Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 06:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fury 55 Report

Heya,

So, It's been nearly half a year since i've had my Fury 55 from Miniature Aircraft (Damn, Time flies) and I decided to do a little report to let everyone know how it's been going!

I've not had too many flights as I would have liked due to the weather and a few issues I will describe below,

But The flight's I have been getting are amazing, The Fury flies beautifully well. The quality flows throughout, especially in the air! I had hoped to get videos up as promised but with weather and failures that are quite amusing but also do rattle my cage a bit set me back.

I've had 3 Failures NOT AT ALL being the Fury's fault but it's been enough to disrupt the start of the flying season.

A few months back I had accidentally screwed the link ball on the tail control ring, pushing a bit of plastic trough the other end turning it into a blade thus cutting nicely trough the brass tube on the tail. So me flying around and lost all tail authority but managed to save it, with a nice landing on the skids, This set me back a few weeks

and then once I repaired that a few flights later I lost tail authority again, this time I was side on and it went in, and too my surprise not much damage at all..

So, I checked over the model, and this time no cause found, the tail mechanics checked out all fine, there was no reason for it to happen, In the end I replaced a tail servo.

This set me back a month or so, Since I felt burnt out and not at all happy, Now this just get's better

Last weekend, I was at a public event, flying my newly repaired Fury 55 all was going amazing.

Until BANG The loudest bang sound ever :

Three flights later, a brand new set of blades decide to do this in flight:

Perfectly delaminate in half.

I just laughed at that and shook my head in disbelief, There's some kind of force stopping me from enjoying this beautiful machine! All the issues are not related to the helicopter itself, but other factors

Anyhow, That's a small update that's been going on. But the Fury is Amazing! there's nothing at fault with it- at all.
callum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have some lousy luck my friend. Maybe time for a different brand of blades?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guess the worker missed that blade on quality check
Ive never seen that happen before!

This is my first MA machine and love it.
Even going back to rebuild it, the quality and fit puts a smile on my face

Cant wait to get her rippin again with a ys56
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in