Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Warped KBDD Blades Fix

Hey guys,
First, I have to give credit to pmerritt for this idea on another thread. I thought I'd create a thread in case someone was trying to search it like I was.

I like the KBDD blades for my nano, because they seem to be the toughest of the bunch. They don't crack like any of the other one's I've tried. The problem I've had recently, and seems like others have had this same problem, is that they are sometimes warped right out of the package. This will not work on a nano, as you all know.

Here's the solution:
Oven preheated to 175 degrees. Take the glass out of two picture frames and place the blades between them. Place in oven for 10 minutes. (this worked for me) Not sure how long is really needed. Take out of oven and put on flat surface with something heavy and flat on top of them, still sandwiched between the panes of glass. Let stand until cool. Comes out PERFECTLY flat. Place on heli and smile.
hookedonflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What seasonings do you use?
One should know timeing so one doest overcook their blades.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I would always recommend ceyanne pepper.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i order skids 5 at a time, and they always come super warped from shipping, but i always boil them when i get them now, to make them stronger, and it also gets the warps out perfectly...

i bet it would be easier on the plastic than an oven...i just fill a solo cup with water and microwave for 2 minutes to boil the water, then i put the skids in for half an hour...i learned the trick from rc car dudes, and though i have about 20 pair of kbdd blades right now i don't have any that are warped, so i can't try, i guess i'm lucky...

i agree these blades are the best performance-wise, and also the colors are great, i really like how easy it is to see your flight disc with the hot pink blades.
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2014, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm, so your idea is interesting. Works on the principle of going back to original shape instead of manipulating it. Maybe that works. Sure wouldn't want to try it on a new set. I will do that for my skids from now on.

The oven at 175° does not hurt the blades at all. Not hot enough to melt them. Make sure to preheat though, because maybe heat coming directly off the coils would be a bit much. Still, boiling point is 212°, so they don't get as hot this way.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol as i said i would be happy to try it with a new set but mine are always perfect...have you been getting yours from mega's micros? you can't get em for cheeper than his and they arrive flawless...
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethf8403 View Post
lol as i said i would be happy to try it with a new set but mine are always perfect...have you been getting yours from mega's micros? you can't get em for cheeper than his and they arrive flawless...
I didn't get them from Megas. I got a bunch on a good sale on eBay. I think where I got them must have had a storage problem. No worries anymore, though. Bullet blades may be a problem to straighten, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in