Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Field Terminal Not Working

About 2 months ago, I purchased the field terminal and really like it. However, yesterday when I plugged it into the 540, the unit never powered on. I unplugged the cables and reinstalled with no results. I'm thinking that the cables may be the issue and not the unit itself, however, I could be wrong. Anyone experience the same thing and if so what ended up being the problem?

Last edited by #1RCHelifan; 05-07-2014 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: pelling
#1RCHelifan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look very closely at the wires where they connect into the plugs. Those little plugs aren't made for repeated unplugging, and they break very easily. My bet is on a bad cable
Old 05-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This.

I already had to re-solder mine. In the process I put some tight heat shrink tubing around the plug/wires so it has some decent strain relief and reinforcement. Works great and makes it much easier to grasp for removal.

Its likely going to be the same end you replug into the SK all the time.

spikestabber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, that's really my only gripe with the field terminal - that damn connector plug is too hard to unplug from the FBL controller and, as a result, it puts too much strain on the cable. I wish the connector had a larger tab or something to grip when unplugging.
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine is dead now too How to fix before I put on some sort of support??/.. I did see the article at (***WARNING*** Stop Spamming Helifreak) on how to strengthen and support... but I have to fix it first! (that will probably be censored!)

EDIT: Sure enough!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in