Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mind blowing problem NEED HELP

hi every one

ok need some help I bought my self a kontronik Kosmik 200 adjusted bec to 8v
plug it in to my 3sx with the

master to the 3rd channel on rx (running sbus)

slave to 3sx

but when I power up I get the orange light comes on but soon as the esc act or I hit the horizon mod switch it stays green
and I cant get out of it or use rigid mod, horizon mod,resuce mod

BUT if I take the bec off the esc and use a gryphon set at 8.5v to the rx and remove the red from the esc all works again.

what am I doing wrong?
mr h is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe it has to do with time Kos BEC takes to initialize to full voltage, it is only 5.5V until unit is armed.
I think a work around was guy's were initializing the BD with a buffer pack then connecting Kos batt leads.

Might not be 100% accurate but someone will correct if I'm off base.
My solution, doff the BD and run a different FBL
Old 09-16-2014, 04:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi!

There're two odds happening w/ the BEC output of a KOSMIK or JIVE Pro at power up:

a) For a certain time the voltage goes crazy (ups and downs).
b) If the voltage has stabilized - then at 5.5..5.6 volts only. Only after everything has initialized the voltage will be switched up to the set level.

That may confuse devices supplied by the BEC, worst case multiple resets may occur which especially could disturb the start-up calibration of a FBL system.

The crux w/ the BD is, - if satellites are connected, - that the BD needs to have 5.5V at minimum to be able to supply satellites with minimum required voltage. It's a bit strange.. and I ask myself where (regulator) and why they (Captron) waste so many volts for 3.3 volts stabilized supply voltage to satellites.. Isn't this a LDO (low-drop regulator)?
However, it is just so..
Old 09-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

I'm doing close to what GimpyGolden said. Buffer pack to 3SX in parallel to Kosmik. However, Kosmik never unplugged. Buffer pack connected via switch, first on last off.

I would recommend not having one power to FBL and one to receiver. Potentially reduced current available as line between receiver and FBL may be thinner and possible ground loop imlo, l standing for limited Next, after having both power lines go to FBL, have the master go to throttle on 3SX but remove the signal wire and create additional servo connector with no ground going to channel 3 on receiver. Achieves same result re dropping rpm if throttle signal missing. Finally, S.BUS connector between receiver and 3SX providing all channels except throttle to FBL, power to receiver and ground to receiver for throttle signal. The added benefit is if FBL blows up, power lost to receiver causing throttle signal to drop sending ESC into failsafe which may not happen if receiver has direct power.

Cheers.
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in