Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion

KDS Helicopters General Discussion KDS Helicopters General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yah and I can see pink in the air.... Cool huh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Looks real nice GhostFlyer1!!!
cyjonz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question 450-SD or BD

Hi, I'm totally new to heli flying, been into it for just 6 months & have only progressed to a Double Horse 9104 which really sucks!! Remote Control seems to be a rough guide to where it goes. I'm looking at getting a KDS 450, either BD or SD. Anyone have any suggestions as to which? Reading your thread this model sounds pretty awesome.
Dustyrocker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyrocker View Post
Hi, I'm totally new to heli flying, been into it for just 6 months & have only progressed to a Double Horse 9104 which really sucks!! Remote Control seems to be a rough guide to where it goes. I'm looking at getting a KDS 450, either BD or SD. Anyone have any suggestions as to which? Reading your thread this model sounds pretty awesome.
For myself I was looking at the 450 SD but decided to go with the 450 BD my 2 Trex 450's are belt drives so I decided to stay with the belt. I really like the looks of the KDS and the guys here will tell you they are as good as any. Unfortunately I don't have one yet because they are out of stock right now. So I am patiently waiting. Were you thinking of an ARF or a kit without electronics and fitting it with the electronics of your choice? I know the guys on here who have KDS will have some good suggestions for you. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #45 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default KDS 450SD

Quote:
I have a 450SD which I do like a lot, but if I did it again, I'd get the BD because it seems that with even the most minor scrape, I'm replacing tail gears.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your feedback, I think I'll go with the BD in that case. I'll be going with the ARF as I don't really have the expertise to build my own, as much fun as it sounds.
Dustyrocker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #47 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default KDS 450SD

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback, I think I'll go with the BD in that case. I'll be going with the ARF as I don't really have the expertise to build my own, as much fun as it sounds.
Building a kit isn't actually as hard as you might think it to be, especially if you're prepared to take your time. I've had to take apart my trusty old 450SD so many times to fix things I broke that I figured I could do a kit, so I built a Logo 500SE and it really wasn't that hard - especially with this site as a resource. It's been tremendously satisfying. Just a thought anyway. Enjoy your new bird, whichever route you take!

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Big Island Guy is right a kit is not that hard to put together and in the long run you will have a better bird and know a lot more about it. There is plenty of help on here if you run into a jam.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
You realize that after it is built it wont fit in that case... but the case is handy for carrying some spares it gears, blades tail booms and extra shafts ... and tools

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in