Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 05:08 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wonderful Bob. Many thanks for your help. I just got a 450 SE V2 in Hong Kong. Many thanks for your advice in video, it is so nice.

thanks again.

Diamond

Trex 450SE V2
Futaba T9CHP
diamondtai is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helibird
Just out of curiousitywill the old orings and spindle work in the new head block?
NO because the new head block has a larger inner diameter to accommodate the larger 4mm spindle that works with the new thrust bearing blade grips. Also the o-rings have an inner diameter that is too small and they are shaped differently. The grip metal dampener that goes between the o-rings and the blade grips is also machined differently

I'm still running the plastic headblock on my otherwise all-metal/CF T-Rex because I was waiting for something more worthwhile, and I think it's here! While I still like my Integy blade grips thrust bearings would be awesome. Any ETA on when we should be able to buy the rotor head parts individually? How about general pricing, should the new head block cost about the same as the old one? What do the new blade grips come with (if you buy them separately)?

I think Align should release a rotor head upgrade set that is just the top part of the head (new head block and blade grips) for those of us who already have all the other new stuff on the head.

BTW the blue battery connector is an E-Flite EC3 connector. I personally think they're pretty cool, they're a good mix of Astro Flight and Deans and have a knurled grip to make them easier to grab. I, like others, would probably use them if I didn't already have everything wired up with Deans.

AND A WARNING: IF YOU INTEND TO USE THE NEW ALIGN ESC WITH 6V BEC, and you want to use a JR 500T gyro YOU NEED A VOLTAGE STEP-DOWN to 5V for your gyro or you WILL destroy your gyro. It CANNOT take 6 volts.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:24 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default The new Align 450 SE V2 head

Hi,

I am building my new 450 SE V2. Has anybody tested this head with and without the flybar weights.

Regards

- Erik -
ehaga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: The new Align 450 SE V2 head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehaga
Hi,

I am building my new 450 SE V2. Has anybody tested this head with and without the flybar weights.

Regards

- Erik -
Hi Erik,

I just completed a 450se "New" V2 last week, without the flybar weights. I had a chance to fly it for the first time today and it is very responsive and feels stable to me. I am using the stock motor and speed control and they seem to provide an excellent power to weight for the helicopter.

Good luck with yours.

Bob
rcmorrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #85 (permalink)

I tried to tear down my pre assembled head. As far as the metal to metal screws go, I was only able to remove about three total without being afraid of stripping something. I am sure the others are locktight-ed, as I cannot remove them. The rest are in there good, and I cannot undo them without putting the head in a vice and using a really big screw driver.

I was able to remove the blade grips to check the bearings.

Am I going to be OK, or should I get a torch or an air hammer to remove the other screws and re-locktight them???

Many thanks.
PsychoPilot145 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 07:42 PM   #86 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

YOur probably OK!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #87 (permalink)

Thanks Bob!!!

I would have used explosives if you said to tear it down, but those screws are really in there.

I'll check every pre-fabbed screw on the bird. If any are lose enough to come out, I'll ad more thread lock and stick 'em back in.

Thanks for all that you do. If not for your videos and posts, I would still probably be in my initial build of my 600... Instead of flying my 600, and now building my 450!!!
PsychoPilot145 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

tail blocking entire heli

post it already in the main trex forum but give it a try here if u guys don't mind

so here goes
as stated above.
as i turn my blades by hand sometimes it blocks. (found this out after first spool up) i heard a ratling sound and can't remember if thats normal.
so i quit spooling up and checked everything. spinned the blads by hand and it blocks sometime.
ok checked the belt looking at te tail rotor and at the main gears
took it out of the frame and turned it by hand (the little piece of belt thats sticking out then) it blocks
checked for a wrong bend in the tail but couldn't see it.
took the tail of the shaft and turned it by hand (no problems)
what could this be?

thx in advance

Wim
a few pics of the heli atm

elwitten is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice Vids Finless...
I am thinking about buying one of these, I am thinking of ordering from DeeTeen..

I am a little worried about parts support..
I do not see any replacement frames around..
DeeTeen has some parts.. but not all..

Anyone have any clue to who carries a full stock of parts?

Because of parts support, I am thinking about maybe getting the original SE V2..
ONly thing is, the original SE V2 is CDE I believe... is the new one also CDE..

Just to make sure CDE is when their is not a direct servo to swash interface.. cde has links 90 deg etc... leading to the swash..

So.. whats up with the parts support? I will be a new buyer of the Trex 450 line.. any hints for me.. money is not the issue.. I just want the best copter..
Trex 450SE CF - Hornet X3D
JRX9303, DX7, Futaba 6EXH (for Mark IV)
vrwired is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #90 (permalink)

Someone help please. Am I the only one who can not seem to find the correct sequence of Bob's videos for builidng the Trex 450se? The closest topic I can find is "Trex SE and general built videos are here" and the first video is about Thread lock then next Servo installation. The problem is that in the servo installation video many of the parts of the V2 have been already assembled and the video does not match the unassembled parts in my box (no skid installation or main shaft installation instructions). My understanding is that Bob made the videos to start in the order that when I first open my SE box. May be I am not looking hard enough or expecting too much. Which video is first? One suggestion is that the videos are named with Step 1-3 etc behind the file name. Step-1 file will be checking all the parts when you first open the box. I can't put the videos in sequence now and there are missing sections ( may be I am not looking at the right place), again no skid installation or main shaft installation instructions. I know this sounds kintergarden but I think the file name will clarify the sequence. Thanks Bob for your contribution, this is just my humble suggestion.

I finished the fly bar assembly already without the videos. I am now looking at the servo installation video. Thanks for the help.
great_life2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #91 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Sorry I never did a end to end SE build.... When I started doing vids many moons ago I did them kind of ad-hoc. I started with the basic stuff like thread lock, soldering, etc as those seemed to be areas where people were asking the same questions over and over again. As time went on I kept adding on to the them and did the more difficult items on the SE like servo install and setup. I never went back and did a SE end to end mainly becasue it does come mostly assmebled.
So, I decided that the next heli would be end to end build and that was the Trex600.

Bob
Old 05-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrwired
Nice Vids Finless...
I am thinking about buying one of these, I am thinking of ordering from DeeTeen..

I am a little worried about parts support..
I do not see any replacement frames around..
DeeTeen has some parts.. but not all..

Anyone have any clue to who carries a full stock of parts?

Because of parts support, I am thinking about maybe getting the original SE V2..
ONly thing is, the original SE V2 is CDE I believe... is the new one also CDE..

Just to make sure CDE is when their is not a direct servo to swash interface.. cde has links 90 deg etc... leading to the swash..

So.. whats up with the parts support? I will be a new buyer of the Trex 450 line.. any hints for me.. money is not the issue.. I just want the best copter..

Check out Jeremy at RCHover
They seem to have the best supply to date.
bell1684 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to say I have been very impressed with Align, They are always improving. I'm sure the thrust bearings in the head are great from a maintenance stand point, but I wont be replaceing my head just for that. Too much cash for so little benifit, other than that I already Have alot of the upgrades on my se ie. gears, blades, frame set, canopy,fins... Nice job Align now you just need to offer gorilla gear stadard in the kit, They will always have my business.
handyman4hire98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

downloaded the se v2 video's good work, i went and bought the new head after watching the video im glad i did as the new rotorhead is pritty darn good apart from the dampeners they suck a bit thanks bob :mrgreen:
jackp1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, I think Align watches your videos closely, Bob. I was going over my SE the other day and today and found all the screws are thread locked in the frame and head and my thrust bearings were greased. I also noticed that the two thrust bearing races are labeled "IN" and "OUT" so you don't have to try and determine which has the smaller hole. Nice!

~Dan
Ninjak2k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #96 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yes I have been told they do watch them..... Dont know if that is true but I have noticed changes they have made on other things that I pointed out....

I sure wish they would bring me on the design team or at least test team
I would do it for FREE too :mrgreen:

Bob
Old 06-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SE v2 Build Vids??? Where?

Im a new person here and I am a new Heli Freak. I am so geeked and I cant get enuf of this stuff. I just found this fourum and I love it. Bob you are a GOD!!!!!!!!

I just bought a New Trex 450 V2 Kit and I am looking for one of Bob's Build Vids. It appears that he has posted one for the original SE or SA but I cant find it?

Can someone please Help me?

Thank you so much ...

Lou
Toronto, Canada
www.houseofnot.com
lour is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #98 (permalink)

Nice Bob! On your video you mentioned that you will not go through all the build again as it will be repetitive. I have a T-Rex 450 SE V2 and my question is which build video should I follow then as a base?

Thanks! :?:
jgb2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #99 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

The SE videos... and while they are not full build vids (because the SE is mostly pre assembled) the setup stuff is the same.

Bob
Old 06-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #100 (permalink)

Thanks! I'm assuming you mean the SE overview videos right? The ones at https://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=12455 I haven't found any other videos for the SE series.

Have seen so many build videos from you that I think I got the general idea!

You're the man!
jgb2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in