone through a lot of electrics trying to find a decent one. Each has been better than the one before, but still not very good. The T-Rex might finally be a winner. For the first time I had fun flying an electric! I'm normally too tense just waiting for something to break or go wrong. But I was able to actually relax and have some fun for once!
Old 11-25-2004, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ran the High Gov setting on mine today and as long as you keep the throttle curve up it works well. If you get below 70% it will slow down and lag big time getting back up.

CC25 and the USB program cable are well worth the money for these little electrics.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm going to try the governor setting on mine next time I fly. How do you take off and land? Does it spool up to the goveronered speed as soon as you throttle up or does it not "hold" until it reaches a certain speed? IOW: How does it behave in governor mode?
Old 11-26-2004, 09:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

b-p-p.com sells the CC25 and PHX Link for 79.95. Pretty good deal on them.

Mike...
Old 11-26-2004, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
How do you take off and land? Does it spool up to the governed speed as soon as you throttle up or does it not "hold" until it reaches a certain speed?
Rob, I've got it on the softest start and it comes up to about 30% then just hangs for about 5 sec then it steadily spools on up to the governed high speed. Scared me at first. I was hovering around in normal and I had my quarter stick throttle setting at 40% in the curve and as I was doing vertical clime out and descents it came off the governor. I got a good bounce out of that one!
Now my curves are all up but the low stick position.
Going to try more settings today weather permitting.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still expirimenting with the settings for mine. I tried changing the timing from "High" to "Standard" and the power was way down. It was still flyable, but would barely climb. I also tried the throttle type on "Fixed" with a normal throttle curve in NORMAL mode, 95% straight across in IDLE1 and 100% straight across in IDLE2. It performed the best in IDLE2, but not still not as good as with the "High" timing. So next I'm going to try "High" timing with the same throttle setup and see what happens. I still haven't tried the governor mode yet.

By the way, I am really enjoying this little copter. I only got to fly it a couple times this weekend, but I'm already very comfortable with it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in