Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking HOLY BELL HILLER!!!!

I've had a bell hiller mixer kit laying around waiting for bearings to arrive to install it on my full extreme metal head but got impatient so I decided to go with HH's way of modding it to a stock plastic head.

After completion of the mod I did the first few test hovers in the rc aircraft research and development center test flight area, and was all over the place... This thing is so responsive I was slapping her from one wall to another....

The test flight imediately moved out doors, where I was finally able to hold a desent hover for a minute or two... I didnt have time to run a full lipo through her but its like learning to hover all over again!!!

But I can tell Im gonna love it once I get used to it!! Thanks HH!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-05-06_02-39-18_962.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	226333   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-05-06_02-40-00_351.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	226334   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-05-06_02-40-21_301.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	226335  
Birdkiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 03:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's like having a brand new heli, isn't it!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
It's like having a brand new heli, isn't it!

Oh yeah, its not even close to the same bird anymore!!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice BK. Is that a modded 450 canopy?
Old 05-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it that different? On the sim I use tiny stick inputs nut when I go outside I seem to have to use much bigger stick inputs, maybe this is the solution
toonttm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2011, 05:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

BK, your bird is looking sweet! Cool canopy, it amazing how a different canopy can change the looks of the helicopter. I see you trimmed the canopy quite a bit, did you notice any issue with lift using the stock motor?

It’s crazy how much more response the Bell/Hiller gives the Bee and I was just like you Bro when I first tried it. I was so use to the slow response of the Bee that I was all over the place, but on the first flight I knew this was the mod that would turn my Bee into a sweet yard ripping bird. It’s only took a few flights to get use to it and then the real fun begin…Yea Baby! I have to give a shout out to Luke, he was the primary one who got me to try out the Xtreme B/H and I have say once you go B/H there’s no going back. If it wasn’t for Luke turning me onto the Xtreme B/H mod I would never have come up with the stock head B/H mod, so if anything goes wrong it’s Luke fault…hehehe
Old 05-08-2011, 05:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonttm View Post
Is it that different? On the sim I use tiny stick inputs nut when I go outside I seem to have to use much bigger stick inputs, maybe this is the solution

YES! It’s that different
If you are looking for less stick inputs to get the Bee to react, then the B/H is definitely what you’re looking for. The instant response of the B/H lets you perform maneuvers that you could never do with the stock Bee head setup. For example…To do a loop with a stock Bee is almost impossible and you would need to be at least 200’ feet in the air to even pull it off, but with the response speed and control of the B/H you can do a loop with the Bee fairly easy and you only have to be 50’ feet off the deck.

This was the first time trying to do a loop after installing the Xtreme B/H mod on my Bee. It took three tries to get it down, but I finally got it and I know there’s no way I could of pull it off without the B/H mod.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1cqd8z3zK0[/ame]
Old 05-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now put some small lightweight paddles on their and watch her skip!

These are what I am flying now:
http://super-skids.com/SuperPaddles.htm
Old 05-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
YES! It’s that different
If you are looking for less stick inputs to get the Bee to react, then the B/H is definitely what you’re looking for. The instant response of the B/H lets you perform maneuvers that you could never do with the stock Bee head setup. For example…To do a loop with a stock Bee is almost impossible and you would need to be at least 200’ feet in the air to even pull it off, but with the response speed and control of the B/H you can do a loop with the Bee fairly easy and you only have to be 50’ feet off the deck.

This was the first time trying to do a loop after installing the Xtreme B/H mod on my Bee. It took three tries to get it down, but I finally got it and I know there’s no way I could of pull it off without the B/H mod.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1cqd8z3zK0
Yes!! It makes it a completely different helicopter like Luke said, I knew it would make it more responsive from everyone on here talking about it. But Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannng!!!!!
On my first flight with it I cautiously lifted off and like usual countered the left pull the bee has and it came up and just about did a barrel role making it permanent fixture into the wall! Then countering that, I slammed it into the opposing wall. It surely took some getting used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Now put some small lightweight paddles on their and watch her skip!

These are what I am flying now:
http://super-skids.com/SuperPaddles.htm
That's what I'm running right now as well, I like them others don't so much.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys for the complements, yes it's a cheap 5$ HK 450 canopy cut down, I still have to trim it a little cleaner around the head area. Also I drilled one of the rubber bushing holes to big that slides onto the carbon post to keep it on.... And lost it during a crash, so now with only one rubber if I don't have everything balanced and tracked perfectly the canopy flops around like a piece of crap on the post all Cadywampus.

It may be a little tiny bit heavy for the bee, so since I already have it all cracked up on the brink of complete failure I think I'm gonna experiment with a bit more trimming to loose some weight.

You should have seen the crash that banged it all up, I'm talking pulling major bell hiller "G's" into thick white oak branches. Shredded leaves
raining down like confedii. Then after a huge over correction ripped through a large
branch of pine needles slamming directly into the trunk.

Ripped the canopy off, chucked the lipo about 20 feet away, broke the fly bar control arm, and a couple other pieces........man I got do get a head cam!!!! You guys would have loved it!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Congrats! Sounds like a crash that would rivel HH
Old 05-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
Congrats! Sounds like a crash that would rivel HH
Haha I dont know about that, HH has pretty spectacular crashes! Although mine was really cool looking with all the flying debris! ( chopped leaves, pine needles, canopy, battery, heli itself) Hahaha
Old 05-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

You Guys must be talking about someone else…cause I never crash. Some unexpected landing yes, but crashes…NOoo…not me…never.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
You Guys must be talking about someone else…cause I never crash. Some unexpected landing yes, but crashes…NOoo…not me…never.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in