Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 02:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
I'm not arguing. I'm just saying we shouldn't attempt to bend the learning curve and rely on this magical save me switch. It's a great idea, I'd just hate to see someone attempting to perform a maneuver way out of their ability and possibly hurting someone even with the bailout function installed. I see this as a very valid concern! Like I said, I liked seeing the helicommand in person as well as the skookum and new also align system, but let's not put all our trust in them.

(Sorry for my horrible typing, just had procedure done amd pain pills killing my typing)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Well I've had a tail blow out 15 metres away that started flying towards the pits and trying to catch the Heli put it flying towards me instead and it crashed 2 metres from where I was standing. If I had a hc3sx unit or some other stabilization system I could flick the switch and the Heli would be stable and climbing no where near me or the pits. I think it increases safety and most certainly does decrease the learning curve a great deal.

Last edited by Sambuka; 07-25-2012 at 08:48 AM..
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
As with many other things in life.. they are only as good as the person using them.
True, and that is what I was pointing to more or less. I'm fairly new, started flying Spring 2011. Several months ago I had a tail blow out on a 700E. I momentarily froze when the heli ended up over my head vertical. I froze and didn't want to risk hitting the guys behind me so I let it tail slide into the ground 5 feet from where I was standing. I locked up so bad I didn't even hit TH.... I know this is just one scenario but if I would have had the helicommand there may have been a chance to save it if I would have gotten to the switch in time. (Just using HC as example since I know its basic properties next). However, the HC would have still possibly carried momentum and could have still hit someone or went into the quarry. The Align system, atleast has a gps to get you back to point A eliminating the concern the helicommand raises to me. It's cool and it's the now and future and I do hope it helps people learn quicker and safer.

aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

A 700E going in 5 feet from you wow that would probably scare me out of this hobby for good. Glad you were ok.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuka View Post
A 700E going in 5 feet from you wow that would probably scare me out of this hobby for good. Glad you were ok.
It did scare me! A fellow HF member was standing next to and ran as I froze. I have gone back and thought about what I could have done to save it. Unfortunately, there was a 50/50 shot at either saving it or sending it into 15 fellow pilots. I decided to just let it crash. I literally was looking straight up at it as it came down vertically over my head tail first. I'll find some pics!

Old 07-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found pictures! I really killed the frames! Somehow, the battery survived!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343233852733.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	335131   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343233877375.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	335132   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343233897191.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	335133   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1343233922473.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	335134  
Old 07-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Geez that sure destroyed itself reminds me of my trex 500EFL when she went in basically destroyed itself rekit. I know what you mean about think you can save it but having a chance of putting it into others or yourself. The 450 tail blow out I had I could of caught it at the last second but I knew it wasn't going to hit me just crash at my feet, if I tried to save it there was a chance of it hitting me so just let it fall in. Costs a lot less to repair these things that a hospital visit.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuka View Post
Geez that sure destroyed itself reminds me of my trex 500EFL when she went in basically destroyed itself rekit. I know what you mean about think you can save it but having a chance of putting it into others or yourself. The 450 tail blow out I had I could of caught it at the last second but I knew it wasn't going to hit me just crash at my feet, if I tried to save it there was a chance of it hitting me so just let it fall in. Costs a lot less to repair these things that a hospital visit.
Yep! I looked at the cp2 and now kinda want to try one with my cgy750! Ill need to so some research, but I kinda want to try one now!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in