Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phoenix doesn't recognize switches on new DX6

Have a new DX6. I can not get it to calibrate correctly. My old DX6i worked fine. I have followed all the on line videos and forums posts. I still have the switch 1 and 6 working together on throttle up and the simulator doesn't recognize any switches.
bmrmiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2015, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's because the sim DOESN'T respond to switches. It responds to what the switches do to the channels. On my Dx6i, the GYRO switch is only recognized because it changes channel 5, and only after you set it to, say,
0: <- 10
1: 90
and then switch it during the sim calibration. If you leave both set to 50 it doesn't see a change, so it doesn't know what the range is.
All the other switches ONLY change the signals that the TX sends to the sim--curves, dual rates & expo, mixing, it all happens in the TX and the sim just responds to the resulting 0-100 signal for each channel.
PhoenixofMT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2015, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You first.have to define the switches in the transmitter. You then have to go through the tx calibration in Phoenix, moving the switches when it tells you to.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone have a sim setup file that they can upload to use the the Dx6 and Pheonix sim?

Thanks
amydaveg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2015, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Doesn't recognize the switches on my DX6i it was bundled with, but I've only had it a week and just installed it yesterday. Its setup at the basic level and working - but I have no throttle curve or expo programmed in yet.

I just dedicated a channel to it, called it 'Phoenix,' set it to heli-mode, and skipped through the rest of the DX6i programming. Then I installed Phoenix, did the calibration and chose 'DX6i.'

After that I just played around with a Goblin 700 for an hour to make sure it was stable and had no performance issues. Today I'll do the additional radio programming, and any further setup needed within Phoenix to get the switches working.

The throttle hold switch is already working, at least, so that's a start
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the same exact profile in my DX6 for my 180cfx, I have all three flight modes, and throttle hold that work fine in Phoenix.. Also I have a copy of the file for my 5003d except I had to change the swash to normal for the copy to work properly in sim.
I remember that I had to not use any of the expo settings in the sim and go through all the curves and make sure they were set to linear so that I wasn't doubling rates and expo.
Don't forget to change each model to 100% for physics to allow your Tx to be the control and not the sim's watered down physics.
I'm sure I'll be using the same model file in Tx for my Oxy too, to fly in sim.

Then I tune the sim model to match pitch and have correct feel for pitch pump, then use the metronome method to set roll rates so sim matches IRL better. Also changed weight and size of heli to match mass wise until it feels more like RL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in