Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyrobot 900 questions

Hey I have a chance to pick up a gyrobot 900 from a friend who never used it I was trying to do some reading on how hard they are to set up but my searches dont come up with to much

I am wondering if I can use this on my t-rex 600 nitro WITH flybar?

the reason I ask is in there manual it gives setup guidlines for a flybarless bird with 600 blades I will eventually upgrade this heli to flybarless but just wanted to get comfy with the gyrobot first...

I wish there were more people using it or posting about it,
t-rex250
2004play is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

Sorry no experience with this system, manual states it will work for most helis electric and nitro and can be used with flybar as well. A few postings here and there. Hope someone will chime in for you.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=136633

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=191909

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=150373

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=122165

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=976739&page=9
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

from what I read this seems complicated to set up and not many people are using it or posting about it.....

Wondering if the SK720 would be a better option and just switch to flybarless.

Is it true flybarless has more power YET more stable?

would it be easyier to learn basic 3D with flybarless vs flybared?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to get a grasp on what works best
t-rex250
Old 05-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what I hear the SK720 is not yet finalized, I think they had to disable the stabilization side of it due to some problem. Not sure whether they are being shipped at the moment.

From the level of your questions I would suggest you take into consideration the Helicommand Rigid as well.

In considering a system you need to be clear on the direction you want to take.

Fly-bar-less does have more power and under the correct circumstance is more stable. I don't think it will make any difference in the learning of basic 3D, but fly-bar-less is the way forward.

To learn basic 3D you need a good simulator and a reliable stabilization system on your heli to use as bailout/safety-net.

Hope that helps
Old 05-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pril250 View Post
From what I hear the SK720 is not yet finalized, I think they had to disable the stabilization side of it due to some problem. Not sure whether they are being shipped at the moment.Yes looks backordered for another week

From the level of your questions I would suggest you take into consideration the Helicommand Rigid as well. I was under the impression these only work so may feet off the ground?

In considering a system you need to be clear on the direction you want to take.FF inverted is the direction I really wanna take no I have a co-pilot on the way but I would like something that dont have so many things hanging off the heli...just for looks if you know what I mean

Fly-bar-less does have more power and under the correct circumstance is more stable. I don't think it will make any difference in the learning of basic 3D, but fly-bar-less is the way forward.thats what I was thinking from what I have been reading the SK720 will be the one with the most options and good pricing if they activate all the options

To learn basic 3D you need a good simulator and a reliable stabilization system on your heli to use as bailout/safety-net. Im ok on the sim but have no bells at the field must also note Im really the only heli flyer there so I have no help no motivation

Hope that helps
Yes you have been a great help
t-rex250
Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

From the level of your questions I would suggest you take into consideration the Helicommand Rigid as well. I was under the impression these only work so may feet off the ground?

You are right the position mode only works a few feet from the ground based on a CCD sensor but the main function of balancing ie bringing the heli back to level flight works at any height based on a three axis gyro.

From what I hear the SK720 is not yet finalized, I think they had to disable the stabilization side of it due to some problem. Not sure whether they are being shipped at the moment.Yes looks backordered for another week

I agree it will be an excellent system once all the gremlins are ironed out and it is shipped fully tested and operational.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

so really position mode has nothing to do with what Im looking for

what I want is something I can activate to help me get composed to try whatever I was doing again.. So the only difference between the 3D and the Rigid Is the Rigid will do flybarless is that correct?

Also the grey main unit where would that be mounted lets say on a t-rex 600?
I guess im wondering if it has to point a certain way (this end down) lol

Can I ask if you are using or have used anything from the HC line?
and if so was it easy enough to figure out how to program?
t-rex250
Old 05-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004play View Post
so really position mode has nothing to do with what Im looking for correct

what I want is something I can activate to help me get composed to try whatever I was doing again.. So the only difference between the 3D and the Rigid Is the Rigid will do flybarless is that correct? correct

Also the grey main unit where would that be mounted lets say on a t-rex 600?
I guess im wondering if it has to point a certain way (this end down) lol Yes anyway

Can I ask if you are using or have used anything from the HC line?
and if so was it easy enough to figure out how to program?
I am using CPII on my TRex600NSP and Flymentor on my Blade400. Flymentor is suppose to be a lesser HC clone but works the same. Both are not that easy to figure out, for someone who asks that question, but doable, forum help always available
Old 05-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you happy with the cpII? how do you have it set up as a bail out switch ON/OFF?

also have you tryed it in the inverted mode?

I am looking forward to the challenge of installing it I was going to put it on my 450 but since you have it on your 600 I might just try it on that one first
t-rex250
Old 05-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I am happy with my CPII? good question, flown with it about 10-15 flights, at the beginning before they updated the software it wouldn't activate here in the UK due to overcast skys and exteremly low temperature differentials.

After the V1.40 update, and as the weather improved it was better. I used it about five flights so far. It only worked well on one flight and then it worked like a dream, I think the field I fly in has only one little area where it works well, have to try there again. The last time I tried to use it again,in a different part of the same field, I spent a whole tank of fuel trying to trim the angles and it drove me so crazy I had to give up if I wanted to fly some. luckily my T-Rex600NSP is so perfectly dialled in that I enjoy flying it even with no stabilization.

So I think it is a matter of luck whether your climate and flight location are suitable and compatible. I haven't been so lucky but I will keep trying. I know from this forum tens of guys are using it to perfection so I think I am the odd one out here.

I haven't tried in inverted flight but I hear it works well no problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in