Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 03:02 AM   #81 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8ksc View Post
High John,
You won't remember me - but I have been flying the furion for a year now and love it. I will never get tired of it's percision performance, It has not let me down yet. And thanx for your vids, They helped me buid all 3 of mine (different setups ) on each one. This is truly a work of art and was done rite the first time, By the way I have over 350 flights on one of them and every part is still perfect. - GOOD JOB - MA

Steve
Awesome Steve - very hard to ever regret buying an MA heli Mine is still going strong too - never been an issue although I don't have your flight experience mine is a definitely a keeper
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Furion successfully maidened last weekend.

Hi MA fans;
I started to build mine a full year after it arrived in my shop. Was almost talked into sending it back but did not. I wish I would have built it immediately upon receipt. It is truly a precision flying machine. Runs better than a sewing machine; very smooth and quiet. I am impressed with the machining and parts fit quality; it is simply amazing. Makes my Trex450 SEv2 feel like a toy. My setup is a Hacker A20-6XL (2500kv 10 pole) and a 17t pinion with the CC IceLite 50 on 3S Lipo. Using Gov mode works very well. Soft start is very cool. Pro 3D CF mains; 3-HS65hb with a a 401 and HSG5084MG tail rudder servo. After maiden I adjusted the swash to take out the trim changes I made (very small). Anxious to get her up again. I've decided to buy another kit for parts and the 2221-6 or 8 motor to replace the Hacker. I really love this heli!

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread, the videos and everyones contribution. John your videos (like Finless Bob's) were very helpful. It was very nice of you to do them. The MA 90+ page manual was intimidating but really straight forward once you started the build. Again parts quality and fit was excellent.

Again thanks to all. Very nice work MA. 5 thumbs up!
N2UMK
N2UMK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Furion pics

Some pics of my build. Enjoy.
N2UMK
N2UMK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have they updated the manual from Last Revised: 08/10/2008?

Cheers
John
T-Rex 500 GF
T-Rex 600E GF
JohnAu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice
Sentinells is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default just starting to build one soon

I've had it for a year, been learning on the blade 400 hope all goes well cheers!
tritone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys I am new to this forum,and on another I asked about why I could not get my blade grips moving really loose like my bem when I titghned the feathering shaft bolts down and they said that the blade grips moving a bi stiff and notchy is normal.The only way I could get them moving really loose and free is if I didn't basically titen the bolts till they stopped and would have to just very gently snug them and rely on locktite,but snug is not evn the word I could barely touch the outer thrust bearing washer.

So the problem is the brass cone shaped spacer between the rotor hub and the blade grip?or the single washer I have between the first inner bearing and the first thrust bearing washer or body,the one with the largest hole? Mine does not look like brass though only the center hub to blade grip spacer?
rcpilot1982 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #88 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Notchy bearings usually means that they are preloaded. To take some of the pressure off the bearings I'd sand down the brass spacer some, on larger models usually use variable shim thickness. I would not interfere with the spacers in the head assembly.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

First off i really appreciate you writing back,i just felt the blade grips and they are not notchy,but are stiffer than my beam e4 witch will fall back down after rotating them to say 0 degrees pitch.My furion stays were you twist them.

I made another post about this small knocking in the swash plate at slow spool up.I took the head off and spun the main gear anf shaft and everything was smooth,but as soon as i installed the washout hub assembly with the washout arms,i would feel this small dadadada in the swash as i put my finger on the swash and spooled up slow,allong with s small small wabble in the head once installed and this happend even with just the bare center head block without the feathering shaft installed.

Another member said this was normal and his does the exact same thing.I noticed that this knocking came once the first part of the head was installed the washout base and mixing arms.It does seem normal when i think about it since the mixing arms have different length ends and once mounted onto the mixing block the opposing ends of each arm face each other therefore uneven weight when spinning and centrifical force gets rid of the inbalance at higher speed? Whrn spooled even at half power the head is smooth.

What do you think? I trust the members info also,after taking this head appart ten times on this never flown heli,i dont see anything wrong.
rcpilot1982 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in