Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default going fly bar less

I'm about to order fbl unit kit for my 500esp and wondering about some things
1 setting up the swash plate the same as the old fb
2 setting up the tx is that going to change also and what is changing in the tx
3 I know it looks cooler with the fbl but does it learning to fly all over again being fbl I've never seen one fly yet I live in a small town and I think there is only 3 people here that fly and they don't know nothing....
gaurdian101 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450 3d View Post
I'm about to order fbl unit kit for my 500esp and wondering about some things
1 setting up the swash plate the same as the old fb
2 setting up the tx is that going to change also and what is changing in the tx
3 I know it looks cooler with the fbl but does it learning to fly all over again being fbl I've never seen one fly yet I live in a small town and I think there is only 3 people here that fly and they don't know nothing....
Lots of benefits to going FBL.

First of all what FBL unit are you getting? They are all different in their setup and what's required. I can give you a better answer knowing that, but in general.....

1) Setting up the swash is more or less the same given that everything that changes in FBL is from the swash up. However, there are specific steps to centering servos in the FBL particular to your unit of choice.

2) Setting up the Tx is a piece of cake since all the mixing and expo/dual rates, etc are handled by the FBL. Your radio needs to only be set to "1 servo normal", your throttle and pitch curves set, and your throttle hold set at 0. Everything else is done in the FBL. Very very easy Tx setup with FBL. Start with a new model from scratch. Don't go changing stuff back to default in a model that you already have for the heli.

3) The flight characteristics for a FBL machine are awesome. It will have more power since there's less drag on the head from the flybar being gone. It will also be much more stable since the FBL will be doing its best to maintain heading and your heli will just feel a lot more locked in.

Just take your time with the FBL setup. Don't go through all the steps and then go immediately outside. Read the instructions, go through the steps, watch some instructional tuning/setup videos, then go through the steps again to make sure you didn't miss anything. It can be a little daunting your first time through it, but once you do it once or twice its really quite simple.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2014, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default fbl

thanks Dcflyer that kind of clear thing's up a little....as for the fbl system I was going to or would be the Ikon I think don't know for sure depends on funds on that one.... I have a new gaui x5 that I got new just waiting on the servo's and it's fb and wanting to make that one fbl also and leave my blade 450 3d fb to practice on for crash's easier on the pocket book than the align and gaui....
gaurdian101 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2014, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ikon

the ikon is very easy to setup ,and flys very well ,need any help with setup ,I can help you out
Old 05-31-2014, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For a lot of pilots I know, including me, once one heli was fbl the rest followed!
Old 05-31-2014, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450 3d View Post
.as for the fbl system I was going to or would be the Ikon..
The iKon is a fantastic unit. A lot of really great features and very easy to set up. Once you start tuning it, you will be using the advanced menus a lot more which will require some research but the initial setup and getting it in the air is very straight forward.

This will get you going:

How to set up iKON FBL Unit (53 min 11 sec)
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2014, 02:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

DCflyer explained it quite well and I am sure you won't be disappointed with the Ikon. It is the best one that I have used to date and do not see any reason to try any other brand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in