Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pricing

Is it just me or has Blade gone over the top with their pricing models?
I thought $179 for the MCPX was a decent price point. But $379 for a Blade 300? How about $600 for a flybarred 500? And $900 for a FBL 500? Give me a break! I paid $740 for my T-Rex 550E 3GX v2!

I have 5 Blade helis, all were OK as far as price I guess. But knowing their build quality, I just can't see how they justify such a high price for their newest models.
MeatRocket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

313.89 through ampdraw seems like a good deal for the 300x, have to consider the price of the Beastx alone is quite a bit of change, add that to a fully 3d capable heli(hopefully) and i will buy one no questions asked
Old 05-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahajrp View Post
313.89 through ampdraw seems like a good deal for the 300x, have to consider the price of the Beastx alone is quite a bit of change, add that to a fully 3d capable heli(hopefully) and i will buy one no questions asked
Yes, yes...I know the price through Ampdraw. I asked about Blade's pricing scheme. Unfortunately, there will be people who go to their local HobbyTown USA and pick one up for MSRP. That just shows Blade that they can sell it for that price.

Given the quality-price ratio, I just don't see how they can justify their models being higher in price than Align's. Not saying Align is the best deal going, just that it's better than Blade.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

300X pricing seems about right, considering it has the AR7200BX in it.

The Blade and Trex seem to have very similar MSRP to each other, and the street prices for both are also similar from what I've been able to see. Look at the Blade prices on ampdraw. The 300x for $313? Similar to the street price of a Trex 250 after you put the 3gx on it..

Also, remember the Blades come already assembled, which the Trex do not.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
300X pricing seems about right, considering it has the AR7200BX in it.

The Blade and Trex seem to have very similar MSRP to each other, and the street prices for both are also similar from what I've been able to see. Look at the Blade prices on ampdraw. The 300x for $313? Similar to the street price of a Trex 250 after you put the 3gx on it..

Also, remember the Blades come already assembled, which the Trex do not.
+1, this has already been discussed. The heli it self is only about 140 after you take away the 240 from the AR700BX, this really is worth what it is priced for.

If your gonna talk about pricing try to build a new trex 250 with a ar7200bx, its gonna cost around $500 and not be really any better then the 300x.
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I pre-ordered my 300X for $325 so if you take off the $240 for the AR7200BX you are only paying $85 for the complete helicopter, servos, esc, motor, battery, and charger. I don't know how you can consider that pricing to be over the top...It's actually dirt cheap considering what you are getting.....I would agree that the 500 X pricing seems a bit high but no one has flown one or put their paws on it so it really is hard to say what you are getting with this yet....
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess I am missing something here.

If I look at TRex250 Super Combo pricing, I am seeing prices in the $370 range. That's roughly what I bought mine for a couple of years ago. It does come with two sets of blades, one plastic, one carbon which is a plus! I am not sure what the current lowest price is, but on a nominal search that price above looks pretty typical.

Now to this you need to add a receiver, and at least one battery pack, and some type of charger. I'll grant the Blade 300X charger isn't anything to get excited about, but if someone is moving up from a mCPX, they probably would need a 3s type charger.

So in the end we are comparing a flybarred 250 heli for ~$425+ to a fbl 300 for ~$320.

I'll note the TRex250 does come with issues--just search "tail" in that forum and plan to spend some time reading! I replaced the GP780 gyro with a Quark, but won't include that in the comparison.

We don't know what will be the 300X issues, but I can surmise major complaints will probably be the servos and maybe the wooden blades (or the cost of the carbon blades). But as I and others have pointed out, in the end you still have a AR7200BX.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I built a flybarless Trex250 with microbeast, good motor, good ESC, and oem servo's and it was North of $600.

I sold all of it just so I could purchase the 300x through ampdraw for $320. It's a steal and had faster servo's, a similar ESC and more powerful motor. I win
Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
I built a flybarless Trex250 with microbeast, good motor, good ESC, and oem servo's and it was North of $600.

I sold all of it just so I could purchase the 300x through ampdraw for $320. It's a steal and had faster servo's, a similar ESC and more powerful motor. I win
I guess I don't understand why you would have done this....How much did you get for the T-rex setup?
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The price of a nice FBL T250 with the microbeast controller cost me around $800 all said and done. It had better servos, esc, etc than the 300 X will, but I bet the 300 X will fly as good at minimum, and I actually expect even better.

I think the 300 X price is fair (and in this industry, actually good) 130 X and 500 X are * definitely * overpriced though.

In the end, the worth is equal to what people are willing to pay and nothing more. It make * some * sense to charge what they're charging for the 130 X because it will likely be the * best * in it's class size, but the 500 X is on the high end all things considered. They're offering nothing innovative here based on what I've seen.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I'll just have to wait (the release date keeps slipping so waiting is a requirement instead of an option anyway) until a newb gets one and sells it cheap because "this heli is just too much for me". We see it all the time & I'm sure it'll be no different with the 300X.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatRocket View Post
I think I'll just have to wait (the release date keeps slipping so waiting is a requirement instead of an option anyway) until a newb gets one and sells it cheap because "this heli is just too much for me". We see it all the time & I'm sure it'll be no different with the 300X.
I would'nt bet on that, I have yet to see a 450X for sale because a newb as you put it could not handle it.

The Ar7200BX will make a hell of a difference to the way it flies, just needs dialling in right.
retired to the black bin bag!!

Flying_Amp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Amp View Post
I would'nt bet on that, I have yet to see a 450X for sale because a newb as you put it could not handle it.

The Ar7200BX will make a hell of a difference to the way it flies, just needs dialling in right.
Hmmm....Maybe you just haven't been looking for one?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=450x
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...highlight=450x
Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I parted it out so not really sure. I would say I probably lost about $100-$125 from what I originally paid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in