Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The Scorpion

1360kv makes 630watts continuous 840watts Peak

1880kv makes 840 watts continuous 1050 watts Peak

I got 14T and 15T bar stock to make the pinions.
So now the question is:
is it worth the hassle to make the pinions in order to use the 1880kv motor or not?

and

What ESCīs work well with the scorpion motors?
AlvaSpeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Castle has never failed me.

I guess is depends on if you want and/or need that kind of power.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvaSpeed View Post
The Scorpion

1360kv makes 630watts continuous 840watts Peak

1880kv makes 840 watts continuous 1050 watts Peak

I got 14T and 15T bar stock to make the pinions.
So now the question is:
is it worth the hassle to make the pinions in order to use the 1880kv motor or not?

and

What ESCīs work well with the scorpion motors?
Trust me, unless you're doing speed runs, you just do not need the 1880.

The 1360 actually produces a lot more than 840W peak, I've had spikes to 1350W with this motor... there is no shortage of power, it is a total beast of a motor.

Consider the fact that a 2221-8 has a continuous rating of 475W, and those are powerful little motors on your 325mm 450. This scorpion has almost 35% more continuous power on tap, and over 60% more peak power... on a heli that is not 35% larger.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2014, 11:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

How much is it to get pinions for the 18xx kv motor and where? I have been flying my dominator a lot more since I got it. I would fly the warp more with a little more power.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo23 View Post
How much is it to get pinions for the 18xx kv motor and where? I have been flying my dominator a lot more since I got it. I would fly the warp more with a little more power.
For the love of god... you don't need to go that route. I don't know how else to explain it.

If you want higher headspeed, get the 18T pulley and run it with the 2520-1360... that will give you the pep you get with the high-strung dominator, but still more power.

Pulleys for the 1880 need to be custom made.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post
For the love of god... you don't need to go that route. I don't know how else to explain it.

If you want higher headspeed, get the 18T pulley and run it with the 2520-1360... that will give you the pep you get with the high-strung dominator, but still more power.

Pulleys for the 1880 need to be custom made.
I have to say that I find the HK2520-1360kv lacking in power as well(especially with higher weight setups). It has a fair amount of power but, I would like more(unless my packs are holding it back but, they are 40C Gensace). The 1880kv is considerably more powerful but, the Warps limited gearing makes it not the greatest option. I am thinking about rewinding my 1360kv to try and get some more torque out of it.

Power aside though, the Warp flies amazing. I dont think any other 450 on the market can touch its smoothness and precision in the air.
Tachead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jesus! Am I missing something here? I find the stock motor to be as much power as I can handle.
I use Pulse 1350's. Standard setup with vbar gov.
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know that I don't need more power and can probably never fly my warp to its full potential with the current power set up but the dominator is more fun dominator with that extra power. I'm sure most of us are guilty of overpowering our helicopters just for the fun of it and not actually needing it. If it isn't ridiculously expensive for the pinions I will give it a shot.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo23 View Post
I know that I don't need more power and can probably never fly my warp to its full potential with the current power set up but the dominator is more fun dominator with that extra power. I'm sure most of us are guilty of overpowering our helicopters just for the fun of it and not actually needing it. If it isn't ridiculously expensive for the pinions I will give it a shot.
It's not that the dominator is more powerful (its actually less powerful), its that it is built to run a higher headspeed... all you need is the 18T pulley, not a new motor.

@Tachead, I dont know what you do to your heli, but I cant bog this motor with 13 degrees of pitch. I consistently log bursts of over 1000W and the occasional 1300W+ spike. The 2520-1360 is a beast of a motor.

I do full collective speed runs and even that doesn't bog it... so there has to be something else going on.

I'm using 35C Pulse packs.

The 'speed warp' is getting the 1880 for several reasons ranging from the needed extra head-speed, to compensation for losses from the two stage drive-train... the remaining power will also be needed for 10+ seconds of full collective at 15+ degrees. Nobody is doing that with the stock warp... I've seen people smack the snot out of this heli with the 1360 motor and larger pulley.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: New motor for my Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
Jesus! Am I missing something here? I find the stock motor to be as much power as I can handle.
I use Pulse 1350's. Standard setup with vbar gov.
+1, some people must be doing something wrong,. Vbar gov is amazing
Old 06-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
+1, some people must be doing something wrong,. Vbar gov is amazing
I actually had to de-tune the vbar gov settings. Low gain and zero on Collective Add and Cyclic Add. If I didn't do this then cyclic was just way to quick for me.

I actually preferred the YGE internal gov but I would rather have the consistent HS from the fbl gov.

But Kilo has mad skills and needs that extra power!
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: New motor for my Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconRaygun View Post

@Tachead, I dont know what you do to your heli, but I cant bog this motor with 13 degrees of pitch. I consistently log bursts of over 1000W and the occasional 1300W+ spike. The 2520-1360 is a beast of a motor.

I do full collective speed runs and even that doesn't bog it... so there has to be something else going on.

I'm using 35C Pulse packs.
I am far from an expert pilot(hard sport at best) and barely fly these days but, it will be bog in full collective punch outs and reversals. Only at the lower head speeds however. I dropped it down to the 16 tooth pinion and that helped a bit. So did finding the max governor gain I could run and giving it a bit of overdrive. Keep in mind I am a bit on the heavy side too and running 1600mah packs. Compared to my also on the heavy side Atom 5.5 power by HKIII4020-1100kv/YGE120LVK though my Warp is tame. Am I asking too much of a small heli lol?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Tachead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
it will be bog in full collective punch outs and reversals. Only at the lower head speeds however.
This is normal behavior. The lower you drop the throttle curve and the further outside of the motors efficiency zone you get the more bog you will get. I actually noticed this a lot on my Goblin 500 running a YGE speed controller. It had active freewheel so I would go low on the throttle curve for low HS. The lower I would go the more bog I could observe.

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarset View Post
I actually had to de-tune the vbar gov settings. Low gain and zero on Collective Add and Cyclic Add. If I didn't do this then cyclic was just way to quick for me.

I actually preferred the YGE internal gov but I would rather have the consistent HS from the fbl gov.

But Kilo has mad skills and needs that extra power!
I know mike, I am just going to make it 12s now. That should be enough!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in