Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pyro series motors and Jeti Mezon esc compatibility

I am currently looking at equipment for a new heli. I have nothing but great experiences with the Kontronik ESCs but have never had any experience with Kontronik motors. I am about 95%sure I am going to use a Jeti Mezon ESC in this build and was wondering if anyone had any experience using the MEZON ESCs in combination with Pyro series of motors and what are the positive/negative experiences with this combination.

Because the pyro series are usually 14 pole motors some ESCs outside the Kontronik's family do not play well with the Pyro motors and I am just trying to see if I can even consider using the Jeti Mezon ESC.
pcskyhi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2014, 02:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The experiences are about fifty-fifty..

The 14 poles are not the problem. JETI had and still seems to have some problems w/ their firmware.

(Personally I have absolutely zero experience. Just reading in German forums.)

Last rumors are: They will not continue development of the MEZON line. They have an ESC of the KOSMIK class in plan. (Somebody in the German forum RCH claimed that. He said that the German distributor Hacker have told him that. - Do not recall it exactly. May be he said that JETI itself told him that..)

Most reported problems are mystical cut-offs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muzcerZjdks
T-Rex 700dfc mit hacker turnado und jeti mezon 135 (3 min 58 sec)
Old 04-27-2014, 05:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskyhi View Post
I am currently looking at equipment for a new heli. I have nothing but great experiences with the Kontronik ESCs but have never had any experience with Kontronik motors. I am about 95%sure I am going to use a Jeti Mezon ESC in this build and was wondering if anyone had any experience using the MEZON ESCs in combination with Pyro series of motors and what are the positive/negative experiences with this combination.

Because the pyro series are usually 14 pole motors some ESCs outside the Kontronik's family do not play well with the Pyro motors and I am just trying to see if I can even consider using the Jeti Mezon ESC.
If you are planning to use the Mezon internal governor, just don't do it because it is really bad.
When used with an external gov like Vbar has the Mezon is very good.
I switched from Vbar to Vortex and thought I would get way with the Mezon gov since the Vortex does not have an e-gov yet. However the Mezon reacts so badly to load changes that the tail tends too loose all grip when large pitch and/or cyclic is applied. For scale heli's it might work but for 3D it behaves very badly.
Btw my findings are based on the latest 1.27 firmware, cannot say anything about earlier versions.
So, external gov is top but internal gov is flop.
Since I really want to test the Vortex more, I decided to swap the Mezon for a Kosmik combined with Jlog2.6. With this all the telemetry is still there and only remote programming though the Tx is gone.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dekker View Post
If you are planning to use the Mezon internal governor, just don't do it because it is really bad.
When used with an external gov like Vbar has the Mezon is very good.
I switched from Vbar to Vortex and thought I would get way with the Mezon gov since the Vortex does not have an e-gov yet. However the Mezon reacts so badly to load changes that the tail tends too loose all grip when large pitch and/or cyclic is applied. For scale heli's it might work but for 3D it behaves very badly.
Btw my findings are based on the latest 1.27 firmware, cannot say anything about earlier versions.
So, external gov is top but internal gov is flop.
Since I really want to test the Vortex more, I decided to swap the Mezon for a Kosmik combined with Jlog2.6. With this all the telemetry is still there and only remote programming though the Tx is gone.
I currently utilize a Jeri Mezon in my SAB Goblin 500 and my experience has been totally opposite of yours. My internal gov has been spot on. My only concern is utilizing it with the Kontronik pyro series 14 pole motors that apparently don't play nice with all ESCs.

on this particular 700 project I do intend on using the V bar gov though.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

At least the Germans did not report any problem by this motor and by 14-pole motors generally. One of them complained that he experiences cut-offs in gov mode whereas in non-gov mode everything is ok - apart from rpm.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

PM Rockarruda. He's running a pyro 750 with a Mezon 135.
He has experienced issues but has adjusted timing and other parameters and is working OK now. BTW, even some jives are experiencing problems with the new 14 pole motors. Read the massive vibration thread above.
seefest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2014, 11:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

seefest, thanks for the information. Over the last couple of days I have been looking at other motors. The X-Nova (formally Xera) XTS series has caught my attention. I have Xeras and they have been awesome. The particular X-Nova I am looking at XTS 4530-480 pretty much matches up with the pyro 750-500 completion I was looking at except for weight, pyro is lighter. other than being lighter it is hard to justify the cost difference. $395.00 for the X-Nova vs $649.00 for the Kontronik.
Kontronik is not totally out yet but is starting to fade fast into the dark corner of my mind.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
seefest, thanks for the information. Over the last couple of days I have been looking at other motors. The X-Nova (formally Xera) XTS series has caught my attention. I have Xeras and they have been awesome. The particular X-Nova I am looking at XTS 4530-480 pretty much matches up with the pyro 750-500 completion I was looking at except for weight, pyro is lighter. other than being lighter it is hard to justify the cost difference. $395.00 for the X-Nova vs $649.00 for the Kontronik.
Kontronik is not totally out yet but is starting to fade fast into the dark corner of my mind.
The cost difference is one is made in Asia and the other is made in Germany.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
PM Rockarruda. He's running a pyro 750 with a Mezon 135.
He has experienced issues but has adjusted timing and other parameters and is working OK now. BTW, even some jives are experiencing problems with the new 14 pole motors. Read the massive vibration thread above.

My Kosmik 160 driving my 14 pole Pyro 800-48 is working beautifully. It is smooth at 1200, 1650, 2000, 2100, and 2300 rpm head speeds that I've used so far.

The Pyro 650-103 is a 10 pole motor, and the Jive 100LV has issues driving it governed in mode 4 with stock settings as evidenced by both my pair and a friends pair of Jive 100LV's and Pyro 650-103's. With RPM control changes the Jive 100LV drives the 650-103 smoothly.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pyro series motors and Jeti Mezon esc compatibility

Quote:

If you come the the OK city funfly you can see some xnova' s in action.

Team aircapitalheli.com
Twill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in