Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pitch question?

I replaced the complete head assembly on my 400 and I have a issue now even though I thought I had everything setup correctly. I slowly started spooling up the blades to check for vibrations and such and with very little head speed it lifted off the ground about a foot. It basically flew like a fixed pitch heli. If I gave it more left stick it would rise while RPM's increased and drop with a decrease in RPM's. I was lucky enough to build HS about 3 feet off the ground and hit throttle hold and put it down easy.

I did not change the settings in my transmitter for this but maybe I should? If I am thinking correctly I have way too much positive pitch? What is the best way too correct this issue as I do not want too make it worse? Thanks
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have a pitch gauge? They are quite inexpensive. How many degrees of pitch are you running?
MiataJohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiataJohn View Post
Do you have a pitch gauge? They are quite inexpensive. How many degrees of pitch are you running?
I do. I plan on seeing what it is on my next day off. I just have not had much time with the holiday coming up. I will make sure my servo's are 90*, swash level and zero pitch at mid stick and go from there.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can hold the throttle hold and move the throttle stick up and down to see the pitch change. It should be obvious if you have no negative pitch.
Is the 400 even a CP heli? Perhaps i misunderstood your situation. Don
dontrinko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahh the rigors for Flybarred heli's, by the sound of it you already know what needs to be done. I found replacing anything on my 500d head threw the entire pitch range off, and I needed quite some time to get it right.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontrinko View Post
You can hold the throttle hold and move the throttle stick up and down to see the pitch change. It should be obvious if you have no negative pitch.
Is the 400 even a CP heli? Perhaps i misunderstood your situation. Don
Yes the 400 is a flybar CP Heli. I have not had the chance to correct the issue but I have almost no negative pitch. I am going to use the 4 youtube video's I know of and set the whole thing up again.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryv83 View Post
Ahh the rigors for Flybarred heli's, by the sound of it you already know what needs to be done. I found replacing anything on my 500d head threw the entire pitch range off, and I needed quite some time to get it right.
The more I fly my 450X the more I dislike the 400, or I should say working on it. The 450X is a awesome helicopter BUT I have not had to work on it yet. I just charge the battery and go fly it then clean it up and put it away. I hope to get my 400 that way. I have a CNC head I got from another freaker that I am thinking about trying out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in