Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Everyone packing it in for the winter, or what?

I follow the 500 and 600 forums, since those are the helis that I own. Seems like this whole week has been slow on both forums.

- Are the shorter days and cooler temps keeping people from flying their helis, and thus we have less to talk about?
- Has everyone figured out their setups, so they don't need to ask any more questions?
- Were the highly anticipated (yawn) 500L and (imaginary/invisible?) 600L just not worthwhile enough for anybody to pay attention to, so no more chatter about them?
- Are you all surfing other forums, trying to figure out which heli you want for Christmas?

Me personally, I haven't flown much at all lately, since my job, family and church have been keeping me pretty busy, so I haven't had much time to work on my helis. The 500 has only recently been repaired since my last crash (way back in August! ), and that has kept me from getting the used 600 I got last July into an air worthy condition.

Now that the 500 is airworthy again though, I'm hoping to get some good flights in on it. The weather here in southern Maryland is pretty mild, so I should be able to fly through the winter. A harder problem is finding good fields to fly in. The natural landscape is forest, and there is an awful lot of it!

As for Christmas, I don't think another heli for me to not have enough time to work on is a good idea, so I think I'll just get some more batteries (need twice as many for my 600!). I've been using 3000mah on my 500, but if the flight times on my 600 are too short with those, I may step up to some 3300's. If I did get another heli, I think it would be the Gaui X3. Seems like a pretty simple, durable, and capable design.

End of update.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew 4 packs thru the 500 day before yesterday and hope to fly my 600 this weekend. The weather here has been unsettled with high winds and rain. The winters here are usually very windy and my flying will suffer unless I head off the mountain to the club that is 85 miles from me. As for the forums I too have noticed a drop off in the 500&600 sections. I hope that everyone is flying [emoji12]. I will be on here as time allows because I am a tinkerer and cannot help myself. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NC Hillbilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm in Northern California and fly year round.

Now that my 500 is set I don't spend much time in this forum.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unless this winter is like last winter, I won't be able to fly with all that snow.

If there is less snow, I'm hoping to fly.
Ron_R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im not packing in. Ive got a 770c to build a 700 top pro. And im adding a 5 blade head to my 700 Md500. I look forward to.winter, its dark when i get home and the honey dew list is short
Regards
denwag

denwag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I follow this thread too and it's been a bit quiet. I am slowly saving for my 500 scale build but I need to stop buying BNF airplanes first. lol
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default winter flights

Well as for me I'm new at this and going to be trying to get as much time as I can in this winter I hope... But I live in a rain forest so in between rain shower I fly.... Just got the x3 and have the x5 and align 500 and the x3 is by far allot more fun to fly so for xmas I to am going for the battery wish list...

So my winter might just be on the sim mostly the rain has started and don't stop tell April so I should have this 3d on the sim mastered by then I hope..

was wondering about the cold we don't get much snow at all but does get cold and dry sometimes how is it for flying in the cold anything to worry about electronics wise and battery wise....
gaurdian101 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm also in nor-cal and fly all year round as well! Just flew my goblin and 300x last night. My Rex 500 is getting neglected!
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I live in Norway.. in the summer I fly helicopters and go inline skating... in the winter I fly helicopters and go cross-country skiing!

Edit: As this is a 500 forum; for the sake of staying on topic, it's worth mentioning that I mostly fly my two 500s during winter. Shoveling a landing pad in the snow for a 700 is too much work
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still flying...... But its not cold yet,

MGPTWEGB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 01:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From October through to March ..... its dark when I leave for work and its dark when I get home. At the weekends Mrs nbells has a list of jobs needing done that keeps me out of trouble.

So normally through the winter I just "fettle" my helis, planks n tanks and sim when I can.

Having said all that, Mrs nbells is away this weekend so if the weather's ok I'll be out flying at my "secret patch" I have a new heli and 2 new planks that I want to try out !
Old 10-23-2014, 06:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately pretty much for for the year. Will go out on the random nice day we get. Once the time changes it's dark by 4:30 so not as much after work flying
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cali life!

My 450's last successful flight of the day retrieved by my daughter

Go get my heli (0 min 9 sec)

Then destroyed it

vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hopefully, even if the winter is snowy, I'll be able to fly...180 CFX on the way!!!!!
Ron_R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I havent flown in about three weeks...Wasnt really planning on "packing it in" just dont feel it right now.
I can fly pretty much all year here...
Gets frosty here in late winter, but most years, it's very bare-able.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have had nice weather here in southern Ontario the last couple of days so I have got a few packs in the last couple of days. Instead of going to the field I stop at the cemetary at the top of my street. There is good size field beside the maintenance building. I start off with the 300X to limber the thumbs up then get out the 500. Will probably get out tomorrow after work. By 6:30 it's getting pretty dark though.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My stuff is doing good and fly year round here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in