Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

100!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
Nice 8's! I do mine exactly opposite of yours where in the center of the 8 you are coming in ware as I am going out! Smooth!
Doing them that way would make nose in easy I guess. Have to work on the other way.

Where are all your videos?

Darin
mCPX
Real_Sparky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Sparky View Post
Doing them that way would make nose in easy I guess. Have to work on the other way.
Must be mentioned at this point - coming in on the straight leg makes it really easy to learn nose in. The forward airspeed helps a lot (when you goof up on elevator, you're just slowing down or speeding up instead of drifting all over the place) and you can gradually increase the angle and slow your approach... until you're finally just hovering there. Really painless compared to just turning further and further in from a side-in hover.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

In this thread! Just look back!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

New videos, new videos, I have read every page and seen every video, I'm a bit visual like that You know O.C.D. and all that.

Hey Mika
If I remember correctly you, back in the dark old days of fixed pitch, had changed to a seperates set up. I'm just doing that now on my old Walkera DF4#1 so my kids can have a fly on my radio. Just waiting on another esc to complete the set up but was wondering how you did the mixing in the radio or will a heading hold gyro take care of it?

Darin
mCPX
Old 12-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_finn View Post
Must be mentioned at this point - coming in on the straight leg makes it really easy to learn nose in. The forward airspeed helps a lot (when you goof up on elevator, you're just slowing down or speeding up instead of drifting all over the place) and you can gradually increase the angle and slow your approach... until you're finally just hovering there. Really painless compared to just turning further and further in from a side-in hover.
Agreed, I haven't tried nose in on any of my heli's (Yet) But I have done figure 8's and when it's comeing towards you it's a lot easier than if the heli was still..

-Jonny
Old 12-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Sparky View Post
If I remember correctly you, back in the dark old days of fixed pitch, had changed to a seperates set up. I'm just doing that now on my old Walkera DF4#1 so my kids can have a fly on my radio. Just waiting on another esc to complete the set up but was wondering how you did the mixing in the radio or will a heading hold gyro take care of it?
I think I only did it last summer, mainly because I couldn't figure out what else to use the Sonix brushless from my old CP2 for. A HH gyro connected to the tail motor ESC makes throttle-to-rudder mixing unnecessary - the gyro will hold the tail unless you make big sudden changes in throttle. Then it could use some help in the form of revo mixing. A little bit of rudder mixed into throttle *changes* (not throttle position) helps it anticipate the torque.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
Old 12-30-2008, 02:48 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Mika
Thats what I figured.

Darin
mCPX
Old 01-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went to the (very cold) field earlier and managed to shoot a vid flying the newly re-built t-rex.

I didn't want to try any nose-in to save crashing, but found myself doing a couple of seconds FF nose-in around the 3 1/2 minute mark (blink and you'll miss it!!)

I really want a sim to get the nose-in nailed!!! Any advice??
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterboy View Post
I really want a sim to get the nose-in nailed!!! Any advice??
Can't go wrong with Phoenix. Best heli flight models at a reasonable price. If you need something really cheap, ClearView is pretty good for only $40.

Some nice controlled turns and piros there
Old 01-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the comment's Mika.

My PC isn't good enough to run a sim - I can't even watch video's in full screen mode or it will crash!!! I'm hoping to get a new laptop this year with a sim and VGA cable so I can run it on the 37" LCD TV. In the meantime I'll guess I'll just have to keep practising nose-in for real (more expensive in the long run probably ).

I seem to get mental block and panic as I come around into a nose-in orientation. Guess I'm just not comforatble with it yet, and just need to keep practising.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ditto Denis. I can do it in the SIM, but can't bring myself to do it for real yet.........

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice stuff Denis. Here is my first effort for 2009. My fingers got cold, plus I found it difficult to get used to the collective because of the extra weight of the camera stuff, which I think is why I hit the ground half way through, and then had to re-align the camera lens. Anyway, still a good fun start to 2009. This is the first flycam video I have been able to do for ages because it wouldn't work because of the cold. This time it was powered from the BEC so there were no power out issues.

Cheers
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice one Sutty, I really enjoyed it. I am so envious of the flying space you have right outside your house!
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flying again Sutty, you seem to have the nose-in flying nailed - do you have any tips for me and Mike? I got dizzy watching the piro's, but was there a stalled turn with piro thrown in for good measure....nice finger work for the cold!!!!

My finger's got so cold I was bobbing up and down a bit coming in to land Bring on Summer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihathnofury View Post
Ditto Denis. I can do it in the SIM, but can't bring myself to do it for real yet.........

Mike
Mike, +1 what someone else said....get us a video so we can see where your upto and we'll try and work through it together. I feel I have side to side FF and turns in the bag, it's getting smoother and faster every time I go to the field now. But nose-in just escape's me!!

I've been trying to think the problem through, and it could be that I'm not levelling the heli out (on Aileron) as I turn it back nose-in. As it's not level and the control's are back to front, that alway's when my nerve's start to crack. I gotta work tomorrow so (maybe) no flying for me, but thankfully the forecast is good for Saturday & OK Sunday, so I'll be flying both days for sure.

Want to try some 8's like Darin was doing and ofcourse nose-in practise!!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice vid Sutty and great flying. Am amazed at the quality if the images.

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow sutty, you must have really good eye sight. At one point the heli was miles away from you

You are a really good pilot Keep up the good vids, they are very inspiering.

As for nose-in. I just tried it on the sim and I suck at it again lol. I haven't used the sim for a while because of different faults but I have nailed inverted hover but not upright nose-in lol. Can't wait to get to the field so I can try out my EXI.

-Jonny
Old 01-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Nice stuff Denis. Here is my first effort for 2009. My fingers got cold
So why not stand in the nice warm house and fly the heli around outside
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've done that. It really freaks people out when they walk by and don't see any one flying it.

Only done it with the co-axs so far, I'm afraid that I could lose sight of one of the 450s very quickly.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Guys, thanks for your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwizard View Post
Nice one Sutty, I really enjoyed it. I am so envious of the flying space you have right outside your house!
Ta Jack, Yes I feel very lucky to have such good flying facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterboy View Post
Nice flying again Sutty, you seem to have the nose-in flying nailed - do you have any tips for me and Mike?
Yes, but you might not like them. Practice for 30 years on fixed wing so that aileron reversal is not an issue. I always used the “prop the low wing up” technique. I still think of it like that with fixed wing. The heli has now become automatic though and I don’t know what I am doing anymore to achieve it. When I had a previous discussion about the “prop the low wing up” technique, not many people were in favour of it, or could use it successfully, but that is how I got to grips with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihathnofury View Post
Nice vid Sutty and great flying. Am amazed at the quality if the images. Mike
Yeah thanks Mike, the videos are pretty good from the flycams, but I am still annoyed by the wavy distortion that is formed at the bottom of the picture. I did some googling about it and apparently it is caused vibration. I tried mounting it on elastic bands, and the waves had gone but the camera was too floppy and inadequately damped, so it was not an improvement. Still I’ll see what I can come up with by trying thicker elastic bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
Wow sutty, you must have really good eye sight. At one point the heli was miles away from you
Not really Jonny my eyes are not great and I do wear glasses. It is all guesswork. Well it isn’t really, because you don’t have to be able to see it in detail and you know what position or instruction you gave it last, you know what it should be doing. In other words if it is coming round in a nice banked left turn, it isn’t suddenly going to be in a banked right turn, unless you do something, so you just keep it coming round as it were. If something went wrong with it at that distance, I would have little chance of saving it, but if something goes wrong you don’t have that much chance anyway, so I don’t bother about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psilo View Post
So why not stand in the nice warm house and fly the heli around outside
Ha, that's funny, I hadn't thought of that, it's a quality suggestion. That will be my next video. A nose in shot through the kitchen window, whilst I wave at the camera, just for a bit of fun.

Cheers
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in