Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Foamies and Park Flyers

Foamies and Park Flyers 3D Foamies and Park Flyers are an EXCELLENT way to improve your reflexes and stick finesse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Thank you guys! I really appreciate that feedback. It makes it all worth the effort when people enjoy/benefit from it

It is a plane purchase that I do not regret.

I would love to see video of this

So I made another "Flight and glide" video, only this time it was from 350 feet. The difference other than the higher height it it zooms out to show how high the little fart is in the sky

WOW, how could you even see that thing? that camera got great Zoom, I would needed to use the camera to even see it LOL

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashDavis View Post
That is what I'm talkin' 'bout! Thank you for another great video - captures just what I meant too about just pure flying goodness!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchuuu View Post
Blade should send you a "thank you" check. I purchased one in part because of this thread. Flew today in pretty heavy wind, because I'm impatient, and although the wind tossed it around a good bit it was easy to control, easy to see and easy to land. 5-6 flights with no damage and no problems. Good review on your part
LOL I wish! The problem is I would just buy more planes with it and as positive as this review was, not all of mine are that kind for every plane I have purchased from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
WOW, how could you even see that thing? that camera got great Zoom, I would needed to use the camera to even see it LOL
I didn't want to take my eye off it for sure, but the funny thing was that wasn't the highest flight we recorded that day. I still have video for a flight that went a good 200 feet or so higher, but I haven't had time to edit it. Another thing is that my camera woman didn't zoom out nearly as much to show the perspective in that video since it was so dang high. I may edit and post it on here just for fun anyway since it was by far the longest glide we recorded.
GBLynden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Decided I couldn't wait for a calm day anymore and took it for a few more flights tonight. A little to windy for my liking, but all went well except for a slightly rough landing thanks to a quick gust when I was coming in to land. No damage though, just a few grass stains on the nose! Doh!!! I still can't get over how easy and fun this thing is to fly, even pulled off a few successful flips flying with the wind! I just need to work on my gliding skills some more to prolong my flight times. If you can find one in stock anywhere, grab it quick!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marh415 View Post
Decided I couldn't wait for a calm day anymore and took it for a few more flights tonight. A little to windy for my liking, but all went well except for a slightly rough landing thanks to a quick gust when I was coming in to land. No damage though, just a few grass stains on the nose! Doh!!! I still can't get over how easy and fun this thing is to fly, even pulled off a few successful flips flying with the wind! I just need to work on my gliding skills some more to prolong my flight times. If you can find one in stock anywhere, grab it quick!
I almost needed to grab one quick after a scary situation last night! This video below centers around me nearly losing my new Ultra Micro Radian RC plane last night on a bright and sunny evening. While it was missing from my sight for what seemed like forever, in that helpless span of time I decided I needed to ensure this wasn't going to happen again with my next plane since this one was likely gone forever.

Thankfully, I was able to regain sight with it after spinning circles for a bit. What you will find in this video are a few ideas I applied literally to the surfaces of this RC Plane.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the video I was talking about posting a few posts back. This is the highest I have taken my UMX Radian on video (I am guessing at least 500 plus feet) and I decided to keep the video shown below pretty raw. It includes some pretty funny parts that show the interaction between my camera woman and myself:

Old 05-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Sorry I missed this post the other day. Thank you and if you get one that is anything like mine, then yes you do

I got 12 minutes in cool damp air with ease the other night. I am guessing that 20 minutes of flight in similar conditions is possible with power management.

I have only done a few loops so far because I just love how pretty it is just gliding through the air.

Please post videos of you doing this stuff and a how to guide when you get a free moment

LOL this my take with my skill level at the moment

sorry it wasn't a very pretty day, and my elevator for some reason didn't have much down, inverted, Didn't get a 2nd flight care weather got bad
Stunts with Radien (3 min 18 sec)

If you can do rolling circles with a reg plane you can do rolls with a rudder plane, while going inverted you need to give down elevator so it doesn't pitch down to much.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you can do rolling circles with a reg plane you can do rolls with a rudder plane, while going inverted you need to give down elevator so it doesn't pitch down to much.
Thanks for the heads-up, I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

Gonna teach a work colleague to fly it (a genuine enthusiast, I'm sure he'll do well).

But I have six batteries to burn so it'll be a good hour in the air, I suspect. Plenty of time to try rolling it...

A quarter-century ago, I used to be quite proficient at rolling my (gas) three-channel trainer. I've been spoiled by the ridiculously aerobatic ('lectric) park flyers and micros these days. But it's like riding a bike, right?
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
sorry it wasn't a very pretty day, and my elevator for some reason didn't have much down, inverted, Didn't get a 2nd flight care weather got bad
Stunts with Radien - YouTube
I need to try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal View Post
Thanks for the heads-up, I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

Gonna teach a work colleague to fly it (a genuine enthusiast, I'm sure he'll do well).

But I have six batteries to burn so it'll be a good hour in the air, I suspect. Plenty of time to try rolling it...

A quarter-century ago, I used to be quite proficient at rolling my (gas) three-channel trainer. I've been spoiled by the ridiculously aerobatic ('lectric) park flyers and micros these days. But it's like riding a bike, right?
I hope that goes well for and him
Old 06-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, GBLynden, it did go well! My colleague loved flying it and never had a hint of trouble! We may well have another RC convert...

Also... I rolled it! Yes, you absolutely can roll them. Mine was U G L Y! A lot of down-elevator, as Epoweredrc suggested. Not pretty... but it was a roll from and back to straight and level flight!

Although I thoroughly appreciate your vid's GBLynden, and don't mean to detract from them in any way, here's a fun little aside from the Flite Test guys...

[ame]http://youtu.be/U5e6kG3QVPM[/ame]
Old 07-01-2014, 12:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is nothing wrong with showing those guys doing their thing!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the first "Flight and glide" video I have made post-crash with my Ultra Micro Radian onto my neighbor's roof. The cause is unknown, but after I crashed my UMX Pitts on video the cause seemed similar. I put fresh batteries in my DX6i and I haven't had a problem since with any of my planes.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:32 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lost mine today...

Have not lost a plane ever before. My fault was in a rush to get some stick time so did not go to the flying field. Just flew at the local soccer field. Got it high and right out in front of me at a bad time of day for lighting.Was fairly windy too. I looked down to change where i was standing for a sec. Looked back... just sky... looked in the farmers field for an hour. Gone. Poor little glider. Will be getting another and flying on better days...
Old 11-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

That could have been me very easily a few months back. I am really sorry for your loss man.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the updated version of my "Visibility Enhancements" video I made back in May shortly after this E-flite UMX Radian RC Glider came out. The changes I have made since then was to use all of the black strips that came with this plane and add green and orange Sharpie ink to this plane. The key for the best result on this foam is to use the liquid Sharpie ink and NOT the traditional style marker. The green didn't turn out as well as it could have as a result of previous attempts with the traditional style Sharpie.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #35 (permalink)
HF Support

I had an interesting experience with one of these a while back.

I was at our club toward the end of the day where we usually kick back and fly all our non-heli toys...foamies, sailplanes and the like. There were enough people there that I wasn't really paying close attention to what everybody was doing. One of the guys started panicking because he had lost orientation flying his glider and couldn't see it any more. I looked up and picked it out so he handed me the transmitter to try and save it. I was able to bring it around back towards us for a landing. But the whole time I thought I was flying a full size Radian. It wasn't until it got right down on us that I realized it was the UMX version. So I guess that says something about how well it performs.

It's a nice little plane for what it is, just not my cup of tea. If they ever release a 2S brushless UMX version of the Radian Pro I might have to grab that though. A sailplane without flaps is like peanut butter without the jelly.

Last edited by Nelsonisms; 03-25-2015 at 05:18 PM..
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2015, 01:58 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for sharing that story
Old 06-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look for the bugs!

Old 09-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

John is flying it this time and yep, more bugs lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in