Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam

Beam Beam Helicopters Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What type of Servos is it?

sh-0253, sh-0263mg, and h-SH-0257MG
Please look at The pictures show unclear servos model. Can you guy help me out tell me what type is it, and which one is better for beam e4 v2 flybarless ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmh-e4-a-1o_2-500x500.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	288687  
xdreamx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 06:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think this is what your looking for-hope it helps

Mike

http://www.savoxusa.com/
mikey5003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry i'm an idiot this morning, you wanted a model #. The 2 look like micros the one in the back dosen't, so check their site for better info, it will be just how much you want to spend i have never had any experience with them before myself but they look pretty cool. I use these myself. http://www.ebay.com/itm/270892375131...#ht_1174wt_918

The Hitec's are very good servos,and never had a problem with them at all, they are pricey but i think there is nothing like a good digital servo.
mikey5003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

any micro servo with good specs will do the trick.

Just be carefull, as i can see often, on the field, people buying "cheap" micro servos that are quite fast, but have no torque at all. It is much worse than havinga bit of torque and just a decent speed. and in FBL, torque is really needed ( direct control= harder life for the servo)

If you are a hard 3D Stick Banger, the " fashion" at the moment is the DS 95 and 95i.

If you are a "intermediate" pilot, then you will like the following for the swash :

Savox / Align , Hitec ( 5065MG is very good value, reliable and strong, 20 crashes before killing one of them lol), NExus DSW 3xx series....

For the tail, you will need a fast servo with a bit of torque still ( small hard points will siply make you loose all the benefits of speed). The Align mini servos DS 520 works pretty good, same for Savox, then i was impressed with the JR DS3500 (expensive but insane control), and Nexus DSW 4xx series. YOu will need a 0.09 sec/60° Minimum with good torque, or a 0.07 and less with moderate torque. People forget that in a 450 class, the tail spins very, very fast and once under load, the " tennis racket" effect is very big, it's needed to have some torque to keep the tail working fine and accurate. Many people use 0.06 and less servos, but some of them have no torque and you can feel it on hard stops, the servo can't hold it straight..

The Savox servos you are looking at might be the following:

SH 0257 or SH 0263 for the swash ( i recommend the SH 0263, it's a bit slower but has more torque and you will really feel the difference in pitch pumping or fast pitch changes)

SH 0264 on the tail

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Fabien
Fabien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well how come USA Savox and AU are different product I was confused and I think I brought wrong one.
The one i brought is SH-0253, would it still work ?

SH-0253

Specifications:
  • Speed @ 6.0V: 0.09 sec/60°
  • Torque @ 6.0V: 30 oz-in / 2.2 kg-cm
  • Weight: 14g
  • Bearing: Single
  • Type: Micro Plus
  • Gear: Metal
  • Case: Aluminum
  • Output Shaft: 21T Spline
  • Case Size (LxWxH): 22.8x12x25.4mm
xdreamx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in