Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dodge -- good deal. Can you be more specific about what is set to what for future reference? I'd like to know what is different in the setup you ended up with, and the setup whose path wasn't working.

Which function is controlling the gyro, and which function is controlling the governor. Which values control each function. This info will be useful for the next person down the line who has the same question.

Making the world better, one helicopter at a time. Team Heliproz
dksia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly throw out the direction that come with the rev max because it doesn't come close to being right when it comes to getting into cal. Mode.
In device menue gear is left "act" and never changed. Gear controls gains as it always has. The AUX2 stays "act" and stays that way. You use this to get into cal. Mode. Your revmax need to be plugged into AUX2. When u plug the battery in you need to flip the switch 2x fast and your in cal. Mode. You AUX2 ATV menue (only the left number) will control your headspeed now. You set your throttle curves as you normally would
basically absolutely no changes were done to the radio, no assigning switches, just plug into aux2 and that's it.

Empire Hobby/ Team Gaui USA -- Rcbearings.com
-- Cyclone Blades -- Team KDE -- A-Main Hobbies -- OMG servos
dodgeboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

From your post, I assume your Device Select Menu looks like the attached picture...Gear controlled by the Gear switch and "ACT", and AUX 2 controlled by the FMODE SW, and "ACT".

Gyro gain is controlled by the endpoint settings of the Gear switch so you get a single rudder gain in HH mode, and a single gain in Normal mode (dependent upon Gear switch position); and you get a single RPM limit setting based on the position of the Flight mode switch. It would appear that you would then have a single RPM limit for Normal and ST-1 flight mode switch positions (controlled by the left number in the travel adjust menu that goes from 0 to +100), and a different RPM limit for ST-1 (set by the number in the right hand side of the travel menu, the number that goes from 0 to -100),
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3030098.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	400051  

Last edited by dksia; 03-10-2013 at 11:30 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes.

is there something wrong with that ?
i ask because i just flew my first tank today, what i did notice was no change in HS from normal, idle1 or idle 2.
maybe because thats due to having only 1 rpm setting ?

Empire Hobby/ Team Gaui USA -- Rcbearings.com
-- Cyclone Blades -- Team KDE -- A-Main Hobbies -- OMG servos
dodgeboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok so I will be using gear ch for gyro set to gear switch so I can toggle between HH and rate mode with the gear switch.

Aux2 is set to auto and gyro is displayed in device select menu. Three values are displayed for the gyro menu Normal, St1, St2, with a value of 0 -100.

If I want the Gaui gov off in normal do I set a value of 0 for normal in the gyro menu? If I want to run with it on in normal at about 2200 hs what would my normal setting be for this head speed?
Rotors Up is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, now I'm confused. RotorsUp started the thread about an XP9503, AR7200BX, and a governor (type, I think, unknown).

-----

If Rotors has followed this thread, he would know that his GYRO will be controlled via Channel 5, using the GOVERNOR menu in his transmitter. The Flight Mode Switch will control the selection for each flight mode, and the GYRO gains will be set in the GOVERNOR menu. Numbers between 0 and 100 will yield Heading Hold gains, from 0 to 100. Numbers between 0 and -100 will yield gains in NORMAL/RATE mode, going from 0 to 100.

-----

The GOVERNOR must have its auxiliary/RPM control lead plugged into the AR7200 BX channel 7/AUX 2 output. The Gyro Sense Menu will control the Governor, using the Flight Mode Switch. RPM for each mode will be set using the entries in the Gyro Sense Menu window.

-----

I BELIEVE a number of "50" will disable the Governor for a particular flight mode. That means you can enter numbers greater than 50, going to +100 to set each flight mode RPM. You should also be able to enter numbers less than 50, going toward 0 to set RPM. I also BELIEVE that a setting of 0 will give you the same RPM as a setting of 100. At least the is what I believe how the RevMax device will interpret the gyro mode settings, when it is used to control the Governor. I do NOT know what governor RotorsUp is using, I'd have to see its manual to figure it out.

Since I don't know what governor is being used by RotorsUp, I can't suggest a value to set into the Gyro Sense menu to achieve his desired head speed. More info needed.

-----

Notice that NOWHERE in this discussion did the GEAR switch enter in. With a 9503, an AR7200 BX, and an external governor, this is the ONLY way to make it work:

Gyro gain controlled by the X9503 Governor Menu values, selected by the Flight Mode Switch.

Governor control plugged into Channel 7/Aux2, RPM set using the GYRO SENSE menu values, and RPM selection for each flight mode controlled by the Flight Mode Switch.

NO GEAR switch is involved here, and you cannot use it to control anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in