Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #81 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeko View Post
No such thing as "old stock" at Prostar Hobby. You're guaranteed a new kit with all recent updates. If not they make it right at no cost to you. Ive been very happy with my Warp. No upgrades required, just build and fly. Hope you get one for Christmas! I think you'd like it.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
+1

I ordered a whole kit for spare parts 6 weeks ago (LOL!!) and it had the updated parts. Also, any parts (of the updated ones) you order now should be the updated versions. I actually visited Nankin Hobby in person this summer, and got a short "tour" of the store. Mike J. was busy in the back (ProStar) filling multiple orders, etc. All the "first batch" parts were long since pulled and only the improved parts were being sold.

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wait a minute, you took me the wrong way. I was agreeing that a lot of helis have issues and laughing that many people with 130xs claim their Heli is indestructible. You do see my posts that say I want a warp one day right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
I don't know what else to say. My posting history speaks for itself. I've posted pics of my crashes, pics of broken parts, simple mods, etc. Most of my flights and crashes were witnessed. My last crash onto cement at the Mid-America FF during spot light flying, much to my amazement, didn't even damage the main and tail shafts. Sure it broke a bunch of other parts, but I've already stated that it previous posts.

The only real issue I have with the Warp is the belt tensioner. Personally I'd love for it to be of a simpler (fewer parts) design, but the fact of the matter is I haven't experienced a failure of it. Same thing with the stock tail, it hasn't failed me. I have an entire Hawk-RC tail assembly still NIP, waiting it's turn on the Warp. If the stock TR shaft ever bends on me and needs to be replaced, I might throw the Hawk unit on there. Until then, it just sits in my spare parts box.

Like it or not, I'm posting my personal experiences with the Warp's "Reliability", in the Warp forum of all places. It's not like I'm intruding on a Forza thread.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
+1

I ordered a whole kit for spare parts 6 weeks ago (LOL!!) and it had the updated parts. Also, any parts (of the updated ones) you order now should be the updated versions. I actually visited Nankin Hobby in person this summer, and got a short "tour" of the store. Mike J. was busy in the back (ProStar) filling multiple orders, etc. All the "first batch" parts were long since pulled and only the improved parts were being sold.

Now I just have to hope the wife orders from the right store. Now if she surprised me an E7 I wouldn't complain about that, but out of her price range. Only thing I wish the warp had different is a brighter canopy. I love dark colors but not for flying.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are three different color schemes.

I have the red, which I like the looks of, but my old, color-blind eyes have trouble seeing.

I have a green one (at least, I think it is green) and I can really see that one in the air.

There is a third one, but I cannot tell you what color that is.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Reliability

The green one isn't too bad. Its brighter than my Trex anyway. Plus the canopy is a bit bigger so it's decently easy to see.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372912976858.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	433059   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372913141977.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	433060   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372913179152.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	433061  
Danny Dugger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My warp canopy is bright orange and black. Its amazing how visible it is. People at the flying club always comment on how well they can see it when it gets far away. The canopy being larger than your average 450 camopy also helps.

They may say the canopy is red and nlack buts it is bright orange and super easy to see in the air

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, when I had only seen the green canopy in pics I wasn't really a fan but now I have the green on both birds and love it - it really pops on a sunny day.
The only thing else I can add to this thread is that anyone who never gets some airtime on a Warp 360 is seriously missing out on something good.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bright during the day is good, but what about cloudy days? My complaint with the E5 is that it has a white/cream canopy that is beautiful in the sun, but tough to see amongst the clouds. Can't wait for the blue canopy to use on cloudy days.

Last edited by GJacksonF3N; 07-04-2013 at 10:54 AM..
GJacksonF3N is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
There are three different color schemes.

I have the red, which I like the looks of, but my old, color-blind eyes have trouble seeing.

I have a green one (at least, I think it is green) and I can really see that one in the air.

There is a third one, but I cannot tell you what color that is.
The TDR canopy is going to be out really soon... they (wowhobby?) are sending me one to review. I saw a picture, it looks great...
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

"The TDR canopy is going to be out really soon... they (wowhobby?) are sending me one to review. I saw a picture, it looks great..."

I look forward to your review, sir!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiron View Post
yep, elevator servo is a pain... I'll be double frustrated when it will need gear replacement in a future crash.
Not at all! I thought the same, but when it came time to replace stripped gears in it I realized the elevator was MUCH easier than the aileron servos to service. Just leave it in the airframe and unscrew the 4 servo screws and pull the servo body off in place.
This is incidentally also the best way to install that servo as pushing the wires and strain-relief through the frame is downright scary - I'll never do THAT again.
P@ W is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

heh, cool idea, should work brilliantly! hopefully I won't have to use this advice soon
Old 07-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good thinking! So far elevator is the only servo I had stripped and it took some wiggling and head-cocking to get it out to change the gears. Next time I will try that

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #94 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMarvin View Post
Good thinking! So far elevator is the only servo I had stripped and it took some wiggling and head-cocking to get it out to change the gears. Next time I will try that
+1

Old 07-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I did it and it IS super easy! P@W - great tip Sir - Thank you!!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

What a genius idea. I'll remember that when the inevitable happens, thanks!

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Danny Dugger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in