Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Dragonus

Dragonus Dragonus Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Dragonus

Good Day,
I know some of you have the Dragonus, Dragonus Elite, or Dragonus Pro. I wanted to start this thread so we could have a place to talk. I recently picked up the Pro and really enjoy how smooth it is. I got it because it looks so different from the T-Rex and it's many knock offs. I was wondering how many of you own one. Let us all know how you like it, post some photo's, discuss concerns etc. As for me here is a photo of mine, I just finished doing the same tail mod that I did on my T-Rex 450SE V2. I will be testing the results this Sunday if weather permits.

Thanks all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3557.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	49048   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3559.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	49049   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3562.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	49050   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3560.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	49051   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3564.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	49052  

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2008, 01:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Guess I am alone on this one...
Old 06-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Dragonus II

Na, you are not alone.
Currently I am flying a Shark 450 - Trex 450SE v2 clone. I am currently putting $$$ together for the Dragonus. There is a huge thread on another site, that rcg ,, and I have made up my mind for the second bird. My parts supplier loves the Dragonus, along with a few other buds on the threads. Have seen nothing but great feedback on this bird. So, I should have this one , with mods up and running by mid Summer. We will def. have some stuff to talk about. If you want to hit me up with a pm, feel free.

O, by the way - my avatar is my project bird #3... Prob. final bird - Dont want to end up with all Heli's and no Wife.
UfcGuy39 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2008, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by UfcGuy39 View Post

O, by the way - my avatar is my project bird #3... Prob. final bird - Dont want to end up with all Heli's and no Wife.
Looks like the Outrage, my buddy's shop is starting to carry them. Just waiting to see one flying in person before I get my hopes up on wanting one. I flew today and my Dragon flies great like on a rail. It's got a solid feel to it but is as easy to throw around as my T-Rex. Forward flight is very nice, lots of speed. I'm flying the RotorTech 325mm blades they are perfect on the Dragonus, any way my wife feels the same way. But she allows me every Sunday to fly all day and mornings when I have days off during the week. I just need to keep Saturdays open for her. So far so good, and I have gone through lots of hobbies that keep me busy but this seems to work out best for use. Don't know how long you've been flying maybe give more time to set with her and you could adding bird # 4 soon.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default SJM 430 pro e2

The last Heli, my "Hopeful to get" Heli, is the SJM e2 430 - 500 size, upgrade to the V2.
It is supplied by RC-TEK. Just arrived in the States last Friday. Interesting Heli, but from what I have heard, a little tougher to fly..?? Setup is for Hardcore 3d flying. I'm not anywhere close yet, so I'm not in any hurry to get this one. I have seen the Engineering test flights on the web, when the bird was proto. in California.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Dragonus

I'm also a proud Dragonus pilot, I like this bird alot. It is a bit touchy for my newbie lack of skill, but still a great bird. o.k. gotta run, check my prifile for picks.
jamiejap77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejap77 View Post
I'm also a proud Dragonus pilot, I like this bird alot. It is a bit touchy for my newbie lack of skill, but still a great bird. o.k. gotta run, check my prifile for picks.
Checked out ur pics, nice bird. I trying to put my 2nd Dragon together for my son to fly, he just needs more sim time. Last week he flew my T-rex, his first actual rc flight. He did good, took off and landed bout 4 times then one his last attempt it got away from him and went down. Not much damage but he did better than I did on my 1st attempt.

Keep em flying.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Dragonus

I have both the Dragonus Pro and II and this is the best heli I ever flown. Very stable and smooth.
plane766 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2008, 01:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane766 View Post
I have both the Dragonus Pro and II and this is the best heli I ever flown. Very stable and smooth.
Well said, I agree completely
Old 07-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRFST View Post
Well said, I agree completely

No doubt about it...I've been flying my Dragonus Elite NV for 1 yr and I find it the the best of its class... it is the future...
jantz369 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Dragonus NVII

Dragonus is on it's way. I'm waiting patiently, ok - I lied, not so patiently for it to arrive.
Have already made a couple of trips to the local HShp. to pick up mask, paint, and some spare parts. Should be here on Monday - ?? My bud in OK. talked me into a danlion 3800 and Waypoint esc 30A. to try out on this Dragon. I had picked up a Danlion/Pulso 3200 and Esc. last week for the Shark, and it is a terrific/powerful motor. It kicks the butt out of the stock motor - not even a comparison. It should rock the Dragons world. I'm figured on painting the canopy black, blue, and florescent Green. The tail will be florescent green also.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by UfcGuy39 View Post
Dragonus is on it's way. I'm waiting patiently, ok - I lied, not so patiently for it to arrive.
Have already made a couple of trips to the local HShp. to pick up mask, paint, and some spare parts. Should be here on Monday - ?? My bud in OK. talked me into a danlion 3800 and Waypoint esc 30A. to try out on this Dragon. I had picked up a Danlion/Pulso 3200 and Esc. last week for the Shark, and it is a terrific/powerful motor. It kicks the butt out of the stock motor - not even a comparison. It should rock the Dragons world. I'm figured on painting the canopy black, blue, and florescent Green. The tail will be florescent green also.
Make sure to post pic and how the build is going, I'm sure we all would like to see 'em. As soon as I am able to start my 2nd Dragon build I post pic's.

Sean
Old 07-23-2008, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Dragon Down

Had a bit of trouble this morning.....

If you're in the know, you know my Dragonus is called Grandma. The name given to it by Franticf beacuse I didn't do any stunts with it ( not that I do stunts any way ) I just fly it around. This morning I wanted to practice my inverted hovering orientation, had about 5 flights on my rex-450 and wanted to try it with granny. Well not sure what happened all I knew was 3 min. into flight the canopy went right and the battery went left, the bird fell. It fell from about 100' ft. straight down landing on the green casket known as earth. Granny's Down and can't get up!

All I have to say is this flippin frame is to this thin and the stamp steel frame inserts are another weak point. Granted the fall was substantial but I have seen my rex-450 take the same fall a lot better. If the stamped steel parts we replaced w/ aluminum pieces it would take a fall better. But having a thicker frame and replacing the steel w/ aluminum would make it heavier. I weighed the T-Rex 450 and the Dragonus and the dragon was a bit lighter so adding any more weight would bring down performance I think. So I'm not sure what I will do in the long run but for now, just put it back together

Old 07-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Dragon Down

Bummer,

@ least you'll get a chance now to go over the heli pretty thoughly. Sucks to have to have a crash to do so. Good luck with the rebuild.

I'm starting my Dragonous build tonight. I'll let ya know how it comes along as the days go by.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Will do
Old 07-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Parts ordered should have by Wednesday, and flying by Thursday. Got the updated frames
3K carbon and thicker motor plate which should be stronger and might be a bit heavier. Also the newer metal inserts have the nuts attatched to them which makes assembly a lot easier. I'll weigh it when done and compare it to the T-Rex to see if the new parts make it bloated or not.

Sean
Old 07-27-2008, 04:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dragonus

I have only been flying Helis for about 3 months I started out with the basic crashed about 10 times then got the the pro crashed 3 times two times not my fault 3rd was any how I just got a trex 600 super pro and what i have learnd with the dragonus I was able to do straight up with the super hovering tumbles ail and elev, loops rolls walls I know have two dragonuses that I practice with and almost another full heli of new spares just in case great chopper
YXLR8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Would that bud in OK happen to be Rusty?
Optimus110103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A guy at the field just got one and it is great. I have a upgraded blade44 but I will probably get one. I hovered his very stable and very smooth.
newhelliguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhelliguy View Post
A guy at the field just got one and it is great. I have a upgraded blade44 but I will probably get one. I hovered his very stable and very smooth.
That it is, smooth when you want smooth, and lighting fast when you want to show off ur skillz.

Just re-re-maiden'd my Dragon, the first re-maiden went well without canopy on, the very next test flight (2 min. later) went horribly wrong. I had just put the canopy on and was about 1/2" off the deck and it exploded, main shaft bent, anti-rotation bar bent, blades nicked, and small crack on my new frame. All I can figure is a ball link came loose. It's not the first time this has happened to me. Just that the last 2 times it occurred I was able to land it safely. Well that won't ever happen again, don't know if any of you noticed but the Dragonus ball links are weak. They seem to come off with light amount of pressure, to remedy this I had to cut about 1/16" off the link rods and install Align T-Rex 450 ball links. They have a much more positive connection you hear a nice loud "SNAP" when installing them and they are most likely available at your local hobby store. It's a worth while improvement.

Tags
dragonus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in