Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 11:14 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I am very curious about the Scorpion 1000kv, so please report back.

I finally found tail blades , mine were wallowing out a little.
MAH www.mahblades.com 72mm with 4mm root and 3mm hole and Carbon Fiber.
K&B's are also available(Protos version is 4mm) but Plastic but very good luck on
my 450's..

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 01:19 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCello View Post
Since Kontroniks are hard to come by at the moment I'm considering a Scorpion 3026-1000, CC Ice 75 and a JR3500 for the tail. Sound OK?
This kind of KV looks far to high to me. You may try the Kora 15-14 if 15-16 don't inspire you. According to Kontronik 15-16 is the only one good to go on 6S. This is because of the max rotation speed they advise. A 15-14 is good to if you avoid to run it at 100%. Let the governor do his job by using 85-90% is the way to go imo. 14T pinion is OK for the 15-14 and 6S for 2800 rpm (you don't need more). Don't forget a Kora is very light. It's very important.

If you want a Kora, order it in germany. Guindeuil modellbau has really good prices (much lower than in the US). Needs one week to have the motors. I ordered 2 15-16 recently ( with Jazz 55 ESC) so i know. Shipping to the USA is 10€ (approx14$) for small package. I asked him recently just for you US people.

If you need any help to contact him or order, i may help. I know him for years.
rotodingo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 06:09 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Roto,
The reason I suggested the Scorpion 3026-1000 is its KV rating of 1000 which matches the Eflght power 25.
I have a Jazz 40 on a 450 and it has been great so I'm interested in your offer of a source in Germany for Kontronik. I can't find a Kora in stock here. I know you suggest the 55 5 18 but the only 55 I can find is the 55 10 32. I actually think I'd rather go with the Jive 80LV since everything I've read lately points to using more ESC head room (if you will) and a higher powered BEC especially with digital servos due to their higher amperage demand over analog servos. Maybe I'm just over engineering since your experience with the Kora/55 has been so positive.
Again, I'd be interested in your Germany resource.
Thanks,
Cliff
GreenCello is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by In_to_the_Mystic_2003 View Post
I finally found tail blades , mine were wallowing out a little.
MAH www.mahblades.com 72mm with 4mm root and 3mm hole and Carbon Fiber.
K&B's are also available(Protos version is 4mm) but Plastic but very good luck on
my 450's..
Ahh.. So they used the same soft material as the Vibe 50 stock blades. Will definitely keep any eye on mine. Good catch and thanks for sourcing replacemnts.

Jeremy
spike5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Anybody know what the pinion mod is for the 500e?
Thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 01:29 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Modulus is 0.8mm As far as i remember inch people call them 0.32 modulus (because .32' *2.54=0.8mm). JR produces 12T 13T 14 T 17T and 18T. For other teeth number you need Quick Japan brass pinions or Novak steel pinions (towerhobbies).

Shop is Guindeuil Modellbau. Kora + Jazz 55-6-18 costs 214.29€ without taxes. Ordering from the US you don't heve to pay the german taxes. Just send an e-mail at modellbau@guindeuil.de

Yes i flew several Leptons and SVE with Jazz 55. The very good point against a Jive is the weight. BEC is OK. All the 500 class helis i equipped with the Jaz 55 were equipped with full digital servos. Jive is heavy and on this heli i recommend to remove as much weight as possible especially in the front section for CG reasons. I think the best combo is Kora (15-14 or 15-16) + Jazz 55-6-18 + TP prolite V2 6S 2600 or 5S 3300. Or any other batt with weight under 400g.

By the way 5S is working powerfull enough. 17T pinion with 15-14.

Last detail: A friend is flying his Vibe 500 with 4S and a Jazz 40. No problem about power of the ESC. So the 55 is strong enough for 5 or 6S.

Hacker X55 is a good choice too, much less expensive.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:10 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shipping to the USA from Guindeuil Modellbau is:

10€ with no tracking or insurance.
35€ by DHL with tracking but no insurance
52€ by DHL with tracking and insurance up to 500€.

I would choose the cheapest one if y were you. Small and light package...
Old 09-16-2009, 05:40 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Roto, You help a lot.
Sounds like Horizon in recommending the Eflight Power 25 1000KV is catering to the high power spectrum of this models capability. In time I think I'll try both set ups to see what's best for me.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

rotodingo,
Excellent Information on the pinions! I am looking for an 11T, looked at Tower but no 11T with .8mm modulus, looked on Quick UK Site, but nothing.
Where did you find the Quick UK ones?

I have the Jive80LV, but you are right, very heavy, the Jazz 55 is probably a better choice and if you do not need a BEC, then perfect.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please read more carefully ;-). I wrote Quick Japan, not Quick UK. You may order them to RC champ in Japan by example. Web site of quick Japan is www.9129.co.jp. On the left, clink on option part and then still on the left on the line that contains "M 0.8". Ref M0812-50 is by example a pinion of .8 modulus with 12T and 5mm bore. They go from 12T to 30T. I don't think that with .8 modulus and 5mm bore you will find something below 12T. Beside the SVE/Vibe 500 motor mount don't allow you to go below 12T. The neu could be used with 5S more easely.

Last edited by rotodingo; 09-18-2009 at 11:01 AM..
Old 09-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just started the build on mine last night. So far, one word, WOW!!!!!!! If this heli flies as well as it was designed. This would be one of my best buys of all time. I think if you were a new b, you could build and setup this heli with the manual alone. It is the BEST manual I have seen!!! Jr put a lot of attention to detail in the manual. The quality and fit of the parts are second to none. I can't believe the ease of assembly of this heli so far.

I will start the head build section tonight. Then setup the electronics and hope to maiden by Sunday. I really can't get over how pleased I am with the quality of this heli. I have been looking for a second heli since I picked up a Logo 500 about a year ago.I have tried ALign, Protos, Atom and didn't care for any of them. I don't think anything will compare to my L500, but this heli might give it a run for it's money. Will see. I know this Mikado can sure learn a lot on how a manual should be drafted up.
kdfi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

KDFI,

Glad you like the build so far. You are right it is an awesome kit to build. AND it flies as well as it looks and builds. Horizon does a great job writing the manuals for all the helis etc.

GOOD LUCK and tell us how it goes once you get it up in the air for the first flight!

Ron Osinski
aka - GMRO
GMRO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree on this. This heli needs no mods at all out of the box. It's the first heli i ever had that is so good. Usually i always do the building following my own way. But with teh SVE/Vibe 500, this is unbeleavable how well things are made. So much small details everywhere to give you a slope free heli.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

are any of u familiar with exera motors i was interested in the 4025-2.5y its a 630 kv motor and or the 2y which is 830kv there both 6 to 8 cell motors
p-80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

rotodingo,

My bad I did not know there was a diffrence between Quick UK and Japan. You are right, unless I mod the motor mount 12T pinion is as small as it gets.

Update on the NHP Tail Blades. They are carbon fiber, non-symetrical(does not seem to matter), but the holes for the bolt are a little large. So I used some brass epoxied
into the hole as an insert that fits perfect on the 3mm bolts.
There has to be tail blades that are 4mm root, 3mm hole, 72mm length, symetrical,
that have brass inserts. Anyone?

Old 09-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default What about...

I checked last night and it looks like a T500 tail hub would fit on the Vibe shaft (both 4mm).

I know, I know, but it would open up tail blade options. Or I'll just keep a supply of mushy JR blades on hand.

Would have to do some rigging to get the links/pitch slider to work out, though. The Vibe tail grips are more like the size of my 450 for whatever reason.

I have not maidened my Vibe yet (going to snow tonight @#$%^&) but will later this week - can't wait!

Jeremy
spike5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys,

Haven't got to maiden mine yet. Hoping for this Sat/Sun. When checking over my electronics I noticed I have the pitch and ail servos switched. Meaning, mine are oppisite of the manual. I have the pitch servo as ail and ail servo is pitch. This shouldn't affect anything, should it? I know it's as easy as swapping the wires to the rx. I just have it all leveled and ready to go, just waiting on a pinion gear. If I switch the wires it might throw off the servo geoometry and I would have to redo it. Which is no biggie I guess.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you are saying that ALL is moving correctly but you have those 2 servos switched per the channels where they connect at the RX? That is yours compared to what the manual shows? No issue at all.

Really all you have to do is make sure you have the SEPARATE servo - one that sits alone in front in the frames - plugged into the ELEVATOR channel. If you don't no matter what you reverse in the TX you will not get the CCPM to work. Past that the other 2 servos - for roll that sit in the rear of the frames – won’t matter what channel they go into when we call out Pitch or Aileron. Just make sure you have the servos going the correct direction for correct flight control in the end.

You may end up with servos set as REV instead of NORM or have Negative numbers in the swash menu instead of Positive ones. Again this is compared to what the manual shows. But in the end it won't matter. Again as long as your swash is moving the correct way for flight input/directions. The TX doesn’t care if you have negative numbers or positive for the servos. But the heli will MIND if the servos are not moving in the correct way for correct flight control of the swash.

GOOD LUCK!

Ron Osinski
aka - GMRO
GMRO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah,

everythings moving correctly. The elev servo is correct too. Just the ail and pit servos are connected to the rx differently from what the manual states. I think it will be fine.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Vibe 500e Servo Direction

There are multiple options which can effect servo direction. The first is standard servo reversing the second is + or - values in the swash plate menu. The third is changing the plug locations of the #2 and #6 servos (pitch and ail). As long as elevator is plugged in correctly and working in the moving in the right direction everything else should be fine. The only area that I can think of that might be effected is subtrims. You may go into your subtrim menu expecting a certain channel to move when in fact another one is moving.

BTW, my 500e will maiden tomorrow. I echo all of the other comments. It's a great kit, worthy of the price and I don't see a need for any upgrades, all of them came with it.

Jim
jmccarthy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in