Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default extreme 180 motor install problem

after installing the extreme 180 motors my blade CX2 just spins uncontrollably and strips my gear.
porsche930 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Let's start with the basics -

Is the motor with the pinion gear closest to the motor installed on the left hand side - let's call it "driver's side" to prevent confusion ?

If so - are the wires on the motors plugged in to the correct port on the 4 in 1 ?
( should be labeled if I remember correctly )...If not and if in doubt - the top blades should be turning clock wise and the bottom blades counter clock wise so - if they're not - switch the two motor leads and see if that corrects...

Are the connectors on the wires from the motors plugged in with the correct polarity - this is marked on the 4 in 1 with a tiny + and - symbol and the red wire on the connector needs to go to the positive side..

I would think one of these scenarios should correct the problem - if not - chime back in...

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits
blade-man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade-man View Post
Is the motor with the pinion gear closest to the motor installed on the left hand side - let's call it "driver's side" to prevent confusion ?

If so - are the wires on the motors plugged in to the correct port on the 4 in 1 ?
( should be labeled if I remember correctly )...If not and if in doubt - the top blades should be turning clock wise and the bottom blades counter clock wise so - if they're not - switch the two motor leads and see if that corrects...

Are the connectors on the wires from the motors plugged in with the correct polarity - this is marked on the 4 in 1 with a tiny + and - symbol and the red wire on the connector needs to go to the positive side..

I would think one of these scenarios should correct the problem - if not - chime back in...
I agree with the motor wires plugged into the wrong places on the 3 in 1. This will cause an uncontrollable spin, but if I'm not mistaken, the upper rotor blades rotate counter clockwise, and the lower lower blades rotate clockwise. They rotate opposite of the direction of the rudder movement.
whirlydude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 11:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default 180's

Everything is plugged in correctly. The heli
looks like It has so much power it spins real fast and in a complete circle. Polarity is correct and motor is mounted correctly
Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default also

I added new extreme blade grips, new blades and new swashplate but everything looks installed correctly. It was flying perfectly before I made the changes. Also a shorter flybar all by extreme
Old 02-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you try switching the motor wires on the 4 in 1? Keep the same polarity just switch the wire positions to see if it helps. It won't hurt anything when you do switch them around. Is the rudder trim centered on the tx?
whirlydude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in