Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone pics of 130x 300x side by side?

Just want to see a size comparison b/t the 2..still debating on which one to get..I heard the 130x not the best build..
macz636 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

the 130 x is just fine with a few miner tweeks mine flies fine i have not done all the mods they say it needs but its good the way it is there is a lot of bad talk about it but mine dose great and im a newbie and i can fly it so it cant be all that bad
super bad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Neither really are...You buy Blade for economical benefit and not for quality build.

One is no better than the other and if you love R&D work you will absolutely love these two.

I'm still amazed at the huge draw of the Blade heli and don't know why people will buy something so cheap and spend the cost of the heli in upgrades and crazy amounts of time in forums discussing how to get it flying better out of the box.

Do yourself a favor and put the $379 into something else even if it's a clean used heli. There are several X2's that are BNF for maybe $50 more and are 10x the heli that any Blade Heli of any size will be.

Many argue that the Blades allow you to learn things that you would never do with a bigger heli...Not really! You still only do them with the cheap heli because when you go attempt the same things with the bigger or more powerful heli it scares the hell out of you and you find out that there is a Huge difference in the two types of heli.

Yes...I'm no fan of the tupperware helis as you are much better off with a Simulator!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think I'll start off smaller to get orientation down better..I can get a 300x with dx6i for $475 and 2 batteries vs $395 dx6i 3 batteries for 130x seems the 300 be the better deal.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVeillon View Post
Neither really are...You buy Blade for economical benefit and not for quality build.

One is no better than the other and if you love R&D work you will absolutely love these two.

I'm still amazed at the huge draw of the Blade heli and don't know why people will buy something so cheap and spend the cost of the heli in upgrades and crazy amounts of time in forums discussing how to get it flying better out of the box.

Do yourself a favor and put the $379 into something else even if it's a clean used heli. There are several X2's that are BNF for maybe $50 more and are 10x the heli that any Blade Heli of any size will be.

Many argue that the Blades allow you to learn things that you would never do with a bigger heli...Not really! You still only do them with the cheap heli because when you go attempt the same things with the bigger or more powerful heli it scares the hell out of you and you find out that there is a Huge difference in the two types of heli.

Yes...I'm no fan of the tupperware helis as you are much better off with a Simulator!

Why do you even come to the Blade forums?????
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow u have 5 130's..what do u like better the 300 or the 130..lol..
Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

I'm a little curious if you own or have owned a 130X or a 300X. Just wondering, as your tone seems a bit condescending and your words perhaps a trifle insulting to us know nothings who would waste our hard earned dollars on a Blade product.... Never mind that there is a large proportion of us who own and fly considerably larger and presumably more sophisticated helis than the 130X or 300X.......

That said, my 130Xs fill a niche that no other heli can. I can step out in my back yard and fly whenever the weather is good enough and I have daylight. I have to travel to have adequate room to fly my bigger helis, even the 300X (along with my 250) is a little big for the space I have. Point is, I get a lot more flying in with the 130X than I possibly could with any other heli in my fleet, and as a result, my flying has improved much more with it than it ever would have without it. And, yes I have a simulator, and it helps, but the fact is, it's not the same as actually flying....
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right now being cold as all get out, the 130!! I like them both, I am partial to smaller heli's so probably the 130x, and I like to fiddle! I can fly the 130x in my basement to a limited degree and it is a very fun helicopter with great responsiveness and decent power. The 300x is actually also a really nice size for me, I can hop over to the local park and fly, back yard circuits etc...The 300x is a great value in terms of what you get, you basically get a helicopter for $100 while purchasing a 7200BX which is a great FBL controller, transplant-able to any heli in your future should you move up from the 300. I like them both, for different reasons, glad to have them both. If I had to choose though........
Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here you go.....
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	373132
Blade 130x....Blade 300x.....Trex 450!

Last edited by Supertuna; 12-11-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Supertuna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjo69 View Post
Why do you even come to the Blade forums?????
It showed up on my New Post list along with the other 50 blade heli threads...

I've owned 4 different Blade heli's and I finally figured out that it's just not worth it in the long run and I figured that someone should say why they thought it wasn't worth the money in the long run...

Unless of course you like to tinker and chase quality problems with upgrades.

That's all...
Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65L88 View Post
I'm a little curious if you own or have owned a 130X or a 300X. Just wondering, as your tone seems a bit condescending and your words perhaps a trifle insulting to us know nothings who would waste our hard earned dollars on a Blade product.... Never mind that there is a large proportion of us who own and fly considerably larger and presumably more sophisticated helis than the 130X or 300X.......

That said, my 130Xs fill a niche that no other heli can. I can step out in my back yard and fly whenever the weather is good enough and I have daylight. I have to travel to have adequate room to fly my bigger helis, even the 300X (along with my 250) is a little big for the space I have. Point is, I get a lot more flying in with the 130X than I possibly could with any other heli in my fleet, and as a result, my flying has improved much more with it than it ever would have without it. And, yes I have a simulator, and it helps, but the fact is, it's not the same as actually flying....
I haven't owned a130x, but came close to buying a few times to try it and decide to put that money into better equipment!

I also owned the 300x for about a week and returned it again because of the horrible quality. The frames were mushy and they were/still are dropping out of the sky for various reasons.

Do other helis have these problems?!!! Yes of course they do...Does Horizon have great customer service? Yes they do because they have to for all the support needed.

Horizon is selling its customers down the road in my opinion with minimal quality and Many...Many Too Many new helis! Why would I say this? Because most local hobby shops will tell you that they just can't keep up with the amount of new helis coming out and also stock parts for them. In the last half of this year there has been what...5 new Blade helis announced or released?

The comments aren't to purely piss you off and if I had to choose one to fly for some fun it would be the 130x with lots of spare gears. Only because it bounces! The 300 has a multitude of problems that I'm sure all you hard working guys will figure out for them and for that I salute you.

Honestly it's not in Horizon's best engine to release solid helis like the Protos or Gaui because they don't need upgrades to fly deep into 3D skills.

That's It...Flame Away
Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

This is the only pic I have at present, look to right:

/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
I haven't owned a130x, but came close to buying a few times to try it and decide to put that money into better equipment!

I also owned the 300x for about a week and returned it again because of the horrible quality. The frames were mushy and they were/still are dropping out of the sky for various reasons.

Do other helis have these problems?!!! Yes of course they do...Does Horizon have great customer service? Yes they do because they have to for all the support needed.

Horizon is selling its customers down the road in my opinion with minimal quality and Many...Many Too Many new helis! Why would I say this? Because most local hobby shops will tell you that they just can't keep up with the amount of new helis coming out and also stock parts for them. In the last half of this year there has been what...5 new Blade helis announced or released?

The comments aren't to purely piss you off and if I had to choose one to fly for some fun it would be the 130x with lots of spare gears. Only because it bounces! The 300 has a multitude of problems that I'm sure all you hard working guys will figure out for them and for that I salute you.

Honestly it's not in Horizon's best engine to release solid helis like the Protos or Gaui because they don't need upgrades to fly deep into 3D skills.

That's It...Flame Away
meh, I havent stripped a single gear in nearly 150 flights between my pair of 130x. This is including one hard crash on concrete and one where rotor blades clipped a tree branch and the bird ended up in the grass. Both of them only required minimal tweaks out of the box, but what heli doesnt? The 300x, havent flown it enough yet to have a deep opinion of it, but when I was able to purchase an ENTIRE bird minus beastx virtually unused for only little over $100 last week I was sold on the type.

Blade helis fit the bill for me because I don't want to spend a lot of money on a higher quality bird yet, and they have good enough quality and customer service. As for all the new stuff coming out, I learned to quit drinking the kool aid (same with unnecessary bling). Not getting any more different types now for a while. When I do, some will get sold and, I think, I will be trying out a Gaui 200 size.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

That's It...Flame Away
Again I ask; why do you hang out in the Blade forums if you are so anti-Blade. I am just curios, do you like to talk down about Blade, or just like to try and make Blade flyers feel that they have inferior products or do you work for the competition or something? Do you jump up on the stump and tell people which automobiles you think suck too?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow nice selection of birds..I saw a video of a 130x look like it fell 200ft and it spooled right up and flyin smooth...might be a good bird to get my feet wet again..
Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's a side by side pic so you can see the scale....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0560.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	373779  
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

What about repair cost. You can learn lots with a 130 with VERY low repair costs. I don't know any other heli other than the 130 and MCPx that can fly a few 100 flights with 20 or 30 crashes and only have 25 or 30 dollars invested in repairs. I know many people with a stock 130 no extra money invested and they fly great. In fact go to IRCHA and see how many team pilots have a 130 for fun. As to the original question they both fly pretty good but for a beginner if money is an issue the 130 is better. Yes they are close in price but the 130 will save you a few 100 over time in repairs. It's hard to find something you can slam in the ground stand it up and take off again.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Front to back: 130x / trex 250 / 300x

Bottom to top: nano cpx, mcpx BL, 130x, trex 250, 300x (without canopy), trex 500
Bisso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx a bunch..I got a price for a 450x for $525 with dx6i xtra battery and tx case hmmm..money isn't a big issue more of comfort. Nice fleet!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in