Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Brushless Tail Motor??

Is there going to be a brushless tail motor for this bird? I would love to see that happen so I wont have to worry about excess current draw from tail motors or even replacing tail motors anymore. Anyone want to ask oversky to make a smaller brushless motor? haha

2010 wr250r/x supermoto
unit3890 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit3890 View Post
Is there going to be a brushless tail motor for this bird? I would love to see that happen so I wont have to worry about excess current draw from tail motors or even replacing tail motors anymore. Anyone want to ask oversky to make a smaller brushless motor? haha
hp02t works really fine on nano brushless setup
vadafer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah i know about the hp02t but I was hoping for something smaller like a hp01t haha. A 1amp esc would also be great so not too much weight is added.

2010 wr250r/x supermoto
Old 12-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah i know about the hp02t but I was hoping for something smaller like a hp01t haha. A 1amp esc would also be great so not too much weight is added.
3.5A supermicro esc is less than a gram...
vadafer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

dang that is small. Can you flash it with BLHeli?

2010 wr250r/x supermoto
Old 12-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
so far I tested 4 BL tail motors on my double-BL 16600 kv HP03SEP main.
Tail ESC: Supermicro 3.5 A, 300 mAh batteries, mCP x plugs.

HP02t: worst; does not work at all with "small" tail rotors (stock, KBDD, Xtwin), but works perfectly with RRC/Plantraco tail rotor.
Hextronik 2 g: Similar performance as HP02t with Plantraco/RRC rotor; better performance with small tail rotors (but still no good performance with small rotors); for one HP02t you will get 3 - 4 Hextronik 2 g...

Those motors seem to have too low kv values (< 8000 kv) for the small tail rotors. I run 80 gov on main (mode setup in BL heli) and tried to make a throttle curve in f-mode (100-...25...-100) to improve tail performance with the small rotors; but no effect at all.

So I tried (and will stay ) two 12000 kv tail motors: Hawk 12000 and Hobbyking 12000.

And, what a big surprise:
Both of those motors work perfectly with "small tail rotors" (I used KBDD).
OK, they are about 1 g heavier than HP02t and Hextronik 2g, but:
- big tail rotor looks ugly in my eyes on the tiny Nano
- you can use a normal, short tail rod, do not have to make it longer (otherwise the RRC/Plantraco prop can touch main blades) - so little lighter
- you do not have to use a big tail fin (so little lighter)
- small tail rotors are also little lighter than the big ones.

All in all its only a very slight weight penalty (if any), <<< 1 g.

I weighed the tail rotors:

KBDD: 0.22 g
Walkera 4g3/4b120: 0.38 g
Plantraco/RRC: 0.41 g
Xtwin: 0.28 g
Nano stock tailrotor: 0.14 g

I know now, which motor I will use for tail in my strong BL Nanos - for sure not HP02t.
I do not see any advantage of HP02t; its expensive and weak...
If Hobbyking 12000 would be in stock again soon, it would be the perfect motor - Hawk 12000 is far more expensive.

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice testing Walter! I suggest you try the MiniCP rotor though. It is a little longer, has more pitch and does not flatten out at high speeds like the stock one. Only .02g heavier to boot. I found the xtwin and kbdd tail rotors to have too much overshoot on stops, is this a issue with blheli tail?

I should rewind my hp02t to about 14000kv, I just need to get my hands on some wire. Should work with the small props quite well. I was wondering if rotating mass in the bell/magnets had much effect on tail performance? I understand that damped mode slows the tail faster, but I think a lighter bell would help? Also maybe get up to target speed faster, depending on load of course. I am also wondering if the bell on the Hawk ends up being lighter that the hp02t, dues to only having 6 magnets. Guess I should get a BL setup for my Nano before thinking about this too much.
motoracer5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
I havent been able to find replacement shafts for the hp02t either. If anyone can let me know where they can be bought, I'd like to repair the one I have gathering dust in my parts bin
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I havent been able to find replacement shafts for the hp02t either. If anyone can let me know where they can be bought, I'd like to repair the one I have gathering dust in my parts bin
After confirmation by mail, that they have them in stock I ordered spare shafts for HP02T at oversky's online-shop. Just put an order for this HP03T shaft and during further process in the comment box add the information, that you need HP02T shafts instead. I don't know why they don't put it in the shop as separated article, but the mentioned procedure worked well for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in