Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2015, 08:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano Tech batteries for stretch CF Protos

I could use some recommendations on Nano Tech batteries for my stretch Protos build. I like the A-spec for my stretch Mini Protos, how is it for its big brother?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

XL Protos 380
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2015, 09:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are having good luck with the nanotechs and want to use them anything in the 2600-3300 range is preferred for 6s I have heard, some have went as low as 2200mah and as high as 4000mah with reasonable results.

I ran the nanotechs packs, on my 450 they did ok until I stretched it. Given 3s on 360mm blades is not known to be really powerful, I found that an old eflight 2200 30c pack, had more to offer than either the nano tech 25-50c or the 35 -70c of the same size, and the nanotechs were much newer. After seeing this I ordered a turbo ace (related to gens ace) 2200 pack on sale for $20 and it is the most powerful budget pack I have in the 3s flavor.

Nanotechs are always cheap, no need to wait for a "cell" (pun intended). But they are known to die early and sometimes come with poorly matched cells.
Point is you can really find much better packs at a similar price.
I have been much happier with my glaciers from buddyrc, and the turbo ace I happened upon.

I once thought I was ahead getting the nanotechs, until I started getting to around the 30-50 cycle mark and having balance issues, I have 3 6s 3300mah Nanos 45c-90c sitting on my shelf right now, one of which sags to the voltage alarm within 45 seconds of 2500rpm hovering on my protos. Out of 3 and about 100 cycles only one is usable for flying.
Nanos are cheap in the beginning but IMHO are more expensive in the long run and should be considered throw away packs. If you know you are going to stick with the hobby at least get you some glaciers, they are relatively local (in US), CS is good and you don't have to ship them to China if there is a problem.

The glaciers last longer and are a few dollars more than the Nanos but one nanotech pack lost because it costs more to ship to China for warrantee than its worth and you have lost money before the first charge cycle.

Thump, thump, thump.......... (me stepping down from my soapbox)

At the end of the day you gotta do what works for you, but more than one person has bought a set of Nanos and a year later wished they hadnt. I am not a nanotech hater and would still buy smaller inexpensive nanos for my micro packs as I am going to abuse them and toss them anyway. But when you are talking bigger more expensive packs no nanos for me.
Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.
Protos Carbon Stretch, MSH Scorpion, YGE, Ikon

Last edited by deebee; 04-19-2015 at 12:05 PM..
deebee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in