Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is there a wiki for the endless fount of knowledge here? (Yes, EFlightWiki.com)

It seems like there's an awful lot of important information here being lost to the forum churn as there's no central repository for all of it. Even the stickied threads are an effort to wade through to get to the important, recent info (e.g., how much current do the 3-in-1 and servos draw on their own).

The usual answer to this problem is a wiki, but I don't see any obvious links to a HeliFreak wiki and Google turns up nothing. I do see an EfliteWiki; however, it's not particularly up-to-date, and the activity level is low. That said, it wouldn't require an overwhelming amount of effort to bring it up to date.

The important question, then, is do the folks here (especially those with the knowledge) mind some of that information making its way to a 3rd-party wiki? If not, is there a more acceptable alternative available?
Spektrum DX7s

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 04-09-2012 at 08:43 PM..
GeneralAntilles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would love a Brushless Wiki, but I just do not have the spare time to put into it!

I would be more than willing to add to and update it after it gets started though, as time would allow.

Sure would help with my E-mail volume!

Dylan
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK, I'm going to go ahead and run with the EfliteWiki if there are no objections. I've started in on cleaning up and updating the existing mCP X article. Going to starting splitting it off into separate pages as it expands. Hopefully have the outline for aftermarket parts and upgrades done by the end of next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
I would be more than willing to add to and update it after it gets started though, as time would allow.

Sure would help with my E-mail volume!
Let me know if there are any specific non-obvious questions you'd like addressed in the wiki..
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
OK, I'm going to go ahead and run with the EfliteWiki if there are no objections. I've started in on cleaning up and updating the existing mCP X article. Going to starting splitting it off into separate pages as it expands. Hopefully have the outline for aftermarket parts and upgrades done by the end of next week.

Let me know if there are any specific non-obvious questions you'd like addressed in the wiki..
Really a great initiative! I'm sure everyone in the community will contribute. I sure will!
sskaug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in! I just need to know how to add to the page.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
I'm in! I just need to know how to add to the page.
The EFlightWiki is running MediaWiki (the software that drives Wikipedia). Wikipedia's getting started page for editing is a decent place to start for the basics. Anonymous editing seems to be turned off on the EFlightWiki, so you'll need to register an account to start editing.
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unless you guys want a dedicated domain and hosting setup for a brushless wiki or a dedicated MCPx wiki.

I run a web hosting company. Give me a +1 if you would prefer a dedicated site and I will set it up with MediaWiki for all to edit. Or, let me know if you disagree... just offering :-)
Old 04-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whatever you guys want to start that are "in the know" want to develop, would be really cool. Just let this old man with a bit of experience doing conversion know how I can kick in and I would love to do so.. I'm a bit tech retarted and if what I have to add is rubbish, so be it!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
Unless you guys want a dedicated domain and hosting setup for a brushless wiki or a dedicated MCPx wiki.

I run a web hosting company. Give me a +1 if you would prefer a dedicated site and I will set it up with MediaWiki for all to edit. Or, let me know if you disagree... just offering :-)
you get my +1 for sure
tommeke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm going to wait to see what GeneralAntilles thinks.

If he says go I will set it all up tonight. I would love to get this rolling to give back to the community the best way i know how.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
I'm going to wait to see what GeneralAntilles thinks.

If he says go I will set it all up tonight. I would love to get this rolling to give back to the community the best way i know how.
Well, we've got an existing wiki at EFlightWiki with content, contributors, and infrastructure targetting the niche we're after. Starting another seems like purposeless fragmentation and a needless burden on you unless there's a pressing reason EFlightWiki isn't a workable choice.

My vote is to stick with what's already in place and working (MediaWiki administration and maintenance sucks) unless we run into an insurmountable roadblock. :shrug:
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

roger that
Old 04-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was also thinking a flow chart might be nice, kind of like what Powercroco has for magnet/stator combo's in motors for different winding schemes. http://www.powerditto.de/Kombinationstabelle.html
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Started an aftermarket parts page. Looking to make it a summary of the important aftermarket parts, what purpose they serve, recommendations/avoidances, and general tips and tricks regarding specific parts.

I'd love to get some pictures for the head assemblies of each of the 3 major brands (RKH, Microheli, Xtreme). I can get one of the red RKH, but my Microheli head setup has taken a bit of a beating. No cellphone shots, though.
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Started a brushless upgrade page, too. Going to need some serious help from those with more experience as it starts getting properly fleshed out. I'm a bit of a neophyte with the brushless hop-ups.
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put a table for the headspeed information with different motor/pinion combinations. Is there anybody who can fill out the rest of it?
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 for thread, might pitch in as well

I wish the days lasted longer so i could spend more time in the air dreaming and making the dream come true!
southwind is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anybody got any information about the C05S tail motor? Looking for more information about the various tail options available.

In fact, if anybody has any information to contribute for the Choosing the Parts section under the mCP X brushless page it'd be very appreciated.
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also: v1, v2, and v3 tail rotors. I informally consider the current, longer tail rotors to be "v2" rotors since they come with the mCP X 2. However, I usually see them referred to as "v3" rotors. Can I get some clarification here?
Spektrum DX7s
Old 04-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

GA,

Its actually the whole tail assembly thats referred to as V1, V2, and V3. You are right in reference to there only being a V1 and V2 tail rotorx

V1 - Old style matte finish prop (V1), no cage on tail motor

V2 - Old style matte finish prop (V1), cage protection on tail motor

V3 - New shiny style prop (V2), cage protection on tail motor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in