Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just had a look at a torque tube that looked intact after the boom got bent in a major incident.

It is one I did the heatshrink on. It all looks fine except when you hold the two splines and twist there is about 5 degrees of play in the TT.

After stripping it down, i found the holes in the TT itself where elongated, and 1 of the spline screws was completely stripped.

So basically if you go in you will probably want to replace the TT and the splines anyway. So go the JB weld, and the heatshrink I say...

Funny thing is all the TT gears, the tail shalt, grips, links etc all survived, so it seems the TT took the worst of the impact damage. Along with the main blades, main gear, one servo horn and one set of servo gears.

The rest of the heli looks like it hasn't even been flown, this is one AMAZINGLY tough heli.
Deet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everyone keeps talking about using red locktite. I use Locktite Brand thread locking compound and red is heat resistant, blue is normal and green is permanent. I assume the red you guys are using is permanent type?

D
devens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

its really not perm. just don't use too much of it.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by devens View Post
Everyone keeps talking about using red locktite. I use Locktite Brand thread locking compound and red is heat resistant, blue is normal and green is permanent. I assume the red you guys are using is permanent type?

D
Any Loctite can be removed with a heat gun and some patience,

Loctite Red 262 High Strength

Loctite Blue 242 Medium Strength

Loctite Blue 243 Medium Strength, Oil Resistant

Loctite Green 609 Retaining Compound

Loctite Green 603 Retaining Compound tolerant of oil and other contamination, great for bearings to shafts

I have a 50ml bottle of 243 in the shop for building, and carry a 10ml bottle of 243, 262, and 603 in my field bag.

Here's another tip when dealing with bolts that have red loctite, once removed the bolt threads can be easily cleaned and reused by simply running a die over the threads, does a nice job of removing the old red loctite, I keep a 2.5 and 3mm die in my field bag just to chase the threads.
Foxden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in