Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems > 3D Forum

3D Forum Discussions for 3D applications using CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan259 View Post
Hi,

I am new to the Flybarless world.

My question is which is the best system for a 3D setup?

from what i have been reading in the forums, the V-Bar4.0, AC3X and Gyrobot700 seem to be pretty good systems.

Our local suppliers here in New Zealand can supply the Rondo system, but i am a little hesitant as there seems to be little feedback on this setup.

I am planning on setting this up on the new SJM 430 E3.

I am of the opinion that i don't mind spending a little more money to get a system that will perform the best.... (rather than getting a cheap one and finding out that it only does an average job)

thanks in advance

Dan
I think that you need to listen your own heart, if you want to know which kind of equipment are better, well. try on it by yourselves. You will feel great when you found out what you want.
Karenheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

just an update, take a look to MSH Brain units that will be avaible in about 15-20 days. From the flights report of the final development stage it seems to be even better than vstabi.

will see...
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have flown the Tarot, Copterx, Beastx, and Ikon. The first two, forget about them. The beastx and ikon are very good units. My personal favorite now is the Ikon, but the beastx has some things that I like about it as well. Both are under $250.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmanbandit View Post
I have flown the Tarot, Copterx, Beastx, and Ikon. The first two, forget about them. The beastx and ikon are very good units. My personal favorite now is the Ikon, but the beastx has some things that I like about it as well. Both are under $250.
I've been looking at the Ikon to replace the 3gx on my Trex 550. Why is the Ikon your favorite? Do you fly fast forward with it? The 3gx wants to nose up in windy conditions against the wind and I already have it turned up so much it freaks out when I land on slightly uneven surface. My Rush 750 has a Vbar and handles that condition well but I like the bailout idea with the Ikon.
foolforspeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmanbandit View Post
why 'forget' the zyx, ive been flying it for a while and its great. maybe you didnt set it up properly or maybe you think 'its cheap so its rubbish' - its an attitude i see alot on here, esp in regard to hobby king. considering how much it costs, its probably the best of the lot. i fail to see 95% of good pilots being able to tell the difference between any of the systems when they are set up properly, or there 3d capabilities being sufficient for tiny differences to be important.

every heli set up job is likely to throw far more differences into the mix than the actual makes of fbl system used, making it extremely difficult to judge consistent differences between makes
Old 10-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Skookum 540, V-Bar -vs- Ikon/Brain

Anyone want to comment on Skookum 540 or 700 here? Looking for feedback on these or the Mikado V-Bar.

I'm interested in comparison with the Ikon/Brain... I have both and love them... easy to use, insensitive to vib, bailout for dumb thumbs, etc. I also have the 3GX which has grown on me a bit, getting easier to use and more reliable with the later firmwares.

But I haven't tried Skookum or a V-Bar and see a few going for sale in the HF forums. Looking for my next science experiment on a 500 class heli.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong forum... but it would nice for some fresh constructive arguments regarding FBL units.

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've flown with 3G, 3GX, Total G, CGY750, Beastx, and Vbar. The Vbar is the best hands down. It was very easy to set up (on the computer) with step by step instructions and it flew perfect for me on default settings in the sport mode.
The one con for it is the price and if you want the mini vbar good luck trying to get one. It seems that Readyheli must only buy 1 or 2 at a time because as soon as they come in they run out of stock 5 mins later.

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
foolforspeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in