Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I even bought the mount itself form them too, so it can't be unsupported.
tmsn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very good point! They know that everybody is using them on the 130x. I'm sure they will send new ones out as replacements,but its going to be from the same batch.. Maybe some of us will receive one that works right.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope so. They come with a 1 year warranty, but I really hope I don't need to warranty all of them until I find 1 that might work.

The good news is the call back option is offered right away now. Hopefully they call before I need to head out.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
I hope so. They come with a 1 year warranty, but I really hope I don't need to warranty all of them until I find 1 that might work.

The good news is the call back option is offered right away now. Hopefully they call before I need to head out.
Call back option is great, but i have been waiting for over a hr now for one.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris g. View Post
Call back option is great, but i have been waiting for over a hr now for one.
Wait time is currently 1hr 7 minutes. If you hit 0 before connecting to product support, you can ask what it is.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 04-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Wait time is currently 1hr 7 minutes. If you hit 0 before connecting to product support, you can ask what it is.
They called me back and said there is no fix for what's going on with the DS35. He told me to send them in to see if they can find anything wrong with them. I also asked if there was anything different about this batch compared to the older ones and he said not that he knows of. This sucks bad, and not very happy about this 80$ down the drain.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got my call back and I have another one coming my way, but I was told that despite them distributing MicroHeli parts, they do not approve the upgrades for the helicopter as the helicopter wasn't designed with them originally. Adding a DS35 servo is a modification that they do not approve, but they still sent me a new one, which I appreciate and I hope this one is better. Thanks Horizon.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just got my call back and I have another one coming my way, but I was told that despite them distributing MicroHeli parts, they do not approve the upgrades for the helicopter as the helicopter wasn't designed with them originally. Adding a DS35 servo is a modification that they do not approve, but they still sent me a new one, which I appreciate and I hope this one is better. Thanks Horizon.
Pretty much what I figured. Cool they sent you a new one I am grateful they sent me 2 new ones just recently. Would be more grateful if they actually worked. I still think it is BS though that they sell the mount but don't support the upgrade.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default tail wag with DS35

Agreed. 100%

I have three from the new batch and none of them work.

I downgraded to a stock tail servo on one of my birds.

I wonder what I can use them for???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its almost like who you talk with,if you are going to have a new one sent to you or not. This has happen before and called back the next day and they sent me a new motor without having to send the other one in. But for him to tell me that they know there is something wrong with the DS35 when it comes to the 130X and there is no fix for it either is BS. That's why he didn't want to send me new servos in the first place,because he knows it's going to be the same issue with the replacements servos..
Old 04-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris g. View Post
Its almost like who you talk with,if you are going to have a new one sent to you or not. This has happen before and called back the next day and they sent me a new motor without having to send the other one in. But for him to tell me that they know there is something wrong with the DS35 when it comes to the 130X and there is no fix for it either is BS. That's why he didn't want to send me new servos in the first place,because he knows it's going to be the same issue with the replacements servos..
Yep, my guy said he had no experience with the DS35 on the 130X, but I was more than welcome to have another in hopes that it would work.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 04-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #72 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Glad I bought a spare several months ago. Was gonna build a basher bird and order a new one, but I think I'll use my spare and wait for the to go on down the pipe. Thx for the photos earlier so I know what to look for. I'm hitting the lhs on Monday and they stock them, if I see an old style one I'm gonna grab it
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail wag with DS35

Mine wags like a dog. Completly unflyable. Have to play with gains.
Fuzzy Flier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess I've been too busy with my other birds I've been kind of not reading as much as I have done before. I totally missed this thread. I only started to read this thread today because SYMAD suggested that the new batch of DS35s are all bad.
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...37&postcount=8

I have had a closer look at my new DS35 and I find:
1. servo movements are pretty tight even compare to my other new spare old-style DS35.
2. dead-zone is tamed down in the firmware

For point 1, I lubed the new style 2-finger pot with DeoxIt, removed the shrink-warp and pulled out top cover just a little (if I press it on tight it binds the gears a bit). And then I worked on the servo movements by hand throughout the range for some time. Now that the servo movements are not tight I tested point 2. again -- dead-zone. It's softened by software. Since both old and new style DS35s seem to provide similar torque (by feel), I'm pretty sure it's the firmware that softens the dead-zone. I plug in both servos (one at a time) to a standard Rx gyro channel. I set my gyro switch to -100, 0, 100. When I flip gyro switch from -100 to 100, I can see the old-style DS35 starts and stops quick. The new-style DS35 OTOH moves quick also but starts to slow down before it hits the desired position. If I can see it with naked eyes it can be bad for a tail servo. I also tried pushing the servo arm by hand when powered. The old-style DS35 will not budge at all. The new-style DS35 will allow some movement. The harder I push the bigger the resistance it's like a springing effect which I know is not due to something mechanically flexing because I can see the motor pinion moves when I press on the servo arm which means the servo firmware knows about it but increases motor power more progressively than old-style DS35.

For those who are still experimenting with the new-style DS35, I'd remove any damping devices (i.e. O-rings on the grips, rubberband, etc.) since the softened dead-zone pretty much does all the damping (and too much) already. Also, reduce slop on tail pitch control mechanism (important as always but it's more important than ever with new-style DS35) and maybe try outer hole (make sure no binding at max pitch positions with gyro on, motor unplugged, throttle on). Makes me want to go swap out my good working old-style DS35 tail servo to try out. Don't have high hope though.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post

For those who are still experimenting with the new-style DS35, I'd remove any damping devices (i.e. O-rings on the grips, rubberband, etc.) since the softened dead-zone pretty much does all the damping (and too much) already. Also, reduce slop on tail pitch control mechanism (important as always but it's more important than ever with new-style DS35) and maybe try outer hole (make sure no binding at max pitch positions with gyro on, motor unplugged, throttle on). Makes me want to go swap out my good working old-style DS35 tail servo to try out. Don't have high hope though.
It probably won't be until mid-May that I get to try this stuff, but right now, I got no binding in the pitch range, and zero slop in the bearings, etc. I'm not home to measure how far out I have the servo ball, so I placed a pic of the horn I use, so perhaps you can tell me if it is further out than what most people use? It is the even cross one with only one hole per arm. From +5-+7 gain, my tail is perfect, but once I give a large collective movement or a decent amount of AIL/ELE, it will wag until I give a rudder input. Doing piros and stopping abruptly doesn't result in a wag. I feel like I'm close to a good setup, but not yet. Also, tail held perfectly with the stock servo, so my setup can't be bad, maybe just a tad off for the new DS35.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 04-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just tried the new-style DS35. Wow, what a joke! Dead-zone is way too much that I don't even need to try get it work anywhere close to as good as the old-style DS35. I'm interested to see if it's indeed the firmware though. Maybe I'll try solder in an old DS35 with good board to see if it makes any difference.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
Just tried the new-style DS35. Wow, what a joke! Dead-zone is way too much that I don't even need to try get it work anywhere close to as good as the old-style DS35. I'm interested to see if it's indeed the firmware though. Maybe I'll try solder in an old DS35 with good board to see if it makes any difference.
Yeah. Let us know how that works. Maybe I just need to sell my 2 and look for another option, I'll try a few different tail combos when I'm home again.

Also, any thoughts on ball distance on the servo arm?
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 04-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just throwing my two cents in...

Today I got a DS35 and MH mount I bought on eBay (probably from one of you guys). I had won the auction (and installed the damned thing) BEFORE I read about any of these issues, so when I had tail wag I was like "double-you-tee-eff..." I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to adjust the gain before I found out the tail way exists no matter what you do.

I'm very disappointed. To make matters worse, I twisted my push rod to use with the DS35, so I'm sure when I twist it back to use with the stock servo something terrible will happen (if not now, some day in the near future).

I now know why DS35s went from "back ordered" and "out of stock" to abundant seemingly overnight.
chemicalflava is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: tail wag with DS35

Hi,

I purchased my ds35 about 2 months ago from a hobby store in Canada (online order). I was looking for weeks until I finally stumbled upon their site and they had one in stock. How can I tell if I got one of the new ones or the better old ones? My tail isn't wagging buy it does feel a little soft and blows out aprox 25 degrees on hard pitch pumps. I just realized while reading through this topic that some people are straightening the trail servo push rod. I kept mine stock...could that be the cause of my problem?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Nano CPx Mild Brushless
salmans21 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Yeah. Let us know how that works. Maybe I just need to sell my 2 and look for another option, I'll try a few different tail combos when I'm home again.

Also, any thoughts on ball distance on the servo arm?
Soldered new servo to old board and it works just like any other DS35s I had when they were new. I did the hand-push test with power on and it's definitely more resistant to be hand-pushed than the full new-style DS35. I checked motor voltage when I tried to hand push the servo arm. The full new style servo raised to just 1V when I hand-pushed it quite a few degrees off. The old style servo board raised to 1V much sooner and will get to 2V quite easily.

With the full new-style DS35 before soldering the old board, I've tried different servo arm holes and servo arms and nothing would come close to work optimal. With a tail servo that deliberately slows down dead-zone, you probably have higher chance of improvement running chinese weights on tail grip bolts to increase dead-zone response. It may negatively impact the situation instead. Only one way to find out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in