Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX7S setup

Anyone have a DX7S setup on Horizon? Is it just the same with the DX8?
thanks.
rfacultad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It can be. The only issue I see is you can't program a mix to another switch to activate captain rescue. Instead you could only use your head gain channel and share with sl mode, so it won't be as easy to activate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #63 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Yes it can be done, but SL will be on the MIX switch and rescue on the trainer button.

Assign Aux2 to trainer. Do not use governor. Use mixes to tell trainer to be 0 (or SL mode required) when unpressed and rescue when pressed.

I thought the DX7s could not do offset in the mixes, but I saw a photo in a different post of a DX7s mix screen and it did show offset. Can you tell me if in creating a mix if the DX7s does allow offset (this can make life "MUCH" easier for you).

* I can see I will need to borrow a DX7s and create a DX7s to BD3SX step by step how to *

* May also re-vamp the DX8 to BD3SX with a step by step how to as well *
Old 11-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ah, yes. I forgot. You can turn off the tail gain channel so you have a channel for head gain (SL/CR mode) and an open channel for a mix switch. This would make it work exactly like the DX8 (use any switch for SL on/off and another for the CR, such as the trainer button). Losing tail gail/real time after completing setup isn't a big deal.
jrwalte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=ArchmageAU;5357377]Reposting from my original post (so readers don't have to follow the

I set up my dx8 the same way this post recommends and am very happy with it. I used a momentary long lever switch instead of the trainer button, and it really works great. Originally I had the bail out set to the rudder switch but accidentally hit the throttle hold switch just below it. A big mistake. Now the bail out is on the left and hold is on the right, and both switches are the long lever type. The only drawback is you that can't use the leveling feature since the momentary switch only does one thing, It's worth it for me, and I now find that just a quick tap of the switch gets me out of any unusual attitudes. The settings I used was 100 for the bail out and 0 for ridged flight. I am running this on a Logo 800, so anything higher than 100 is very dramatic and extreme. A setting of 100 does a nice attitude correction without too much abruptness. I tried numbers around 85 but the correction was too subtle.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

[quote=guyguerra;5708054]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
Reposting from my original post (so readers don't have to follow the

I set up my dx8 the same way this post recommends and am very happy with it. I used a momentary long lever switch instead of the trainer button, and it really works great. Originally I had the bail out set to the rudder switch but accidentally hit the throttle hold switch just below it. A big mistake. Now the bail out is on the left and hold is on the right, and both switches are the long lever type. The only drawback is you that can't use the leveling feature since the momentary switch only does one thing, It's worth it for me, and I now find that just a quick tap of the switch gets me out of any unusual attitudes. The settings I used was 100 for the bail out and 0 for ridged flight. I am running this on a Logo 800, so anything higher than 100 is very dramatic and extreme. A setting of 100 does a nice attitude correction without too much abruptness. I tried numbers around 85 but the correction was too subtle.
Collective adjustment for bailout is on the horizon page upper right slider "coll pitch travel only for rescue action", for that size heli start with 5 or 6 and then adjust from there.

On my DX8
I have the SL on my Rudd D/R switch, I've done this by setting the
Governor switch pos0 is 0%, pos1 is 17%, pos2 is 40% Ch Aux2 Sw Rud D/R

So when I want SL I just flip the switch in front of TH which is the Rudd D/R switch, pulling forward one click and I have 17%, two clicks and I have 40% for wieing my eyes or shooing flies, or just a rest break to gather composure.

Good luck and enjoy.

Edit; I guess I've lost expo for the tail but I haven't missed it on the Trex 500.
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

One other thing you could just not use SL and just tap CR to do a quick leveling.
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in