Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default G20 belt

I have now flown the g20 numerous times...every few flights I have to tighten the belt a little or it jumps off the tail guide pulley...once it even slipped some. I have made 3 or 4 adjustments now. All my other belt tails take a RARE adjustment. This belt is big and new so I expected a fair amount of stretch but this seems like it is stretching excessively....in you guys' experience does it eventually stop stretching? I think I am going to do the torque tube conversion but just curious.
AE .50 apache, TT .90 TOW MD500, 2 x JR ergo 60, TT x50 titan, TT 50, TT 30, 3 x MTe325, MSH Mini protos, trex 450 Apache, MT cobra, Airwolf 450, Blade 400, century 50 Bell 47, MT EC135, RADIKAL G20, trex450 MD500, Protos 500
Bikersurgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have heard a few different people complain of this issue. I have had a G20 and G30 with belts and they stretched some over the first few flights and then where good for a very long time after that. I would suspect that the boom is slipping and a simple fix is to pin it. this is normal with a lot of heli brands and you can just set the belt tension and then drill a small hole through and into the boom . Then install a small self taping screw in the boom. Make sure that the screw is short and into the open part of the belt.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pinning works well, however having 2 belt driven Raptors over the years, I just used a Scotchbrite pad to roughen the tailboom surface on the portion that is clamped by the frame. Never had a boom slip that way. Some guys would also put 1 wrap of Scotch tape around the boom before clamping, as an alternative method.

To confirm if the boom is slipping just draw a line on the boom with a Sharpie where the boom clamp meets the tailboom itself. If the line disappears after a flight or two, the boom has slipped inward....

The reason I don't pin a boom is because I like to fly in the winter, which requires a readjustment of the belt tension as the boom itself shrinks in the cold and the belt gets loose. With it pinned I couldn't do that. Consequently when it warmed up I would have to loosen the belt slightly as it would get very tight.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ahhh excellent tips...thanks guys!
AE .50 apache, TT .90 TOW MD500, 2 x JR ergo 60, TT x50 titan, TT 50, TT 30, 3 x MTe325, MSH Mini protos, trex 450 Apache, MT cobra, Airwolf 450, Blade 400, century 50 Bell 47, MT EC135, RADIKAL G20, trex450 MD500, Protos 500
Bikersurgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I pined the front and the back case. Just run a short socket head bolt in just a little longer than the plastic. Set everything up the way you want it and drill a hole through the plastic and metal tube on one side. Go soft so you do not hit the belt, then just run a bolt in. Just do it on one side on the front and the back that way if you need to change something down the road you can just drill the other side.
TRex 450L 6S Spirit FBL
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in