Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Still Flying The MSR

Maybe 65 years old, but I still fly my MSR.

BLADEMSR 1A (2 min 39 sec)

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anytime I see someone flying one of these critters, I am both impressed and envious!

Hit 56 the other week and in 5 years haven't been able to make my mSR play nice. No patience for the set up combined with an obvious case of "clueless".

Looks good!
TheDHndrsn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I can rank up there with the old farts to im 51 and have 2 msr's Got a dx6i awhile back with the 450x. Now have all my blade stuff set up to dx6i They all fly beautiful now. I have put time in these little msr's adjusting links and course you have to find that happy place for the links finally cause there is only so much you can do. I have them adjusted pretty darn good and can zip them around pretty fast in the living room now. The wife and kids and animals love it lol. But you guys are right I love these little things when I just want to relax and fly I fly these things all winter every night. They are fun. I think I will always have them around. I have rebuilt both of them like brand new. New main board on one that I found a good price on ebay. brand new main motors tail booms and motors flybars main frames. Now that I don't crash I feel good about rebuilding them lol.
sooners is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice. Great little birds, aren't they?. No idea why they discontinued them. Gave mine to my oldest grandson. He outgrew the mCX. (the youngest flies it now) Anyway....he crashed it and I repaired it last weekend. Had to fly it around for a couple of batteries to make sure it was ok. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Lol.

Picked up an mSR X in a package deal from another member. That'll be my indoor winter project this year. That and a Nano QX. What can I say? I'm a big kid. Lol.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey spinray have you flown the nano qx or have one. If not you will love it it flys awesome in the house very responsive just a blast. You can get it zipping around mighty quick.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I just got a Nano QX. Love the thing.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like my Msr in fact I have two, its much better than its successor the MsrX which several guys round here struggle with. Then I got my hands on a NanoQx !! It blows the Msr away. Going back to my older Msr after flying th Nqx was a shock, the Msr felt woolly and was no where near as precise. So thinking it was that my old model, was somewhat worn I tried the new Msr no different.

I guess I've been spoiled by the Nqx.

Terry
rigdent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a hard time getting my MSR to fly. I ended up buying a complete body including the swash, shaft ect. That helped a lot.
I can keep it in the air most of the time. I dread a big crash and having to start all over!
+1 on the Nano qx. It is fun and fairly rugged. ( still on original, no motor or prop replacement)
Don
dontrinko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya im with you guys love the qx. I got the dx6i with my 450x this summer. Now flying the msr's with it. It is like night and day though never thought they would fly that nice and smooth. Done some adjusting to the links and I cant believe how fast I can fly them and maneuver them now. Man with the stock tx you never knew where they might go lol.They still don't respond like the nqx but they are sure fun now.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I purchased a mCX, CX2 and mSR last week and looking forward to trying them out.

I also bought a DX6i and a nice battery charger (Hitec X4-80) to get me going.
R/C Madman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2014, 11:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Madman View Post
I purchased a mCX, CX2 and mSR last week and looking forward to trying them out.

I also bought a DX6i and a nice battery charger (Hitec X4-80) to get me going.

good luck R/Cmadman you will love flying them with the dx6i totally different than stock tx.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered some spare parts to revive the old bird... I really like low headspeed-Fixed Pitch for indoor flight. Good fun for the winter!

Chief
BHChieftain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Two weeks ago while cleaning up in the basement I came upon the Blade msr box. Dusted it off, opened it up and took the little heli out. Charged up the batteries and took her up for a flight (only one pack still worked well). I had a great time cruising around! I've decided I'm officially back into the heli game again.

About 6 years ago I gave up on the hobby. Went through a Honey Bee FP, Blade 400 and Trex 500. I moved way to quickly, not training enough and ended up frustrated. The only thing I kept was Realflight 4.0 and I dusted that off the other day as well.

I've decided this time I will follow the training guide on Helifreak and start out again the right way. I'm sticking to the sim and the msr until I am able to hold an inverted hover for one minute. Then I will reward myself with a new heli.

This hobby is very, very challenging and requires a high level of discipline and commitment. I'm determined to do things the right way this time! Wish me luck.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It is very expensive, too! I got a DX6 for Christmas.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I took mine apart to upgrade it to BL. But I ended up choosing a bad motor for the task. I put a lot of time and a few bucks into it and ended up moving on when it did not work out. I really should just revisit the Idea and use a different motor and do the bird some justice. It was a nice little bugger to zip around the house.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2015, 02:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't see the point in going BL , at these small sizes there is little or no improvement in efficiency and as my original motors have over 42 flying hours on then and they are stiil going strong, lifetime doesn't seem to be an issue either. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Terry
rigdent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, flying mSR now. I got it used, shortly after jumping on a NanoCPX. CP was a bit much for me. Ended up rebuilding the bird from the ground up. Been cheaper to buy new, but no longer available. Haven't flown it a lot, but the main motor just went belly up on the CPX. The mSR is slow and smooth after the CPX. Glad I've got it now! Motor will be cool enough for the nex bat by the time the furnace cycles off again. Time to fly!
cdaivs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flying my MSR is like re-visiting the car I had in High School! Its the one that started it all.
I have one that I fly and one that is still NIB. Someday I will break out that one too.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile MSR

I still love to fly my MSR. I"ve had it for a few years now,and it's a very cool little heli. It really moves outside but is really great for winter indoor cruising. I was in the basement 2 nights ago and put it into the wall while flying some of my usual patterns. The motor(main) connector completely seperated from the board and although I am a competent solderer, I'm putting off the fix. Don"t want to mess it up cause everything is so small and close together. I will do it when I find enough courage.This is the only real problem I have had with this heli in all the time I've had it!!
dumbledoobie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

BLADEMSR 99 (2 min 27 sec)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in