Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hawk Sport Main Shaft Q

Hello everyone, first time poster

I picked up a Hawk Sport frame thats definately seen better days - I just couldn't leave it looking all sad! Its been badly stored, clearly got damp at some point as every fastener is corroded and has been left with the head totally free and the blades loose without a holder, so the feathering shaft has stretched. Amazingly though once I blew off the dust with some compressed air and put a little lube on it, the drivetrain is as smooth as silk right the way through to the tailrotor. The plan is to do an electric conversion, add a torque tube and also CCPM upgrade. I've been going through what I need before I order everything - being in the UK its easier to order direct from the US and with shipping its more economic to order everything in one go.

My question is that the CCPM kit says it requires a 10mm main shaft, but the Sport main shaft is 10mm? I know the upgrade was marketed at Hawk Pro owners, and I can't tell if the HP has a smaller main shaft.

Can anyone who has done the conversion let me know please, then I can add it to my order accordingly.

Thanks,

Caleb.

Last edited by Skiddz; 08-31-2013 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Fixed IMG tags
cw318is is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

May I suggest that you e-mail Century and ask them what would be needed. As they may be slow in answering, I would sugest that you try sending an e-mail to their Canadian distributor, Leisure-Tech Products (orders@leisuretech.ca)., I am sure they will know the answer and get back to you. Then order the parts you need from the source who gave you the best service.
ngin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get hold of Dennis p on here. He'll probably be here soon and he knows his stuff.
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here is a list that contains the info on all the different Hawks from the beginning until now. As you will see the sport shows that it has a 10mm mainshaft just like the Hawk Pro.

http://www.leisuretech.ca/index.php/..._century_hawk/
Old 09-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

From your picture it is hard to tell if your heli is truly a Hawk Sport and not an earlier version that may have used the 8mm mainshaft, as the canopy is that of the Hawk III (8mm) & Hawk IV (10mm).

To be sure about the conversion kit working, measure the diameter of your mainshaft and if it is 10mm, then the CN1061A eCCPM conversion kit will work.

As you were getting answers here from us Canadians, maybe you should consider ordering your requirements from a source in Canada.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the response everyone, I agree its a bit of a "bitsa" but the mechanics are definately Hawk Sport. The canopy definately isn't original and has been repaired several times. It has got a nice carbon tail servo bracket though.

I'll certainly considering ordering from Canada, especially as the £ has quite a good rate at the moment, I've put together a list of what I need so I'll be doing some shopping over the weekend.

Any recommendations for someone whose happy to ship international?
cw318is is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

www.thehelifarm.com

Talk to Dennis
rotorsport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in