Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help - Lost Pin from Tail

I lost one of the pins from the tail assembly and I can't find that part listed anywhere. Does anyone know if the pin from the main shaft will fit? Is there something else that will fit? Should I improvise?
js349 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by js349 View Post
I lost one of the pins from the tail assembly and I can't find that part listed anywhere. Does anyone know if the pin from the main shaft will fit? Is there something else that will fit? Should I improvise?
I kinda doubt you'll find just the pin by itself. If I where you I'd improvise.... Back in the crafts at Wall-Mart you can find several different sizes of "T" pins and I'd bet you could find a size that work
Old 04-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It should be part of the tail assembly but I can't find the part it fits in for sale anywhere - maybe I'm just not recognizing it. Anyway, I think I found something that will work. Should I CA the other pin in place and my "improvised" piece? I had a very slight crash (rough landing) and it apparently was enough to move the pin so that when I spun the heli up again, the pin flew out.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not a big fan of gluing... it can make it too difficult to remove it if you ever need to. It should be a tight fit and held in place by friction. If you don't think it is fitting "tight enough", try a drop of threadlock (assuming both pieces are metal).

If you do use CA, just use the slightest amount possible!
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Improvising is what I enjoy about the RC hobby. If your able to do that in a pinch, you will save money while still enjoying the hobby.

I believe I found your pin on this tail shaft part.

http://www.hobby-wing.com/hm-ufly-z-09.html

Placing an order on line and even through China that takes a while is always a good time to stock up on spare parts that may break often like main rotor blades, tail gear set ect ect..

Hope that helped...
darmie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmie View Post
Improvising is what I enjoy about the RC hobby. If your able to do that in a pinch, you will save money while still enjoying the hobby.

I believe I found your pin on this tail shaft part.

http://www.hobby-wing.com/hm-ufly-z-09.html

Placing an order on line and even through China that takes a while is always a good time to stock up on spare parts that may break often like main rotor blades, tail gear set ect ect..

Hope that helped...
I wish that was the pin I lost but it isn't. I guess I'll improvise and try it without any glue.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I wish that was the pin I lost but it isn't. I guess I'll improvise and try it without any glue.
I think if it where me I put a little drop of blue loctite in the hole before I put the pin in that way it be sure to stay and if you did need to remove it it be easier to remove than it would be if you glued it in.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d-wanna-b View Post
I think if it where me I put a little drop of blue loctite in the hole before I put the pin in that way it be sure to stay and if you did need to remove it it be easier to remove than it would be if you glued it in.
I have some loctite but I thought it was like super glue. Mine has a red cap, is blue different?
Old 04-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I have some loctite but I thought it was like super glue. Mine has a red cap, is blue different?
The red loctite has a stronger hold than the blue but I think youll be ok with it since its gonna be such a small area.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. Let me try this again, I think I found your pins

http://www.hobby-wing.com/hm-ufly-z-26.html

Are they the two pins that are in this plastic holding on the circle looking tabs?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmie View Post
Ok. Let me try this again, I think I found your pins

http://www.hobby-wing.com/hm-ufly-z-26.html

Are they the two pins that are in this plastic holding on the circle looking tabs?
That's it! Thanks! I'm going to improvise a pin for the one on the heli and order a couple.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great to hear.
I used the picture that offers the exploded view from this link
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=202929
Took a close look at the tail section. Found a part that best resembled from the parts list.

Happy flying..//
Old 04-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys
I used to have an UFLY, the bad quality Pins were killing me, if you want better Pins (for that model or for any other), get a caliper, measure yours, go to:
http://www.smallparts.com/b/16410231...ate%2Cis_prime

Order Pins from there, they are extremely hard, you will break your heli before you break those Pins.
For example, the Pin that holds the Rotor head was breaking all the time on hard crashes, and is 8mm long 1mm diameter, I purchased a box of 50 for 8 bucks. (I used only one) :-)

Manny.

MA Furion 450, Mikado Mini V-Bar, Scorpion 2221-8, 13T, CC Ice Lite 75A, --- Walkera 60#B, Stock Motor, Stock Servos, Stock Blades and Futaba GY520 (yes!) Spektrum DX7se.
And, CRAVING for a HENSELEIT TDR!!!!
gobase is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the great site,probably can find a metal tail drive shaft and a stainless steel boom to substitute for the weaker stock parts with a little work.You say you used to have a ufly..What happened?
NuFlyA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sold it with all the spares, put the money back on the piggy bank and went ahead and bought a 60#B (CP).
But you know what? I should have kept the UFLY for flying in the backyard and parking lots. It could do a lot of stuff and the tail authority was amazing.
And also, the UFLY can be upgraded with more powerfull electronics ( wowhobbies.com )

IMHO the Ufly is the best performing FP heli out there and parts are available in the US from wowhobbies.com , not so expensive and very quick shipping.

MA Furion 450, Mikado Mini V-Bar, Scorpion 2221-8, 13T, CC Ice Lite 75A, --- Walkera 60#B, Stock Motor, Stock Servos, Stock Blades and Futaba GY520 (yes!) Spektrum DX7se.
And, CRAVING for a HENSELEIT TDR!!!!
gobase is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in