Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Warp #2!

I test hovered my second Warp yesterday!

This one is a third hand machine from the original batch. It has been upgraded to a current model with all the newer parts (motor can, thicker tail boom, delrin tail bellcrank mount, etc).

Balance is spot on with the Gens Ace battery pack designed for it.

This on also has a Robird and JR DMSS (via an XG14) and already feels a bit livelier than the other one:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Re: Warp #2!

Sent from my phone
Old 06-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome to the x 2 club
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Warp x 2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	515204  
Old 06-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nicely done sir

Gotta love the Warp
Tachead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

What size Gens Ace is that if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using the gens 1400 packs, and mine balances perfectly with the battery place about 20mm forward on the tray
lowey79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The battery in the photograph is a Gens Ace 6S, 1600 mah.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

And you need that, even with 1600mah balance is so so. Impossible to get cg right with 1400.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
And you need that, even with 1600mah balance is so so. Impossible to get cg right with 1400.
I'm using GA 1400 and my CG is perfect. That said, I'm a little lazy so because I share batteries with my X3, I have the battery carriage tray permanently affixed to my batteries which probably helps. I also run an external BEC which is mounted on the front platform along with my FBL, and esc underneath right up to the front.

So a question for those of you with a second Warp, besides those of you who had a second kit for spare purposes before realizing you'd never really use 95% of the kit as spare parts, what's the reason for having twins over going with a completely different 2nd heli?

Don't get me wrong, I love my Warp and can't see myself ever getting rid of it but I can't seem to find a good enough reason to justify owning another one. The rotting spare kit I get, maintaining and repairing less different brands of helis I get, having a Warp that is operational at all times I sort of get, and having the ability to test different components and compare their performance back-to-back I sort of get. It sounds like I'm trying to convince myself that I need a twin, and there is probably some truth to that, so please feel free to add to the list of reasons. (oh yeah and I forgot the old, "I found a deal too good to pass up" justification and for modders, one for experimentation). Anyway, a little jealous some of you guys have 2 of these, so please convince me I need to do the same

Sorry Ah Clem, I don't mean to sidetrack your thread, but I think it's related. I hope you don't mind a slight deviation. Since these weren't born at the same time, technically they aren't twins, but are they Irish twins?
Old 06-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeRebel View Post
I'm using GA 1400 and my CG is perfect. That said, I'm a little lazy so because I share batteries with my X3, I have the battery carriage tray permanently affixed to my batteries which probably helps. I also run an external BEC which is mounted on the front platform along with my FBL, and esc underneath right up to the front.

So a question for those of you with a second Warp, besides those of you who had a second kit for spare purposes before realizing you'd never really use 95% of the kit as spare parts, what's the reason for having twins over going with a completely different 2nd heli?

Don't get me wrong, I love my Warp and can't see myself ever getting rid of it but I can't seem to find a good enough reason to justify owning another one. The rotting spare kit I get, maintaining and repairing less different brands of helis I get, having a Warp that is operational at all times I sort of get, and having the ability to test different components and compare their performance back-to-back I sort of get. It sounds like I'm trying to convince myself that I need a twin, and there is probably some truth to that, so please feel free to add to the list of reasons. (oh yeah and I forgot the old, "I found a deal too good to pass up" justification and for modders, one for experimentation). Anyway, a little jealous some of you guys have 2 of these, so please convince me I need to do the same

Sorry Ah Clem, I don't mean to sidetrack your thread, but I think it's related. I hope you don't mind a slight deviation. Since these weren't born at the same time, technically they aren't twins, but are they Irish twins?
Magical some get cg right with those light lipos. How do you determine it because it simply can't be?
Old 06-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

"And you need that, even with 1600mah balance is so so. Impossible to get cg right with 1400."

Not exactly right, sir...

My other Warp balances fine with two of the 3S, 1350 mah batteries for the Blade 300X. I just move the batteries quite far forward on the tray.

Both Warps have the extended canopy mount underneath, so that the canopy can be moved forward. I think this helps more than anything.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Ditto!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Mine balances perfectly with the two different packs I have. The long style pack is a PunchRC 6S 1500mAh 65C, and the short style is a Chrome 6S 1300mAh 35C. You can see how each is mounted. The ESC (Castle ICE Lite50) is on the right side near the front, and a WR High Current BEC is under the radio tray. I also have the mount for the canopy installed in the extended position.

This is with the stock tail, aluminum tail control lever mount, and Edge 60mm CF blades. Chinese weights are installed as well.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I can't and I've more electronics on the front + an heavy esc. Weird. Do you actually measure the cg?
I've to place my 1600 2cm to the front.

Friend of mine just finished building and came to the same conclusion.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Holding the ship by the rotor head, so that the blades are perpendicular to the ground seems to work best.

I believe Dave Ketelhut did a short video showing how to do it a while back.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
Holding the ship by the rotor head, so that the blades are perpendicular to the ground seems to work best.

I believe Dave Ketelhut did a short video showing how to do it a while back.
+1

I do it this way for both my helis.

Though on a new build or with different batts, I will lift the heli by the head as it sits upright, just to check if the CG is in the ballpark. Then I will do it as you described, and as it shows in the vid, for a more accurate measurement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
You go way further than I do for CG ... lol ... don't get too hung up. I've seen guys go nuts with their pitch guages when trying to adjust their collective and cyclic pitch and drive themselves mad.

I use the same method that Dave Ketelhut and many other team pilots use:

Dave Ketelhut Talks COG Compass Warp360 - YouTube
Old 06-13-2014, 10:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I balance mine as per the vid... With Gens 1400 packs mounted 2cm forward, compass esc inside the frame, vortex nano and spektrum sat mounted on the tray, it balances perfectly. Oh, and im running the canopy in the stock location.
lowey79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Sorry Ah Clem, I don't mean to sidetrack your thread, but I think it's related. I hope you don't mind a slight deviation."

I don't mind a bit.

To answer your question as to why a second one-I liked the first one so much I wanted another one.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah OK that explains it. Wondering what was going on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in