Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default latest mod to the JS Frenzy 90 V2, CNC Fan

I added this to to replace the wobbly plastic JS fan because it keeps firing the gov magnets out within seconds of starting.
I have the same mags in my hirobo and they haven't caused a single problem.

I used the PV0435-L raptor 90 cnc fan hub which is identical in diameter but 1.5mm taller overall. There is a step in the bottom of the fan hub so I removed the shim washer that is on the OS crank (2mm) and it is the exact same total height, meshes into the same spot in the clutch hub.
there is no mag hole in the cnc part so I used a 4mm new drill bit and drill into the bottom of the fan at the same PCD as the JS and went in 2.25mm to allow for epoxy resin. It sits just lower than the surface but gives me a 100% signal to he controller.

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Happy to report that the gov mag stayed in place while flying yesterday!

Now I just have to wait till I can buy the helibug gasser conversion for this thing....xmas is coming, It's on my list
Old 12-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Yamada-91

Hello Phantom,

Great work, this thread and the one how to modify gear-mesh setting, thank you

There's a genuine (red) fan-hub for the YS-91 engine - do you know what the difference is to the stock OS-91 fan-hub? This question is related as well, to whether your R90-fan will work on a YS-91 installed in a Frenzy90-V2? I'm less interested in more cooling as the genuine F90-V2 cooling looks ok, but in a better run-out of the fan-hub (and clutch) system..

I took a look at the manual of the OS-91HZ and a YS-91SR3C and the mounting dimensions are the same, the only thing different is the front-pat of the housing being 0.4mm longer. Unfortunately YS does not state the thread-size of the crank, so this could be the main difference for 2 different fan-hub parts (OS vs. YS) for the Frenzy90-V2?

Thank you for any info on that matter,
Best Regards,

Oliver

Last edited by Raptor30_V1; 12-06-2010 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: grammair
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi Oliver
There is a YS cnc fan hub pv0435ys.
From what I understand there is a difference in the crank shaft.

Cheers
Darren
Old 12-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thank you very much

Hello Darren,

Thank you very much - I appreciate very much you took your time to reply ..

I forgot to mention it yesterday, but if magnets fall out of fan-hub, there is a further solution to the cnc-fan, .. to install a Spektrum backplate-sensor ..

I have no experience so far with this backplate sensor, but seems to work well with most other govs/ limiters.

Anyway, it's better to tackle the run-out issue with a true fan-hub, so your solution with the R90 cnc-fan-hub is IMO 1st choice - thanks again

Best Regards,
Oliver

P.S: Spektrum backlpate sensor USD 20.- and KDE metal sensor mount USD 20.- .. so even more expensive than a true metal cnc-fan-hub ..
Old 12-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

always a pleasure to share info.

I saw the spektrum backplate sensor just after I purchased the Aerospire one so I was stuck with it....the cnc fan has fixed the run out issue to.win win

I now have me eyes firmly fixed on the helibug gasser conversion for the js90 now, not sure if I should buy a new js90 kit and sell the nitro complete or remove the engine and pipe and sell them seperatle?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks again

Hello Darren,

I saw the helibug gasser conversion's for Frenzy-90 and T-Rex600/700 a while ago too. Honestly, whether someone will like this gasser conversions might IMO depend a lot about his flying style. People into scale-, sports-, acrobatic- and soft-3D will appreciate such a conversion, all others won't? IMO the plus 1kg in weight (only for the engine) is pretty a lot - this makes weight/ power (and torque) as well as disc-square-to-weight ratio even worse than a 50' size nitro). I'm aware, that the smaller deposit will make final weight-balance a little better - but nor that much.

So if you are into 3D with your Frenzy, I wouldn't sell your glow-engine combo for a while, at least until you find out whether you are happy with your 22ccm (plus) gasser .. if not, sell your gasser-combo (including muffler) later and install your glow-engine again.

IMO there is a reason why rumors sad, that Align will show up with a 700/800 gasser but finally never really did .. IMO engine-power compared to engine-weight ratio of current gas-engines (22ccm to 30ccm) are not comparable at all to a 90' glow engine. There is a Webra 90-P5 engine running with gas (housing/size of a 90' size) with better weight, but seems not to run trouble-free and still lack of power when compared to 90' glow-engines..

I agree, wouldn't this be great to have current 50' and 90' size nitro birds being equipped with gas-engines costing 20-times less in operating cost having same power? I loved this idea a lot, but my simple maths told me not to try because of the above factors saying weight of gas-engines have to be much lower meanwhile their power output needs to increase ..

Best Regards,
Oliver

P.S: When I decided to buy my first 90' size bird, the helibug-convertion was at stake as well ..
Old 12-08-2010, 02:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Oliver

Good points raised...I might opt for buying another JS90 kit and fitting the 29cc gasser to it, then I can justify having both.

It will be good to have a side by side comparison....will post build vids for us frenzy flyers.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Great

Hello Darren,

Great idea ..

My first Frenzy-90V2 is underway.. I wanted to buy from amainhobbies, but the only ones having stock currently are HK

I always wanted a 90' size bird, but kit, spare prices and main-blades where out of reach, as I did never accept to pay twice as much of a 50' size bird .. now the Frenzy-90V2 makes my dream come true ..

I first opted to buy a R90 (91T) gear and a stronger tail-belt in advance.. after your post I think the gear-mesh issue is addressed by your solution and the only thing I bought additionnally was the R90 clutch-liner. Anyway I will wrap around the genuine clutch some electric-tape with 0.2mm distance (on each side) and check on the clutch bell. If gap is ok I will even give the genuine clutch-liner a chance, considering that most of the time it is not the clutch-liner, then the bad way it has been glued in (wrong gap/ distance).

Looking forward to your gasser-build and first-hand flight experiences
Best Regards,
Oliver

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in