Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Multiplex FunCopter

Multiplex FunCopter Multiplex FunCopter Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

good deal, let me know how it goes
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross View Post
good deal, let me know how it goes
Well, it went pretty good during a couple of ten-minutes hovers, but now the tail gears don't seem to mesh properly. No crashes, tail or main rotor strikes, so I don't know what the problem is.
gale155 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

make sure when you tighten the grub screws that you tighten them in an alternating fashion, (don't cinch one down all the way and then the other)

which gears don't seem to be meshing right? on the main shaft gear to the gear that mates with it in the boom, put a piece of paper between the gears mate them up and then tighten them down.
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
make sure when you tighten the grub screws that you tighten them in an alternating fashion, (don't cinch one down all the way and then the other)

which gears don't seem to be meshing right? on the main shaft gear to the gear that mates with it in the boom, put a piece of paper between the gears mate them up and then tighten them down.
It's the gears on the aft end of the boom.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There's a little screw on the opposite side of the tail blades that helps keep the tail gear case from slipping make sure your tail case didn't slip further aft on the boom

Loosen the tail case and slide it off the boom inspect the gear on the end of the boom and inspect the gear on the inside of the case reinstall if all looks good

What is the symptom you are experiencing?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
There's a little screw on the opposite side of the tail blades that helps keep the tail gear case from slipping make sure your tail case didn't slip further aft on the boom

Loosen the tail case and slide it off the boom inspect the gear on the end of the boom and inspect the gear on the inside of the case reinstall if all looks good

What is the symptom you are experiencing?
Total loss of tail authority. Turning the main rotors by hand, the tail rotors move; however, the slightest pressure on the tail rotors while doing so stops the movement. The gears look fine, but they're just not meshing tightly enough for some reason. Thanks for you're help, and I'll let you know what I find.

I thought I read something in a mega-thread at another site about adding an additional washer in the tail somewhere, but now I can't find it.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok, make sure that the grub screws (item 109 page 21) going through the tail rotors are tight against the tube (item 28 page 31) manual found here
Old 08-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

suggestion for another washere here

i've been keeping a track of the suggestions on my dedicated funcopter website
Old 08-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
ok, make sure that the grub screws (item 109 page 21) going through the tail rotors are tight against the tube (item 28 page 31) manual found here
Took everything apart (gears look fine). put everything back together, tightened the grub screws mentioned above and now it's fine! There is an irritating squeaking noise now during the last 3 or 4 seconds of spool-down, but I can live with that...probably just needs some lube. I'm not trying to be a PITA with all of these noob issues, but since you seem to be the Funcopter mavin I figure it might help others who take the FC plunge.

I really like this heli a lot, and once I master it I hope I'll have the confidence to try my completed EXI 500 that has yet to leave the ground. It's equipped with a CopterX 4-blade flapping head with scale blades, and is waiting to go into an Align A-109 fuselage (with retracts) that's also sitting in my build room.

Thanks again for you help, sir.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no worries, glad to be of help. yeah, a little lube will do ya good on all the gears.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:29 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I can now personally attest to the FC's toughness. I had a minor run-in with a concrete retaining wall while the blades were still turning at a pretty-good clip. I feared the worse, but no stripped gears, and only minor, barely-perceptible scuffing on the tips of the main blades. Unbelievable.

Like others, I can't say that I care for the Multiplex ESC that came with my RR FC. It gets pretty warm, and when it does the motor "growls" at zero throttle...even when I turn the Tx off. I've got a 40-amp replacement on the way. If I had it to do over again, I think I'd go for the ARF version.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Agreed, tough little bugger and yeah I would also have to agree to get the ARF (I bought the RR) as well
Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Corona

Hi AtTheCross,

May i know whats the different in diameter between FC and Corona main rotor shaft and tail rotor shaft?

Why the FC belt drive kit cannot be use on Corona??
ultraman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sorry for the slow response.

both FC and Corona main shaft are 4mm diameter, however the FC main shaft is longer.

both the FC and Corona have 4mm diameter tail shafts.

You can use the belt drive kit on the Corona, no problem
Old 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FYI

FS: Night blades that can be used for either the Corona 120 or the Funcopter, they are actually Corona 120 blades link
Old 03-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail noise?

Atthecross,

Wondering if there is a way to quite the tail? I've noticed it gets noisy with throttle and sounds live rattling withing the boom? any help appreciated.

Tony
tojomo78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

how old is your FC? wondering if your torque tube inserts have worn? also a little lube never hurts

you also want to make sure your gear meshing hasn't slipped. put a piece of paper between the gears before you tighten them down then pull the paper out that should give you the right mesh
Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink Funcopter cannot have good head holding.

@At the cross, it is nice knowing you here.

I bought a second hand FC V1 that comes with Spectrum DX5e radio. Had a friend trying to adjust tail and almost sticking out about 1 - 2mm as you suggested on Item 24.

Tried hard to hover straight and he suggested to use a programmable radio instead. Does this really help?

Thanks

Fred
stingrayfred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What is it doing? Spinning out of control or tail not holding very well
Old 03-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

It swerves to the right and cannot hold still.
I have no experience with gyro as it was adjusted by my hobby shop here on my other heli. But I do know that in normal heli rotation when power up and wait for initialise, normally the rudder rod is set push forward in adjustment so the heli will hold.

So, for Funcopter, is the rod to be set a bit backward as it is anti-clockwise?
I am using Futabas' T8FG Tx and GY401 gyro, the rests are stocks servos.

Hopes this help. Thanks again.
stingrayfred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in