Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Unfortuantly, Due to some circumstances.. I will be using an Tired OS50 Hyper in this build. But, On the plus side of things, It will allow me to give the heli a good fly without having to run the engine in etc.

So, Let's take a look at what we have in this bag:

We can see the mount system and engine lugs, and the clutch as well as the fan.

Whoah! Just look at this clutch it looks amazing, and the quality is superb, You can see they used a quality bearing aswell.

callum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

Just prepped the engine ready for install:

Here, I have started to install the fan hub onto the engine, This step took a little while since it was a tight fit onto the shaft, as you are meant to just push it down as it's not a threaded hub, However.. a little bit of help from the cooker eased the process

Next stop is the fan, a good quality fan, However, I don't have the appliances to test for balance or dial for that matter,

Here's the fan installed, very simple, Slip over the fan hub and align the screw holes and screw in very simple

Last but not least is the clutch itself, Must say, this is the best looking clutch i've seen. Again the process is very easy, Just slip the cluch on, align the two holes and screw in

Fan Hub, Fan, Clutch Install Complete,

Another view;

Next stop is the mount system!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #23 (permalink)

Time to install the Engine mount system!

Again Everything is simple to follow, and a doddle to install,

Here's a picture of the hardware for the engine mount, As you can see you have the mounting lugs, then the main supporting frame, and a carbon top plate.

Let's get it installed!

First off, I need to install the carbon plate on top of the engine mount using two screw's and two brass collars;

Here you can see it installed:

Next is to fit the two mount lugs,

Now in the manual it state's about the dimple pointing down, This is true for OS Engines, But for YS (I think Novorassi too, Dont hold me to that) You have to mount it up.

Here's the two main lugs installed; notice the dimple towards the bottom.

Next it's time to install the engine into the mount using these 4 screws and washers

Again, A real doddle to do. Here's a few pictures of the engine installed into the mount, and ready for the engine to be installed.

Next stop, Is the Engine Fan Shroud!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

Now it's time to get the Fan Shroud Prepared and installed,

After this step the fan shroud and engine are installed together along with the side plate and retaining bolts.

As you can see, the fan shoud is packaged in it's own packaging, along with the carbon brace, side bracket and glow port.

Here's everything out of the bag, As with any plastic moulds, It is advised to check for "flashing" I found quite a bit, But it only takes a quick 2 min job to remove it with a hobby knife. Also, The package contains the last skid mount, along with two dampening orings for the shroud.

Let's get it assembled!

Firstly the instructions say's to install the carbon glow plate into shroud, This can be pretty tricky, But taking your time you can do it.

Here you can see it joined together (not yet screwed in),

Now we need to take 4 self tapping screws and install them, Again, anything you are screwing into plastic you need to take extra care not to overtighten and strip the thread,

The manual does not state the use of retaining compound, However, you can if you want use a bit of CA glue, I did not do this however.

Here's a picture of the fan shroud on top of the engine!

Next.. the install!

Old 01-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

As you can see here, I have positioned the engine and fan shroud,

Quite an easy task, Just need to get the engine and shroud aligned, and your all good to go.

NOTE: The manual states to use loctite on the screw's that go into the fan shroud, I Have not done this as loctite degrades the plastic, However use CA to retain.

Starting to screw up (Not in that sense )

Here, We install a carbon brace that joins to the fan shroud, Although the last bolt fit's over the screw is pre-drilled, Mine was slightly too small and Would not fit over. However, a hobby knife fixed this.

Now it's time to install the engine side frame, During this stage it is advised to check that your muffler has clearence, In this case, Mine does (Curtis MP5). Also, Those who are using a Novorassi Engine will need to use another side plate (Item# MA128-28N)

This step is now completed

Next we need to install the fuel tank, and that should see Bag 2 Completed!

[IMG640]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk198/Nf650i/Fury%2055%20Review/Bag%202%20-%203/P1020114.jpg[/IMG640

and still... The build is going very smoothly and trouble free! and the quality still remains to be beaten.

Last edited by callum; 01-13-2011 at 12:50 PM..
Old 01-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like to say thanks for the great PIC"S and comments of your build thus far. I also am the proud owner of this heli/kit (flybarless version ). This is my first heli and kit build ever, I have not even flown a real rc heli only practice on my RF simulator for the last 18 months :o. I have been to a couple of big rc heli events over this past summer and visted our local rc heli/plane club DCRC in Maryland and learn a lot. I wanted my first and only heli for the time being to be something special and of high quality . I am going to wait and finish assembling my gear, dont want to buy on credit card and fly, crash and then buy MORE parts on credit card. Here's my plan for this project:

Fury 55, (flybarless version) on hand.
Cyclic and throttle servos, Futaba BLS 451, only one on hand so far.
Tail servo, Futaba BLS 251, on hand
Engine, looking maybe O.S. 55HZ-R, YS 56, or Novarssi .57
Futaba GY 750 gyro, preordered from TowerHobby.
Futaba 6007SB, (single outlet only) receiver, not out for sale yet.
Futaba 12FG TX, on hand
Main rotor blades, Mavrikk G5, Edge 603's flybarless (looking).
Kiwi / Scott Gray's (requlator). Still looking.

I will continue to follow your project and learn what I can.

Thanks
rtnaviman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

Hi There,

Glad to hear this thread is helping you out

You will not be dissapointed with this kit.. It is by far the best stress free build I have done, Everything goes together very well.

It seem's you are building quite a nice specced machine.. However, Usually the advise is to practice on low end gear, But if your heart is set on getting the best.. Then so be it

I shall be posting more stuff in just a moment!

Regards
Callum
Old 01-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Next up is the fuel tank,

One thing I like about this machine is it's simplicity, The machine goes together quite simple! There's no exceptions when it comes to the fuel tank!

Time to get it installed!

So, First up is the hardware bag that contains the fuel tank and hardware aswell as the landing skids and skide pipes.

But since we only need the fuel tank and accessories, I shall move the other hardware away for later.

First, the Manual wanted me to cut the provided fuel tubing to the correct size,

So the first is the Clunk Line (around 84mm):

Next is the Fuel line (around 140mm):

and last is the Pressure Line (around 190mm):

Once those had been made up the next thing to do is to make up the clunk hardware!

Once that is done, It's time to install it, This can be a bit tricky and require some patience, For me, I kept moving it around in a circle until it popped into place! Once this is done, I then needed to screw a nut onto the line to make sure it wont fall out,

You don't want it too tight, Else you will distort the rubber seal and therefor leak air, Snug it up so its nice and firm, Then blow down the tubing covering pressure line, If there's no air leak then great!

Now the tank is ready for install!

Old 01-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

The install is pretty simple!

Pop the tank in place, route the tubing, and then make up the bracket and secure in place! Job Done!

Showing the route of the fuel tube,

Making up the bracket,

Backet Installed,

Peice of Cake!

Next up, The landing skids!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #30 (permalink)

Okay, Moving onto the skids!

Starting to look more and more like a helicopter now

This stage again, Is fairly simple task!

Here, I have slid the pipes into the gear strut's in preperation of gluing the skid caps on,

Here's the skid caps:

Time to get them glued in!

Next it's the screws!

Now it's time to mount the gear and install it,

And there we go! The skid's are installed!

There was no real issues with this step, Everything went together real easy and smooth.

and With the above image,

Bag 2 Is Completed!

Roll on for the next bag!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

Now onto Bag's 3 - 4

In this section, We install the boom, along with the tail mechnics.

After this step, The Airframe is 95% Complete, and then the only thing left to do, is build up the head. Then install the electronics.

Unfortuantly, During this stage I accidently deleted some of the photo's I had taken. However, These's are not critical,

So, I had taped the tail belt, Fed it into the boom, and placed the transmission unit on the tail boom. Now it's time to build up the tail unit.

First starting with the tail pulley, It use's two grub screws. One is a dog point and sits in the shaft, another pinches the shaft.

Next, I started build the actual hub unit, Starting with the left hand side, I have screwed in the bell crank mount as seen in the picture:

Then, I installed the right hand side onto the tail transmission unit, along with the tail idler,

Pretty much as the previous step, Now it's starting to look like tail unit

Then, It's just a case of installing the tail fin, as you can see two screws, Both pin into the boom making double sure it's locked in and will not twist.

This complete's this part of the bag, The next focuses more on the linkage system and tail grips as well as installing the boom struts.

Again, the quality is maintained troughout.. And no real issues have arrised.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #32 (permalink)

Now it's time to get round to installing the boom struts, again.. another fairly simple task!

What's interesting to note, is that on each end of the strut, One side has a dimple another does not, and each end is slightly angled off to each other, The manual states to install the dimple towards the helicopter.

Prepping the Struts:

Installing them into the mainframe, These use fairly beefy bolts!

Next it's installing the boom clamp, This machine does not feature a horizontal fin, Something I like! and it look's very neat too! Very simple to install, Clamp down each screw fairly to get an equal sided balance.

Boom struts installed!:

Next Stop! Tail Linkage System!

Old 01-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #33 (permalink)

Now it's time to assemble the tail linkage system,

Here's the hardware that came out of the bag!

Here, I have installed the ball link's onto the blade grips and pitch slider.

Next, I installed the bell crank onto the bell crank mount,

Next up is the pitch slider, the pitch slider moves very nice and free upon the shaft,

Now it's time to prepare the blade grips!

I have installed the bearing's onto the tail hub unit, These bearings will push into the bladde grip

Next up the thrust bearings!

Greasing up the thrust!

Here's the grease I used

Blade grip slotted on, Along with the thrusts installed ready for the bolt to be tightend down.

Tail blade bolted to the hub!

Now the process is the same for the other grip, So, Im not going to document that, But here's them both attached to the hub ready for install onto the tail shaft.

And that's the blade grips installed!

Fairly simple task! with no issues, The grip hub is installed onto the shaft using two dog pointed grub screw's that sit inside the shaft. This allows a slip free install.

Again the quality is superb!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #34 (permalink)

The kit includes plastic tail blades, They feel quite stiff, but obviously not as good as carbon.

However, I will be using my Torsion Carbon Tail Blades. So these can go back in the bag
Old 01-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #35 (permalink)

That's the build done until Monday! (UK Cyber Challenge over the weekend) Since I'm awaiting the delivery of the MKS DS670 Servo's, I could build on.. But I like to build as the manual goes on, As i would rather not build the head and then have screws laying around etc!

Thoughts so far:

The build is going great! Everything is going together really well, There's been no real issues at all. Everything goes together as it should. It's a real pleasure to build and work on. The Quality is amazing so far!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the comments, I will be ordering my remaining servos this weekend (Futaba BLS 451). What type of rotor head are you building?, and would you show some basic model set up i.e. radio, swashplate eCCPM, pitch, and throttle curve.

Thanks

rtnaviman
rtnaviman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtnaviman View Post
Thanks for the comments, I will be ordering my remaining servos this weekend (Futaba BLS 451). What type of rotor head are you building?, and would you show some basic model set up i.e. radio, swashplate eCCPM, pitch, and throttle curve.

Thanks

rtnaviman

Anytime

I will be building the MA Fury 55/Furion 6 FBL Head. The head is pre-packaged with the Fury 55 FBL Kit.

The manual actually contains quite a good chunk of setting up this model, However, I will be glad to run trough the setup taking pictures along the way

However, Each setup is slightly unique and will not be exact to your helicopter. But, It will give you a good representation.

Also, Since you have your manual at hand, I would highly reccomend a read to familiarize yourself with the consturction.

However, I strongly suggest you download the manual on the website that can be found here:

http://miniatureaircraftusa.com/manu...y55manual2.pdf

There was some things that had been changed or not quite right in my manual shipped with the kit.. However the updated one is availble to download.

Any more questions feel free to fire away!

Thanks

Callum
Old 01-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

A cracking build tread the close ups realy let you see the parts and quality (great camera work).
I finaly got to see a furion 6 in the flesh yesterday it realy does look the dogs danglys. I cant believe how simple it is compared to the older kits.

Thanks
Joe
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
it realy does look the dogs danglys.
Is this a good thing??? I don't think I've ever heard that phrase before!!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:38 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Must be a UK thing, but yes the dogs danglies are good.

Dogs Danglies = Good
Danglies = Bad

Optifuel 20% SLV
StreetDragster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in