Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default OK so what do I need

ive been reading and reading and im just getting more and more confused.

I need some flight stabilization to use on a FBL heli.

Id like it to hover very close to stationary (altitude doesn't matter so much but would be nice)

Its for my AV rig so it needs to be reliable and ideally not effected buy anything.

I can fly well but i want it as a back up when using FPV and to make some manures smoother and easyer to pull off. Also so ill have more control when my heli is far away and harder to see (high hover for example)

Can anyone recommend anything? I can't afford the ace one. The flyMentor doesn't work with FBL i don't think. CP2 can act funny around trees? not sure if i trust that but im not sure.

what else is there and whats the best for my situation?
Bodge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Best : Align APS system built for photo guys/FPV like yourself requires use of 3gx fbl unit and costs $650-680,has bailout with position hold, auto levels, holds position via gps, returns to home via gps. Allows you to take off while drinking cola and eat lunch while flying.

Helicommand Hc3sx unit is more for 3d with the best bailout system on the market for 3d flying, levels inverted or upright and climbs. Has horizontal mode as well which turns Heli into auto leveling mode and makes the Heli fly very stable like a coaxial Heli. But doesn't do position hold.

Skookum 720 fbl unit, similar to hc3sx but hates vibs and doesn't climb during bailout but has an up coming gps module to be released perhaps in a few months which may be awesome.

MSH brain : about to be released cheap $250 has built in stabilization nobody has much info on it though , unit should be available in 2 weeks I think.

Last edited by Sambuka; 07-19-2012 at 07:34 PM..
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

CP2 with HD module (around $250) will do both bailout function quicker than any other system out there and altitude hold. It won't do true position hold like GPS equipped systems, but if trimmed properly it won't drift much with SL activated and it will hold the altitude with barometric sensor.

Trees are a relative thing and yes they will affect CP2's IR sensors but only if they're really close (less than 20-30m) and you want stabilization at very low altitude. Close-up skyscrapers are even worse . A bit higher up trees have no effect.

Heavily overcast weather will disable CP2, but it typically holds up fine for as long as there are patches of blue sky.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in