Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > X400 and MX400

X400 and MX400 Ark X400 and HeliMax MX400 Helicopters Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just got a Used MX400 need Help

\As the Tittle says.I got a MX 400 it is pretty much Blinged out. It has a All Aluminum head and swash. I have some questions on how to Program my Radio. I have a Futaba 9C Heli. I have NO Idea on what Parameters to set . Can Someone Please Help Me??

Thanks
Mal
Kushal_22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2006, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Mal! do you have any heli experience? give us some details as far as what rx,gyro,motor,esc and servos you are using. also give us some idea how much you know ablut programing the 9c. you can also look thru the micro-heli column for more info and look in the tech room column as i am sure Finless bob has plenty for you to study up on. I will do my best to help you all i can Tom
terb0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have a 2850 Heli-Max Bl motor Belt dfriven Tail Aluminum head RX is a HPD-07RHHitec QPCM RX I have a little bit of Heli Experiance. I can Hover Tail in and Nose In even Better I do know how to Program my Radio but need step by Step Instructions....But i know where to go how to get there and 99% of the Terms.

Hope this Helps and I will do as you suggested and review Finless Bobs Vids.

Regards
Malcom
Old 01-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

The 9C is a little less than intuitive to program at first, but now I find mine to be a piece of cake. Fin's CCPM vids in the 450 collection will help with all aspects of setup. Since he uses a 7C in the vids, it's simple to "translate" to the 9C. The CCPM mechanical setup info also translates very well to helis other than the Trex 450. I used the same basic techniques to set up my modded Blade CP, my Trex 600 and will be doing the same to my Raptor 50 over the next couple weekends.

Like Tom offered, I'll do what I can to help you get sorted out.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok let get started . I forgot to ask you is the model ccpm or standard mechanical mix on the swash . if you are not sure tell me if the lower swash ring has 3 balls at 120 deg spacing or 4 balls or arms at 90 deg spacing. we can start the rest after this has been done. page 82 of the manual will help with this if you are not sure Tom
Old 01-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did not get a Manual with this So thats whats kinda giving me the problems.

The one I have Has the 4 Balls on the bottom of the Swash. I have not seen one with this type of setup. Lots of Linkages. I hope these photos give you a good idea.

HMMM Not sure how to post Photos.
I got this second hand froma LHS In Abbatsford. It looks like a decent Heli for 400 Bucks(Then another 120 for a RX :?

Regards
Mal
Old 01-02-2007, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kushal_22 , what up you say you bought that heli in abbottsford , so you mean then "one stop hobbies" ? I live in langley and thats where I bought my T-REX SE , I think I saw that heli sitting there a few weeks ago , it was on consignment wasnt it ?

So as far as being able to help I kow the mx400 pretty welll I have a friend that has one and Ive done alot of maintenance on it .

To post pics of your heli you need to go to the bottom of the page and click the link called "reply" this takes you to anouther screen where you can reply to the post and browse your hard-drive for the pics you want to post , dont use the reply field at the bottom that one is for quick replys without pics or anything so use the link "reply"
steve28 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes this Heli was on Consingment. It looks to be a great little Heli.lots of Upgrades and "Bling" on it. I got it for 400 Lesss RX. I think i can get away with a Berg 7as the Hitec that They Said I would need does not fit in the slot Provided :? Since you know quite a bit about the MX400 I will be picking your Brain for a little while.(Alll the help i can get is great)
Also Thanks for the info on how to post pics

Regards
Malcom
Old 01-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I moved this topic here for better exposure

TerryBelanger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

that 2850 motor gets pretty hot with just the plastic head parts , with the alu parts the mass of the head is greater and the motor will get hotter ( possibly fail ) I have an align 430 L 3550 motor that would probably work good in that heli with the right pinion gear on it . Id sell it to you for 40 bucks if you like .
Old 01-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats a Nice offer
But from what i read you are more concernd about how the Heli Performs than making any money.
I have a Mega 3 turn
and a EFlight Park 400 with 4100KV pluse another Mega but this one is for EDF Application I think it is15 20XX?? Not sure what the numbers are but i am sure it would fit and i can find the exact #`s(I am sure you know what i am talking about already.

So i thinmk i have Motors that could be used for this Hel. The last person went with what was recomended for 3D

regards
Mal
Old 01-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another Question

Can I use the Berg 7 For this Heli?

Regards
Mal
Old 01-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you can, and should. Its a great little receiver.
have you watched the finless videos yet? They would help you a lot I think. Would help even more if your heli were eCCPM.
Helder22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushal_22
I did not get a Manual with this So thats whats kinda giving me the problems.

The one I have Has the 4 Balls on the bottom of the Swash. I have not seen one with this type of setup. Lots of Linkages. I hope these photos give you a good idea.

HMMM Not sure how to post Photos.
I got this second hand froma LHS In Abbatsford. It looks like a decent Heli for 400 Bucks(Then another 120 for a RX :?

Regards
Mal
The manuals will really help.. You need pdf docs the x400 doc is better in my opinion towards the mechanical lengths of servo rods and so forth. Although the mx400 doc is good, so I use both

Good luck on your new heli
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ark_x400_manual.pdf (3.98 MB, 150 views)
File Type: pdf hmxe0200-manual-v2.pdf (1.54 MB, 199 views)
fedex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know the MX400 pretty well , and I know it has issues with power and with overheating , my friend uses 1250 mAh lipos on his because when we use the 2100 mAh lipos the motor gets way too hot ( wieght issue ) the 1250's are lighter and this is on an MX thats lighter than yours already because its got less alu on it . he is using the same motor as you mentioned .

I dont know mega motors so I dont know anything about them , but I do know the E-Flight park series and they are much too small for an MX400 , these motor are better suited for smaller lighter ones like the BCP . So your mega's might work but I dont know so it would be an experiment on your part , or you could get the align motor and it will work and it doesnt matter which motor you select you will have to figure out what headspeed you want to run and then what pinion you need to get it .

pictures ?
Old 01-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve28
I know the MX400 pretty well , and I know it has issues with power and with overheating , my friend uses 1250 mAh lipos on his because when we use the 2100 mAh lipos the motor gets way too hot ( wieght issue ) the 1250's are lighter and this is on an MX thats lighter than yours already because its got less alu on it . he is using the same motor as you mentioned .

I dont know mega motors so I dont know anything about them , but I do know the E-Flight park series and they are much too small for an MX400 , these motor are better suited for smaller lighter ones like the BCP . So your mega's might work but I dont know so it would be an experiment on your part , or you could get the align motor and it will work and it doesnt matter which motor you select you will have to figure out what headspeed you want to run and then what pinion you need to get it .

pictures ?
I'm running 3s 2150 maH 20C and 15C batterys. I had overheating issues that would overheat the esc and motor, even died in flight a few times. ( I think its more of voltage regulation issue) the stock helimax 25 amp esc has an internal bec which is I guess is insuffiecient . I purchased a 20$ parkbec. Everything is nice and cool now, running a throttle curve at 100 inh 95 inh 100 in idle up. Flying 4 packs back to back.
fedex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

i would say that you have standard mechanical mix. Here is a link to the 9c manual for the radio if you need it also.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/9c-su...ies-manual.pdf

once you get your linkages all built and mounted you can start with the setup
get your model selected and type correct you need to decide what type of flying you want to set it up for. for fai style flying my pitch range is -6 to +10 and i hover at 1\2 stick. for a 3d style setup -10 to +10. either way you want to start with setting up the pitch curve so it is mechanicaly linear with the points on the pitch curve at default settings(0-25-50-75-100 %) so you can maximise the resolution of the sticks. i.e. 3d settup pitch curve is - 10 to +10 you have 5 points pt1 -10, pt2 -5, pt3 0, pt4 +5, pt5 +10 deg. before you start make sure all your dials and trims are centered and controls are going the right direction. I use these setting in normal ( i do cheat up on the neg some for normal later) , id1 and id2. For hold you wont need more than -5 or6 either.

as far as your throttle curve i would leave normal at default and when you get it up and running you can adjust it to get the proper rpm and then use those settings to determine what you need in your idleups. Your idleup curves will end up in a v shape when they are done so as the power needs to follow pitch wheither it is +or -
check to see also that your tailrotor control is the right direction as well as your gyro direction. If you are using a futaba 401 here is a link to a team tip written by
Ben Minor that will help you with that

http://www.futaba-rc.com/team/team-tip-002.html

I hope this helps . let me know how you are getting along and we will go from there. I sorry I cant help you more with motors but i havnt done much with that model to give you better advise. there are a lot of guys here that are great in that area. Tom
Old 01-03-2007, 01:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helder22
Yes you can, and should. Its a great little receiver.
have you watched the finless videos yet? They would help you a lot I think. Would help even more if your heli were eCCPM.
I would have to get a different TX for CPPM?

I am looking into getting a New TX BUT i was looking at the Spektrum Stuff.

Regards
Mal

PS I am reviewing the Finless Vids too
Old 01-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by terb0
i would say that you have standard mechanical mix. Here is a link to the 9c manual for the radio if you need it also.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/9c-su...ies-manual.pdf

once you get your linkages all built and mounted you can start with the setup
get your model selected and type correct you need to decide what type of flying you want to set it up for. for fai style flying my pitch range is -6 to +10 and i hover at 1\2 stick. for a 3d style setup -10 to +10. either way you want to start with setting up the pitch curve so it is mechanicaly linear with the points on the pitch curve at default settings(0-25-50-75-100 %) so you can maximise the resolution of the sticks. i.e. 3d settup pitch curve is - 10 to +10 you have 5 points pt1 -10, pt2 -5, pt3 0, pt4 +5, pt5 +10 deg. before you start make sure all your dials and trims are centered and controls are going the right direction. I use these setting in normal ( i do cheat up on the neg some for normal later) , id1 and id2. For hold you wont need more than -5 or6 either.

as far as your throttle curve i would leave normal at default and when you get it up and running you can adjust it to get the proper rpm and then use those settings to determine what you need in your idleups. Your idleup curves will end up in a v shape when they are done so as the power needs to follow pitch wheither it is +or -
check to see also that your tailrotor control is the right direction as well as your gyro direction. If you are using a futaba 401 here is a link to a team tip written by
Ben Minor that will help you with that

http://www.futaba-rc.com/team/team-tip-002.html

I hope this helps . let me know how you are getting along and we will go from there. I sorry I cant help you more with motors but i havnt done much with that model to give you better advise. there are a lot of guys here that are great in that area. Tom
Umm WOW Lots to learn!

I hate to say this Guy`s But for right now what I need is someone to say. Here is some settings for some forward flight (Figure 8`s nose in hovering and some beginner stuff) and then i program it in. As i learn what is happening with and to the heliin flight and i see what does whati can remember and learn it a little easier. If not that point me to a finless vid that shows and explians this a little? I am just feeling a little overwhelmed if ya know what i mean :wink:

Regards
MAl
Old 01-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

your 9c will do ccpm no need to get other TX . You basics of settup needs to be learned if you wish to have success. None of this is rocket science it just may take a little time to learn. if the machine is not setup correctly it wont fly correctly. I sorry it sounds complicated . study finless videos as much as you can and it will make sense before long. Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in